Resolved Problem with Voip & VPN with native sip client

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulluxxx

Members
Mar 24, 2012
Sorry, i've already posted this in another section of this forum, but i think this is the good section.

Hello everyone,

I encountered some problems in the ROM MIUI 2.3.23 in my Galaxy GT-I9000.

1) The native SIP client has a big problem, that only works in WiFi connection, and not when you are logged in 3/4G.
I did a search and found a possible solution in the XDA forum, the link [GUIDE] How to add native SIP stack for Android WiFi AND 3G calls (full Instructions) [Archive] - xda-developers which explains how to modify the file res \ values ​​\ bools.xml comes in the framework-res.apk.
It is within this file to change the parameter "config_sip_wifi_only" by setting it to "true" to "false" and recompile the package to replace the original in order to enable the SIP network also in 3/4G.
The procedure is not difficult, but unfortunately when I go to compile the package, I get an error.
Using the SIP protocol to have a landline number available on the phone, and I would be very helpful if someone could help me out.

2) conducting tests with OpenVPN VPN, and trying to connect the native SIP client to an Asterisk server inside the vpn, the SIP client does not reach the server. From the log it seems that the SIP client has a problem when routing packets to send to an address inside the vpn.

3) about the VPN, tun.ko the module is not loaded when starting the connection, and this does not start. To make it go from a terminal emulator I had to manually modprobe tun.

Thank you for helping me want to solve these problems, certainly related to an enhanced system, but also the only ones I found with this wonderful work you did.

Sorry for my bad english!

Sorry, i've already posted this in another section of this forum, but i think this is the good section.

Hello everyone,

I encountered some problems in the ROM MIUI 2.3.23 in my Galaxy GT-I9000.

1) The native SIP client has a big problem, that only works in WiFi connection, and not when you are logged in 3/4G.
I did a search and found a possible solution in the XDA forum, the link [GUIDE] How to add native SIP stack for Android WiFi AND 3G calls (full Instructions) [Archive] - xda-developers which explains how to modify the file res \ values ​​\ bools.xml comes in the framework-res.apk.
It is within this file to change the parameter "config_sip_wifi_only" by setting it to "true" to "false" and recompile the package to replace the original in order to enable the SIP network also in 3/4G.
The procedure is not difficult, but unfortunately when I go to compile the package, I get an error.
Using the SIP protocol to have a landline number available on the phone, and I would be very helpful if someone could help me out.

2) conducting tests with OpenVPN VPN, and trying to connect the native SIP client to an Asterisk server inside the vpn, the SIP client does not reach the server. From the log it seems that the SIP client has a problem when routing packets to send to an address inside the vpn.

3) about the VPN, tun.ko the module is not loaded when starting the connection, and this does not start. To make it go from a terminal emulator I had to manually modprobe tun.

Thank you for helping me want to solve these problems, certainly related to an enhanced system, but also the only ones I found with this wonderful work you did.

Sorry for my bad english!

Anyone can't help me?

Closing this for archiving if people need it. We will also suggest to re post the this as a MIUI MOD in the mods section of the forum it seems a more appropriate section but thanks for the feedback. We will keep this change in mind in future builds we release on this site.

Thanks,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.