Recomend The Best Rom Version For 3s Prime.

ximiki

Members
Oct 4, 2016
Which do you think is the best rom version available for download at the moment?

It should have the following:

least ammont of important bugs, specially connection and stability wise
be snappy and lag free
very good/best battery management

I rather have a good stable and fast system than extra gimmicks and features.

I have intenational version, so 6.9.29 is out of the question

Are the stable roms worth it over the developer ones?

for a phone being used in europe, are the xiaomi.eu roms better than the global ones?

Reactions: Berci
I am using 6.7.14 with several bugs:
  • Bluetooth always connects at maximum volume
  • Autostart on bluetooth connections do not work when telephone is suspended
  • Random reboots occur (very seldom)
Pro's
  • Battery time is excellent
  • GPS works very fast
  • Overall performance is smooth
I rate it about 7 out of 10.

thx for ur answer.

bluetooth issue doesnt seem very problematic, but remembering to to open the phone for the cars bluetooth seems annoying as the random reboots.

how much screen time are you getting with that rom?

6.9.29 seems promising, if it worked well with international version...

any other opinions?

thx for the input.

I cant post link, but you can find the eu stable versions links in the dev weekly posts, just a little bit under the dev rom links.

Simply install the stable 8.0.6 xiaomi.eu rom...
No bugs
Very good battery
Works on all models of 3s
Very very stable
I very much doubt the 'No bugs' claim. That's just because you haven't tested it enough.

Furthermore, am I really the only one that has taken the effort to put up an overview here in this topic? Tssk. Get off your lazy asses and post some information.

Im using Smiui 8, based on miui 8.0.5 EU, i didn't found a bug yet...battery about 7-8 hours.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3S mediante Tapatalk

My experiences: with 6.9.22, 6.9.15 etc. no big problems except the one, that mtm_otg sucks (battery drain, but with a restart it gets better).
With "stable" 8.0.5.0 and 8.0.6.0 only horrible Problems.
(1) TWRP started to stay black during flashing (yes, i did all the wipes, disable dm-verity ...), only by flashing a fastbootrom via Fastboot->Dowloadmode i could repair it. Then (and only then) flashing the "stable" works. With the betas no problem.

(2) after some installing some apps and debloating Miui Titanium Backup Force closes in an instant before i can get to settings or the appslist. Mixplorer force closes after selecting a file on the external sdcard as soon as i tap "copy".
The exact same Config on the betas now several months without any problem!
So there Xiaomi changed somthing with the access to the external that sucks heavily.

I very much doubt the 'No bugs' claim. That's just because you haven't tested it enough.

Furthermore, am I really the only one that has taken the effort to put up an overview here in this topic? Tssk. Get off your lazy asses and post some information.

I am using 8.0.6 and it's working very very fine.. and it's stable. Haven't found any bug yet.