Process Of Installing Multi Rom On Leo

tzadka

Members
Aug 8, 2012
Hi!,

Got a new device and wanted to know how to gain root access in order to flash your rom.

In order to use Flashify, there is a need for a root.

Thanks.

Install china dev rom... It's rooted already..

~Tapatalk~

I'm already on the rom, so no problem. My question is will it update weekly by ota.

I don't have Mac. I can tell you how to do it with your pc (yes it needs a pc) and windows. The original guide is made by the admin of GR MIUI.

1. Download to your pc what is needed ->
a) Rom ,
b) TWRP Recovery and
c) ADB (You download this file which in the folder includes everything. The TWRP Recovery file is the leo.img) - File
2. Connect your Mi Note Pro with your PC. This would install the drivers needed. At the end you should have a new device called Mi Note Pro
3. Extract adb.rar to a folder (it will create c:\adb). Inside you will find the TWRP Recovery leo.img .This you will need it, as you will work under dos and sometimes doesn't understand well big names. Copy the rom from your pc to the root of the mobile. This is what you should see now
guide 1.jpg

4. Now we go to our mobile. Settings => Additional Settings => Developer options and activate USB Debugging. If you cannot find this option, you will have to activate it, by going to (Settings) => (About Phone) tap multiple times on MIUI Version till you get a message that you are a developer now. Now do the above written.
5. Now we are going to do the rest of the job under DOS. Press Windows Key + X . From the menu appeared, choose Coomand Prompt (Admin). When the DOS open, we write cd\ and cd adb as shown.
guide 2.jpg

6. Now We connect our mobile with the pc through USB. At the DOS window we write adb devices
guide 3.jpg

Now our device is connected with the pc. We type adb reboot bootloader
The device reboots in Fastboot mode (we see MIUI MITU)
After that we type fastboot boot leo.img
By this way we install temporally TWRP in our device and by this way we can install any rom we like. You will see a new menu will appear. From there choose install, find the rom and swipe to flash. The procedure will start and you will have your ROM installed.

Links checked and updated on 05/10/2015

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary Wong
Thanks ekonstadoudakis, that is an awesome guide and this should be pinned down somehow to get others started. One question TWRP vs MiRecovery (I assume this is a modded recovery?) ...which one is recommended for Mi Note Pro? i have used TWRP for the Samsung S3 i9300 for a long time but is it equally good for Leo?

TWRP is the only, sure working solution for now, at least for me. First time after my first custom installation, tried with update, which was running a mi recovery 2.0.1 I think, and it stuck at 7%. To be sure, and till we get these private keys from Xiaomi, I do it by this guide.

Everything works great untill im gonna flash the rom.
"mount: failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata at /data: Device or resource busy"

"mount: failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata at /data: Device or resource busy"
You try to install a rom for Mi Note Pro as I point into the guide and you get this error message where exactly!?

I got exactly the same message but waited. The install does complete even though it shows the erro. When you reboot and do a Factory reset you will get all the features of the ROM

I get it when im installing the rom.
If I remember well you get an error message, but the installation ends all right. Have to do the installation again to tell you what error message I see, but means nothing. It takes 2-3 min to install rom, so wait at least for that time.

If I remember well you get an error message, but the installation ends all right. Have to do the installation again to tell you what error message I see, but means nothing. It takes 2-3 min to install rom, so wait at least for that time.

I get these after the rom is "installed"
Failed to extract dir from "system to "/system"
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/rom.zip'

I get these after the rom is "installed"
Failed to extract dir from "system to "/system"
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/rom.zip'
Try to redownload the rom, better using a download manager like flashget. Do MD5 checksum, because I think you didn't download the rom correctly. Copy file to mobile and don't rename it, no need for that.

Try to redownload the rom, better using a download manager like flashget. Do MD5 checksum, because I think you didn't download the rom correctly. Copy file to mobile and don't rename it, no need for that.

The md5 checksum matched mine, but ill try redownload with flashget.

Edit: Got exactly the same errors after redownload.

Last edited:
Because I'm installing a modified rom, I see exactly the same message and at my screen, but the installation continues normally....!

Because I'm installing a modified rom, I see exactly the same message and at my screen, but the installation continues normally....!

yes, but after the installation i get "Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/xxx.zip" "Error flashing zip '/sdcard/xxx.zip"

Edit: I installed SU, and now it worked.. wierd..

Last edited:
Just for the record, the latest rom at the Greek MIUI forum, includes twrp inside, so there is no need of adb anymore. If someone wants to try it (it includes all languages), is welcome to try it, and it will be more helpful for futures updates.

The updater app (that comes with this ROM and with Miui in general I think) auto downloaded a file into sd_card/download_rom with the name:

miui_leo_mam_global_5.7.27_dcc89591a8_5.0.zip

I can't find this file in the weekly releases which are all named differently and are 5.7.26. The hash doesn't match the file that is the currently weekly release for leo (Mi Note Pro) or any other for that matter.

I currently have the 5.7.23 hotfix that I installed using adb and fastboot). This particular file is not getting auto installed by Mi Recovery 2.0.1 (the default that was originally on the device).

1. Is this a auto downloaded a xioami.eu rom? (I am guessing so by the release frequency)
2. If so and they are being auto downloaded why are they not getting installed? (the hash and file name not matching could be one reason?)

Thanks

Why don't you just download it from here. I never use autoupdater as I want to know what I install in my mobile.

Στάλθηκε από το MI NOTE Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk