Question Redmi Note 3 Kate

1) turned off "find my device" option in MI Account
2) went to "developers options" -> "Mi Unlock Status" -> clicked "add mi account" or something like this (there is only one button there if the phone is locked), OEM Unlock option has to be turned on aswell.
3) rebooted to fastboot, used mi flash unlock tool (official one)
4) rebooted the phone and it's unlocked

screenshot attached

Attachments

• unlock.jpg
    unlock.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 787
  • unl2.jpg
    unl2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:
1) turned "find my device" option in MI Account
2) went to "developers options" -> "Mi Unlock Status" -> clicked "add mi account" or something like this (there is only one button there if the phone is locked), OEM Unlock option has to be turned on aswell.

screenshot attached
can you post here screenshot from About phone screen? are you sure, you got "kate" and not "kenzo"..? as you are only one who say "Unlocked it officially"

Reactions: B1gb1ng
hm.. ok thanks.. tried it already on mine kate and still cant unlock it... so seems you were lucky... lets wait for more users who successfully unlocked and installed TWRP.. then we may start with our ROM for kate...

Reactions: dekano
i guess you disabled find my phone option and then clicked the proper button in "mi unlock status" section in developer options to add your MI account (sometimes "network error" pops up, you have to try few times)?

so maybe it's not possible for every user yet (considering everyone tried it the same way i did) ? hopefully it will change sooner than later, can't wait for xiaomi.eu ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: deedend
I can't paste link here, sorry . Search the threads on original xiaomi forum, you will find it !

1) turned off "find my device" option in MI Account

screenshot attached

indeed, an in addition it worked for me but only with global dev 6.10.13

can you post links on the exact TWRP versions you use ? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-05-16-45-24-133_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-05-16-45-24-133_com.android.settings.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 611
can you post links on the exact TWRP versions you use ? Thanks.

hm.. ok thanks.. tried it already on mine kate and still cant unlock it... so seems you were lucky... lets wait for more users who successfully unlocked and installed TWRP.. then we may start with our ROM for kate...

I unlocked my "Kate" as well using the official method. Permission to unlock arrived within a few minutes after I applied for it.

I was on Global Dev 6.10.13. Had to turn on "OEM Unlock" in developer settings. (I also turned on "USB Debugging")

I installed ZCX TWRP through fastboot with the included .bat file (includes SuperSu 2.76. Updated to 2.78 in Play Store).

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/zcx-twrp-install-twrp-flash-supersu-t3462448)

I also ran the Mi Unlocker as administrator on my PC.

Last edited:
I unlocked my "Kate" as well using the official method. Permission to unlock arrived within a few minutes after I applied for it.

I was on Global Dev 6.10.13. Had to turn on "OEM Unlock" in developer settings. (I also turned on "USB Debugging")

I installed ZCX TWRP through fastboot with the included .bat file (includes SuperSu 2.76. Updated to 2.78 in Play Store).

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/zcx-twrp-install-twrp-flash-supersu-t3462448)

I also ran the Mi Unlocker as administrator on my PC.

Ahh ... I see ... ZCX TWRP also works with your Kate ...
It was a pleasure to help you ;) - even without feedback ... :(

Ahh ... I see ... ZCX TWRP also works with your Kate ...
It was a pleasure to help you ;) - even without feedback ... :(
I confirm zcx twrp works on kate and do not have data decrypt issue.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Michael_K
i guess you disabled find my phone option and then clicked the proper button in "mi unlock status" section in developer options to add your MI account (sometimes "network error" pops up, you have to try few times)?

so maybe it's not possible for every user yet (considering everyone tried it the same way i did) ? hopefully it will change sooner than later, can't wait for xiaomi.eu ROM.
I have tried a lot of times, I have followed all the steps (find my device DEACTIVATED, OEM unlock active and MIUI account verified and associated with the phone) but it return me always the "couldn't verify, wait a minute or two and try again" ; have I to continue to try or there is something that doesn't works? I'm on global 6.10.13|beta

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition "kate"

Is the phone in fastboot mode when you try to unlock? You can check for working fastboot with "fastboot devices" command.

MiFlash installs drivers and fastboot.exe to "C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiFlash\Source\ThirdParty\Google\Android".

Hello, background: there is an application Belinvestbank, it seems as it has an entrance on a print, but actually it is absent. The developer unsubscribes so: "This option becomes open only on the smartofonakh supporting work with the scanner. Redmi note 3 does not support the standard libraries Google for work with a fingerprint delivered with Android 6.0", but the Russian Sberbank works for an entrance on a print, an insertion on xiaomi.eu 6.11.3 body
Question that for an animal - "standard libraries Google" and whether our device supports them?
Thanks.

I've bought Kate a few weeks ago. Alltogether it could be a great phone. Fast enough, 2 days without charging with a lot of use and always online. I have niether problem with the fingerprints nor with camera focus. Both are OK for me. (current ROM: eu weekly 6.12.8)
BUT I also have the proximity issue which is more then annoying. It turns off the display, but do not turns it on when I take away the phone from my ear. So I cannot hangup the calls :). It's a shame. I've tried other roms, versions, proximity calibration, but nothing. Just the phone restart helps on a brighter place. If I restart it in dark, it remains wrong.
I think restarting a phone more time a day in 2016 is not acceptable :), but I have no other solution yet.