New QR Code Scanning not working

heythere123

Members
Apr 11, 2024
Device: Redmi Note 12

When I first updated to HyperOS I saw a QR code on a bin and however I tried to scan, it wouldn't recognise it. I thought maybe it's the QR code - also made sure to click the QR code button in camera to activate "searching for a QR code"?

Today I had to scan 2 QR codes and all of my peers had no issues whatsoever. My camera wouldn't pick it up no matter the angle, lighting, focus, QR mode... They were simple QR codes pointing to a URL.

Luckily I downloaded a android QR code reader app and it worked fine then. Why is the camera app QR reader so crap? The app works instantly. Would implementing a working QR code reader in the camera use too much processing power for my budget device that I need a whole app for it?

It is not very clear if you are using the Xiaomi.eu custom ROM. I don't think they modify the behaviour of the camera application.

It is not very clear if you are using the Xiaomi.eu custom ROM. I don't think they modify the behaviour of the camera application.
Is this forum for only custom ROMs? Lol ahh, this is official Xiaomi os issues, wrong place?