Problems with v.5 Email client

ytulpan

Members
Jan 29, 2013
I'm using Exchange, and while the Email app looks similar to the AOSP one it has many issues:

1. Misses functions
2. Has "reply all" instead "reply" with no possibility to change this in options. "Reply" is only a menu option, very inconvenient.
3. Issues with the English ("All readed")
4. Shows only threaded view, impossible to change.

I tried to push to the /system/app folder the CM11 email client, files Email.apk and Exchange2.apk. I succeeded to do this but the phone was stuck in a boot loop when rebooting.

So I am back using the stable v.14, rooted in the meanwhile.

Any ideas ?

Edit - All the above relate to 4.5.30 on Mi3W

Get MailDroid. Even the free version covers (almost) everything you ever might need.

Thanks, se. Unfortunately, MailDroid does not support Activesync, which I must use for connecting. to the Exch. server. Moxier and K9 do, but have so and so reviews...

I've been using touchdown for the last few years with no issues.

All data is kept in it's own environment, so restrictive exchange policies only appy to touchdown and not the rest of your phone. This also has it's drawbacks, the one I found the most annoying was that you could not integrate the exchange calendar data with google calendar, you always need to use the touchdown calendar.

There is a 14 day trial version available:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nitrodesk.honey.nitroid&hl=nl

I'm just a user of the product, no relation to the company whatsoever.
Good luck!

Thanks Michiel. In fact, I tried Touchdown a year ago and I was quite happy, but now I have seen two new protagonists: "Cloudmagic" and "Nine" with glowing reviews. I tried Cloudmagic - it is visually arresting, but is a cloud solution and I cannot allow my mails to be in the open elsewhere. So I tested Nine and it's very good, I stayed with it... but then I went back to my old Nexus 4 ... people claim thatthey hear me very badly. I understand there is a big issue with the microphone. I jumped a bit early to use the MI3 as a full-time driver, I have to research a little more.