Reading Messages

Breeze

Members
Sep 28, 2017
Just got my new 4 notex after using Moto x pure. On my old phone I used to be able to read messages - within a certain word count limit of course - on the drop-down menu without actually opening the messaging app (WhatsApp, etc), sometimes even on the lockscreen. Now I only receive notification of how many unread messages I have, without any information of who sent what and without any idea of the content.

Any way to get past this? It was a really useful feature on the Moto x pure. I'd really appreciate any and all feedback!!

Just got my new 4 notex after using Moto x pure. On my old phone I used to be able to read messages - within a certain word count limit of course - on the drop-down menu without actually opening the messaging app (WhatsApp, etc), sometimes even on the lockscreen. Now I only receive notification of how many unread messages I have, without any information of who sent what and without any idea of the content.

Any way to get past this? It was a really useful feature on the Moto x pure. I'd really appreciate any and all feedback!!
Two finger swipe down on the notification to expand it. If you mean reading the message from the notification area?

Reactions: lcj2720
Perfect!! Thank you so much :) is there a way to display messages on the lockscreen too?

Perfect!! Thank you so much :) is there a way to display messages on the lockscreen too?
You can edit each apps notification settings by long pressing the notification in notification panel or by going to Settings, Notifications and statusbar, App notifications. In there search foe the app and enable lockscreen notification.

Reactions: lcj2720