Problem flashing actual Xiaomi.eu Rom on MI8 SE... Help plz!

Maik Mugato

Members
Aug 24, 2017
Hello. I changed to my old mi4 to flash the newest Xiaomi.eu rom to my MI8SE... Because my recovery was f*** up...

What have i done?

1. I flashed china-rom "sirius_images_V10.3.1.0.PEBCNXM_20190418.0000.00_9.0_cn" via fastboot (worked)
2. I flashed TWRP "TWRP-3.2.3-1227-XIAOMI8SE-CN-wzsx150" via fastboot (worked)
3. I flashed xiaomi.eu rom "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_9.5.9_v10-9" via TWRP and USB-OTG (worked)
4. I wiped cache and rebooted - Only fastboot mode available

Again

5. Flashed china-rom "sirius_images_V10.3.1.0.PEBCNXM_20190418.0000.00_9.0_cn" via fastboot (worked)
6. Flashed another TWRP "TWRP-3.3.0-0423-XIAOMI8SE-CN-wzsx150" (worked)
7. Flashed the same Xiaomi-eu Rom again, and rebooted without wipes

Again stuck in Fasboot mode...

I have no more ideas, is it now impossible to install an xiaomi.eu rom on this device? Sad!

I would appriciate help very much! Greetings!

Install the version of paragraph 3 that you say worked for you and then only update using the tool to the latest version.

Enviado desde mi MI 8 SE mediante Tapatalk

Sorry, i don't understand... There is actually no xiaomi.eu rom that works on my device. After flashing only fastboot-mode

You are aware, you need to format data (not just wipe) prior flashing this Rom?

You will loose all data!

So make an external backup.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

Offcouse, i wanted to set up the device fresh anyway... Now i tried the latest china developer rom as basic, twrp0423 again and the latest xiaomi.eu rom...
After that, i did an complete wipe - dalvik/art, cache and data.

Same thing. Just fastboot mode after restart. That sucks!

Offcouse, i wanted to set up the device fresh anyway... Now i tried the latest china developer rom as basic, twrp0423 again and the latest xiaomi.eu rom...
After that, i did an complete wipe - dalvik/art, cache and data.

Same thing. Just fastboot mode after restart. That sucks!
No wipe! Format, confirmed by typing “yes“, you did that?

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

Nope. completely? Data, system?
FORMAT DATA with YES as confirmation (in TWRP WIPE section) is MANDATORY after fastboot CN ROM installation.
Your 2 trials are both valid, if /With Format data done before point n°3.
In case of unsuccessful you have to return to an OREO CN fastboot rom and TWRP 1102 in order to refresh the partitions.

Isn't there an anti-flash protection for older android versions? Will try to completely format the system before flash this evening

1. Flash latest China Beta via MiFlash
2. Flash TWRP 1227 or newer
3. Format Data
4. Flash Xiaomi.eu 8.x.x (for example 8.12.27)
5. Reboot system
6. Will work, setup
7. Reboot to TWRP, Install latest Xiaomi.eu
I had same issue, but solved this method.

Wysłane z mojego MI 8 SE przy użyciu Tapatalka

YES!

That worked! Thank you very much!
This should be pinned as the ultimate solution for this device, i can't imagine that i'm the only one with this issue!

3. Format Data
5. Reboot system
6. Will work, setup

ok i will try

Last edited:
FORMAT DATA with YES as confirmation (in TWRP WIPE section) is MANDATORY after fastboot CN ROM installation.
Your 2 trials are both valid, if /With Format data done before point n°3.
In case of unsuccessful you have to return to an OREO CN fastboot rom and TWRP 1102 in order to refresh the partitions.
Hello, I am facing the same problem, did all you advised, but the Mi8 SE everytime is stuck in Fastboot. Do you have any idea?
(so, flashed fastboot beta rom, installed twrp 2712, formatted data, flashed miu eu stable > phone in fastboot. Tried several twrp's, but none works.
Can you help me out? Thanks, Alex

p.s.
1. after flashing twrp i give command (fastboot boot twrp.img) to boot twrp and twrp starts and directly after that there's the mi logo and after 10 seconds twrp starts up. But the buttons do no respond for a while though, maybe also 10 seconds.
2. after flashing twrp, i turn the phone off and restart in recovery mode, but no twrp.
3. refuses to let twrp working, don't understand why.

Last edited:
Hello, I am facing the same problem, did all you advised, but the Mi8 SE everytime is stuck in Fastboot. Do you have any idea?
(so, flashed fastboot beta rom, installed twrp 2712, formatted data, flashed miu eu stable > phone in fastboot. Tried several twrp's, but none works.
Can you help me out? Thanks, Alex

p.s.
1. after flashing twrp i give command (fastboot boot twrp.img) to boot twrp and twrp starts and directly after that there's the mi logo and after 10 seconds twrp starts up. But the buttons do no respond for a while though, maybe also 10 seconds.
2. after flashing twrp, i turn the phone off and restart in recovery mode, but no twrp.
Not clear what's happens in your case. ("buttons do not respond!" and then they respond? if yes go forward and install your rom°)
I suggest you to follow instruction given in post 11. This is working and tested to refresh the phone state!

Not clear what's happens in your case. ("buttons do not respond!" and then they respond? if yes go forward and install your rom°)
I suggest you to follow instruction given in post 11. This is working and tested to refresh the phone state!
"not responding" means that it takes about 10 seconds and then the buttons in twrp respond. It's laggy.
I tried all the steps several times now (flashed fastboot rom even 4 times, not funny anymore), but somehow the phone does not accept any twrp.
And when twrp is on it and (first format data) i install miu eu beta rom, twrp seems to install it right, but when the phone restart it turns on in fastboot. Over and over again. So, there must be some other problem?
So what can i do?

"not responding" means that it takes about 10 seconds and then the buttons in twrp respond. It's laggy.
I tried all the steps several times now (flashed fastboot rom even 4 times, not funny anymore), but somehow the phone does not accept any twrp.
And when twrp is on it and (first format data) i install miu eu beta rom, twrp seems to install it right, but when the phone restart it turns on in fastboot. Over and over again. So, there must be some other problem?
So what can i do?
ultimate and old fashion trick:
flash old OREO fastboot rom and twrp 1102. (like V9.5.10.0 or 11)
link: https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/download-official-miui-roms-for-xiaomi-mi-8-se/
Then go to latest EU rom and relevant TWRP 1227. (don't forget format data/yes.!!)
This worked for all of us in the past months.

3. Format Data
5. Reboot system
6. Will work, setup

Thanks a lot, this worked for me

Reactions: Maik Mugato
ultimate and old fashion trick:
flash old OREO fastboot rom and twrp 1102. (like V9.5.10.0 or 11)
link: https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/download-official-miui-roms-for-xiaomi-mi-8-se/
Then go to latest EU rom and relevant TWRP 1227. (don't forget format data/yes.!!)
This worked for all of us in the past months.
Well, the only twrp thats seems to work is TWRP-3.3.0-0423-XIAOMI8SE-CN-wzsx150. Managed to install eu beta rom 8.12.27 with it.
It works. Tried to flash twrp1102 and twrp1217, but somehow they are not accepted / working / starting up.
Then i formatted again in this working twrp and installed latest stable eu rom.
Still don't understand why the other twrp's do not work on the device.

Anyway, thanks for your time and help.
Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,
Alex
Thanks a lot, this worked for me
So why does this twrp not work on my mi8se? Can anyone explaine that?

Well, the only twrp thats seems to work is TWRP-3.3.0-0423-XIAOMI8SE-CN-wzsx150. Managed to install eu beta rom 8.12.27 with it.
It works. Tried to flash twrp1102 and twrp1217, but somehow they are not accepted / working / starting up.
Then i formatted again in this working twrp and installed latest stable eu rom.
Still don't understand why the other twrp's do not work on the device.

Anyway, thanks for your time and help.
Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,
Alex

So why does this twrp not work on my mi8se? Can anyone explaine that?
because XIAOMI changed/modified the partition scheme ( or something like this) at 8.12.27 date. That's why TWRP date 1102 (nov02) and 1217 (dec17) became obsolete and replaced by 1227 version. i still make use this version as daily without trouble.
Now it has been updated for details to 0423 (april23).
nice sunny week end....

Reactions: Alexiaomi
So what can i do?
You didn't follow the steps of post #11 exactly as you didn't use TWRP 1227, but as you wrote you solved it meanwhile with the more recent TWRP

Last edited:
because XIAOMI changed/modified the partition scheme ( or something like this) at 8.12.27 date. That's why TWRP date 1102 (nov02) and 1217 (dec17) became obsolete and replaced by 1227 version. i still make use this version as daily without trouble.
Now it has been updated for details to 0423 (april23).
nice sunny week end....
Thank you for explaining. So i can flash this 0423 twrp over 150? Will it work and is it better?

Thank you for explaining. So i can flash this 0423 twrp over 150? Will it work and is it better?
You still are mixing up the versions.
There is no 150.
0423 (from 2019-04-23) is the next version after 1227 (from 2018-12-27).
I updated my TWRP from 1227 to 0423 and it works fine (with xiaomi.eu ROMs 8.12.27 or later)