problem stock to EU Rom

archric

Members
Feb 8, 2020
Hi friends!
I tried to install EU Rom to my Redmi Note 8 from stock ROM but its imposible!
I installed OrangeFox, copied the Rom to internal storage, did the format data thing and the problem is that when i format the data everything gets erased., its like if i did a system format also, except that i didn't, and sometimes i get some strange folders with random names on the partition. If i don't format the data, the ROM gets installed (probably) but it doesn´t boot to system, only to Recovery. I tried with TWRP and OrangeFox...same result on both...
No encryption activated and clean ROM installed by MiFlash.
Also tried to install ROM through sdcard, copying it to the internal storage and it gets all the way to the end of installation, but when i reboot nothing is there... i am getting crazy with this, and i am so used to this EU Rom, that i don't want to get "stuck" to the Global Rom :(
Also i tried to install just by copying the zip to the internal storage but that also doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
Thank you!
Rick

wipe the following partitions in OrangeFox:
Cache
Dalvik
System
Vendor
Data
Before you install the new ROM.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: iamme729
Hi Isamwise.
Thank you for your reply. The problem is that if i wipe Data, everything is gone, i end up with an empty directory :(

Hi Isamwise.
Thank you for your reply. The problem is that if i wipe Data, everything is gone, i end up with an empty directory :(
Wiping data is equivalent to doing a factory reset. Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik and vendor, then connect your phone to a computer, enable MTP and copy the new ROM Zip you downloaded, then flash away.

It's best to follow instructions from OP on your ROM XDA.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Strange names, twrp can't decrypt storage!
Can i ask you why system and even the vendor partitition needs to be wiped?
Just format data with typing yes.
Then u see nothing on the phone .
Use twrp to copy the zipfile from pc with mtp or use a sdcard, USB otg and install.
Isn't that enough?