Real or Fake Xiaomi HongMi?

I bought my wife a Hongmi from a shop in Zhongguancun, Beijing. Then, since that turned out to be pretty good, I bought another one for myself. Mine didn't seem quite right. I checked, and yup, it was fake. Hers was real, mine was fake. Both were purchased from the same shop, about 2 weeks apart. So, since I've had my hands on both, I took pics and compared. Since I can't seem to attach the file, you can see it at my Tumblr, here:
http://ianfinnesey.tumblr.com/post/75372885875/i-bought-a-hongmi-then-i-bought-a-fake-hongmi

The visible differences are in the labels on the phone and on the battery, the shape of the battery, and the contacts for the power adapter (though that might just be a batch-to-batch difference...it's not exactly built to exacting tolerances).

The most obvious spec differences were:
ROM: 2g vs. 4g
GPU: Mali 400 vs. PowerVR SGX 544
Screen resolution: 960x540 vs 1280x720

Yes, I got my money back. The guy at the shop seemed as surprised as I was; I imagine he had a nice talk with his supplier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiltowait
Where did you buy it?
Zhongguancun, I can't for the life of me type the name of the store, since I don't know about 1/3 of the characters. It was shop B1016 in the basement of the second building away from exit A of the subway station.

Not to be too hard on them, I DID buy a real Hongmi there the first time.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg hi guys just wanted to check whether mine is real, would appreciate your help! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 383
Isn't the dpi supposed to be 320, and the processor mt6589? Not so sure about this though, sorry!

to end this question, you should install a new stable rom, and than run the cpuz

How should I go about doing that? I've tried using the method on another post on this forum but it wouldn't install.

Another way of finding out if the phone is a fake or not is to enter the security code, which is located behind the box, in the website.

There is a sticker with a scratch surface. Under it there is a 16 digit code. Enter this code to chaxun.xiaomi.com and it will tell you whether it is original or not.
Normally, the time you do that, the message wich will appear will tell you that the code is used for the first time OR

您所查询的防伪码已被查询过XXXX次 ---> Security code your query has been inquiries over XXXX times

On the site above, there is a field for the 16 digits and then a field where you have to do a math calculation (eg 5-4 and you have to write 1)

I cannot find 16 digits. Where can I find it, there are only IMEI , SN: and 13 digits on sticker.

What's about this? I order it from
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...MA-Quad-Core-Qualcomm-MSM8228/1890352955.html

I confirm with the seller before that I want Original Xiaomi Hongmi 1S Qualcomm MSM8228 with WCDMA version. The phone that I received is wrong version.It's TD-SCDMA version and cannot spport 3G in my country. I ask to return and get full refund from the seller but they still shirk me and still confirm that the phone that they sent to me is original and it's right version by show me the invoice that they bought from Xiaomi.com and impute me take another phone to show them and said the phone is their phone that sent to me. How can I do with this seller? How can I check that the invoice that the seller show me is real or not.

However, one thing that is real, the phone that I received, isn't same as description surely. The CPU is MTK 6582 1.3 GHz. This spec is made for china use only if it's original, isn't it? Please can help me prove about this.

Attachments

• IMG_20140707_145945.jpg
    IMG_20140707_145945.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20140707_195247.jpg
    IMG_20140707_195247.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 309
  • UT8PQm8XfFbXXagOFbXT.jpg
    UT8PQm8XfFbXXagOFbXT.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 316
All original Hongmis use MT6589 @ 1.5ghz, AFAIK. It's fake. What's the GPU? I'm betting it'll be Mali 400. Original should be PowerVR SGX 544. Check the screen resolution, too. Probably less than 1280x720.

Also, TD-SCDMA is China-only, for the most part.

All original Hongmis use MT6589 @ 1.5ghz, AFAIK. It's fake. What's the GPU? I'm betting it'll be Mali 400. Original should be PowerVR SGX 544. Check the screen resolution, too. Probably less than 1280x720.

Also, TD-SCDMA is China-only, for the most part.

Screenshot_2014-06-29-03-58-55.jpg
Screenshot_2014-06-29-03-59-07.jpg
Screenshot_2014-06-29-03-36-13.jpg

Fake. Screen resolution and renderer are wrong.

Christ, the fake I got scored way better than that.

Yes I think that it's fake but the seller still confirm strongly that it's original and they get it from Xiaomi shop. I still don't get full refund but now this store is frozen already.

Yes I think that it's fake but the seller still confirm strongly that it's original and they get it from Xiaomi shop. I still don't get full refund but now this store is frozen already.

He's a liar. If he'd got it from the Xiaomi shop it would not be fake, period. (It can be a pain in the ass to buy from them, though...probably due to scalpers.) If he was buying from other sources, they could be real or fake, and he might not know until it's too late. But he didn't claim that, did he?