Questions for confirmation

Xevono1340

Members
May 27, 2021
Hello, I'm planning to flash EU Rom on my Redmi Note 8T for the first time and have some questions to ask for confirmation.
I've already installed the unlock tool and am currently waiting for the 7 days till I can unlock the bootloader. A guide I've been reading says I need to install ADB and Fastboot drivers, so is the .exe file linked below the only thing needed for both of those, and do I use portable or non portable?
(1) [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot [2-9-18] | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)

Second, the TWRP website says that the file is for both the note 8 and 8T yet the file only lists Ginkgo and not Willow. So it is safe to assume that the file will work for it as well?
Xiaomi Redmi note 8/8T (twrp.me)
Download twrp-3.5.2_9-0-ginkgo.img

In CMD, after entering (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img), do I type in
(fastboot boot recovery.img) or (fastboot reboot)?

Just to make sure I don't misunderstand anything, in TWRP, select Wipe and select Format Data and what do I do next?
Thanks

Hello there and welcome! :)

My preferred "ADB and Fastboot" tool, if you are on Windows, is this one => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693784074

The Official TWRP for Ginkgo can be installed on Willow, without issue. ;)

Use (fastboot boot recovery.img) after (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img), or you can also hold " Vol + " and " Power " buttons simultaneously until you see the TWRP's splash-screen.

In TWRP, you can first install ROM's version by Xiaomi.eu you want (latest one is recommended) and then select "Format Data" button in "Wipe" menu (type 'yes' to confirm) and reboot your device.

Last edited:
Reactions: geoorg
Thanks, I've seen other tutorials telling to format data first, so could that be done first? Also, out of curiosity, what is the difference between different ADB and Fastboot tool exe?

(XDA)
- In TWRP go to Wipe and select Format Data(don't go to advanced). Type yes and format data. [This process will format all your data so make sure your data is backed up]
- Go back to TWRP home and Reboot > Recovery.(Don't reboot system or else you will have to repeat whole process again).
- Done :)

"Format Data" can be done before or after, there is no difference. ;)

It's better to use an up-to-date tool, to install latest versions of ADB and Fastboot ".exe" files. :)

"Format Data" process if you want to format data before flashing the ROM:

1) In TWRP go to Wipe and select Format Data(don't go to advanced). Type 'yes' and format data
2) Go back to TWRP home and Reboot > Recovery
3) Put Xiaomi.eu ROM (zip file) in phone's storage and install it
4) Reboot your device
5) Done!

Reactions: geoorg
Can I put the EU rom zip into the phone/sd card beforehand or will the format data wipe it off? Thanks :)

Okay, extra question, do you know if EU rom removes the grey notification shade since it's what I currently have? If yes, will there be any issues if I install an earlier rom version? (12.0.3 Global to 12.0.1 or 12.0.2 EU)

While formating data, I'm experiencing an error with the message: Error opening /data/XXX (Operation not permitted) for most lines. Is there anything I did wrong?