Problem Changing Vendor Rom 7.1.9.0.0 To Miui / Xiaomi.eu Rom

psaldanha

Members
Aug 15, 2016
Hi!!

So i bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (snapdragon) in March 2016. Great phone, but came with vendor ROM. Its has some bloatware but nothing big. But it doesnt let me update the ROM.

So i read some threads here and there, not the first time i change a rom to a phone, but got stuck updating this one.

So, i have a Redmi Note 3 Pro:
Android version - 5.1.1 LMY47V
Patch security - 2015-12-01
MIUI version - MIUI Global 7.1 Stable (7.1.9.0.0 - LHOCNCL)
Base band - A.2.0.c1.1-00006-8976_GE N_PACK-1
Kernel version - 3.10.73-perf-gc7d7acd
Compilation number - LMY47V.

I know its a vendor ROM. Its has locked bootloader. I already have unlock code and MIUI unlock program.

When trying to unlock, the program gives an error saying "Phone doesnt match account".

So i tried to change from vendor ROM to China version developer so i could change it to Global Developer later. Till i could install latest Xiaomi.eu ROM (because of portuguese language and other stuff).

Tried with Mi Pc Suite, it gives an error saying the version is up to date.

Tried to flash with Mi PC Suite, it finds the updated stable and developer versions but says it cant update.

So i installed the ADB drivers, downloaded the fastboot rom from Miui servers and tried to flash with Mi Flash the rom.

Everything ok, enter in EDL mode (download mode), phone recognized by computer with Windows 64-bit.

So the problem is: when i try to flash the ROM, the Mi Flash gives an error saying "Wait for port be ready 9 seconds - impossible to download libraries / dll).

So, i search on internet and no good, no anwser.

Can someone give me a help here? What is wrong? Why the Mi Flash thinks COM port is busy?

Thanks everyone!!

Last edited:
Hi!

Thanks for the help!

Thats the procedure i followed.

But when flashing, the mi flash gives the error "wait for port - busy com".

Something like that.

Searched on the internet but nothing about this error.

Another approach i read, change version number 7.1.9.0.0 to something OEM, like 7.1.8, in build.prop. Could that allow me to update in Update app?!

I doubt that approach would even work.

Is your device in "Qualcomm HS-USB QLoader 9008" mode and not "Qualcomm HSUSB QLoader 900E" when trying to flash?

Also when you get to stage "Steps to Flash ROM: -" step 4, browse. Try a refresh action first. Does your device get listed. And skip the refresh at step 6.

Also try posting this error in the linked thread and you maybe get more support from someone who knows the procedure better.

The phone is detected as qualcomm 9008, like in procedure. As in fact, i have done all as is in the procedure, but Mi Flash keeps saying after clicking in Flash all: wait port - busy".
Will post a screenshot as soon as possible.

So here is the screenshot of the erro on Mi Flash tool.

Any help?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 780
Ok, i solve it!

I searched for a more recent Mi Flash version.

And one that is as an installation and not only in zip mode.

So the version that worked for me was MiFlash 2016.04.01.0 (64-bit).

Got from here: androidmtk*com/download-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool.

Thanks to everyone!

Ok, another problem.

So i installed without any problems TWRP. Got xiaomi.eu rom and supersu.zip in internal storage. Flashed everything and wipe as ask / as tutorial.

But in xiaomi.eu rom developer the phone stuck on MI logo. No "android" word nor dots working.

I managed to install offical developer miui rom.

What is missing?

Glad you where able to get off the vendor rom.

First boot of a new rom takes time to setup, hope you gave it enough time?

Did you unlock the bootloader officialy?
What version of xiaomi.eu where you trying to install.
You probably just had a corrupt download (checked md5?) or used the wrong TWRP to flash it.
Did you use the latest supersu v2.76?

More instructions here.

Well, the official global MIUI developer rom took about 5 min to startup for the first time.

When i installed the xiaomi developer version (the most recent one), i have it about 30min to startup but it stuck at Mi logo. No dots, no Android message below Mi logo. Só i thought it would be corrupted.

So i manage to install the official rom, that by the way is running very smooth.

The bootloader is unlocked. No problema at that.

Didnt checkrd md5. Will do and try again. I used the twrp in the tutorial to flash. Is there a better one?!

The supersu that i used is 2.76.
Thanks for the help!

I have unlocked official. But have used the twrp in the tutorial. Will will try with that one..

Thanks!

Ok, so finally i have the xiaomi.eu developer rom!!

The TWRP official didnt work for me. The TWRP in the ROM download page worked.

And i downloaded again the xiaomi.eu rom, checked md5, and in the end got a working rom!

What i have noticed is there isnt a clear and easy tutorial to change from vendor/offical ROM to a xiaomi.eu rom for redmi note 3 pro (snapdragon).

Maybe will post here this days a full tutorial (but with some images only :) - dont want to flash again the rom).

Thanks to everyone!

Sounds good. As i am currently awaiting one i might come back on it as well.