[Q]Remove Miui torch app ?

™Windy

Members
Mar 15, 2012
I've used miui rom for a long time. In GB rom i can remove this app easily but in ICS rom for SGS2 I can't do this becos i don't find the app in system/app. Please help me becos i have a lot of problem with this app. (Sorry becos i'm Vietnamese and i'm not good at English);)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thank for your idea but it's not useful becos i can't find the app name. What the name of this app in system? Please tell me if you know.:D

Sorry becos i'm not good at English.

You mean the package name?

You could do

adb uninstall packagename

I just don't know the packagename of the app, and I don't have my phone plugged in to quickly check.

I still got this question.
We know how to uninstall it but we still don't know what torch package is named.
Pretty strange that we don't find it, even in Titanium.

Sorry but torch is part of MiuiSystemUI.apk... so if you want to remove torch you have to modify MiuiSystemUI.apk... hmmmmm... I still try to find the solution tho....

Reactions: NightShack0
its called Torch.apk and isn't part of MiuiSystemUI.apk

@Mark thanks for the clarification.. but i couldnt find torch.apk :( i did a search using root explorer and tried TB too

I've been trying to do this..but
Torch isn't an app, it's part of MiuiSystemUI.apk like fonfon said.

Here's:
<activity android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:label="@string/torch_activity_name" android:icon="@drawable/torch_activity_icon" android:name=".TorchActivity" android:taskAffinity="" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:screenOrientation="portrait">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>

That's part of AndroidManifest.xml from MiuiSystemUI.apk which include the Torch Activity (ACTIVITY not app) so you'd need to modify the androidmanifest, but that requires resigning the apk, and if you re-sign it, it will be incompatible with android.system...so it isn't easy to remove...

Reinject the apk and you dont need to resign.

What do you mean with "reinject"? If you mean just using the old META-INF from the apk, then it doesn't work because apparently meta-inf is tied to androidmanifest.xml so it (apparently) requires resigning.

I haven't looked much into it but I guess it would be easier that MIUI used a Torch.apk instead of putting it inside the systemui, idk how much they follow suggestions but it might be a better option.

You can re inject the original apk with the new manifest easily.

I think removing this will work:

Code:

I think removing this will work:

Code:

Yeah I know about that but changing AndroidManifest.xml requires resigning, META-INF/CERT.RF and MANIFEST.MF can be taken from the resigned apk but it will be incompatible with CERT.RSA which includes the "miui sign" registered at miui@xiaomi.com

NOPE, you can use 7zip / 7za to re insert it - i've done it with Launcher2 in the past on GB. Trust me :) it will work.

I hope that in the next version the problems will be fixed. It'd better when using tourch.apk and the user can remove easily.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I hope they make it a system app so that we can remove it if we want.
I got sh*tloads of problems with it. It turnes on by it self sometimes!

It's better with each patch but not close to solved yet.

I also have problems with it turning itself on. Would be awesome if we had the option to disable it. At least until this is fixed.

cheers

Regretful to see that after nearly 2 years this still hasn't been addressed. A simple "disable torch in lockscreen" could be added to system settings locksrcreen to solve this rather annoying issue.

For some adding a torch to lockscreen might sound like an awesome feature, but for some it is super annoying to have the torch turn on every time they wish to unlock their phone. It is a functionality / usability bug in that case... not a feature.