Recommended to go on Global ROM for 13U?

gooeyman

Members
Jan 31, 2023
I just bought the 13U from China. what kind of bugs will I be expecting that the China ROM will not have?

Yes I moved from Chinese to EAA (European). No bags.
Global is one step behind with firmware version.
However going EAA have so much benefits. Go for it !

Positive:
-Android Car play (latest version is beautiful/high res)
-Stock apps is google (Message/Dialer)
-No delay with notification/lock screen all apps notification

Negative:
-Firmware is one generation behind.
-So much Google bloatware that you can't delete. (via ADB can)
-Themes app replacing original setting menu. (Example in settings>wallpaper> you will be redirected to theme app. Everything is there now)
-Google Pay (easy fix getting root)

EEA ROM Installation recommendation:
-Skip initial android setup in the beginning/offline. Get in to home screen first and than continue usual set up

Last edited:
Just curious why for this recommendation? ► Skip initial android setup in the beginning/offline

Also I noticed SMS OTPs not coming in the first time regardless of which provider it came from, and I have to trigger a resend to receive it. Do you know if this issue is specific to china ROM?

For the official EEA rom, Google Pay is not working. In some banking apps, they might not work as well.

For the official EEA rom, Google Pay is not working. In some banking apps, they might not work as well.
ouch - that's a dealbreaker for me. Is there an unofficial global ROM with proper working GPay and banking apps though?

where can I find a list of differences between EU & Global ROM? I read that the current EU ROM for 13U is still buggy?
EU rom based on CN rom than add in the Google services. Basically it's the most function rom available. Global rom is more simple and clean, without lots of CN rom functions as usual.

Current EU roms are ok. Mine work for few days and no issues