Record Tv Remotes With Ir Blaster

Gosta

Members
Mar 23, 2016
Hey there. Im posting this thread here since there is more than 1 Xiaomi device with IR blaster, so it could help more people.

I own a Mi4C and I want to control a TV which brand isn't listed on Mi Remote app or any other, so I decided to try AnyMote Universal Remote that I heard that it can record remotes. However, I got really surprised when I got the error message saying that "Your device does not support IR command learning because there is no recording hardware or the manufacturer has not made it available for us to use it. Please contact the manufacturer."

Which one is our case? Don't we have the hardware, or is Xiaomi - MIUI - blocking that feature? Is there any solution for this?

Try using Official Mi Remote.. and can you tell us which MIUI ROM your currently used?

I currently use Mi Remote for my Samsung TV and I have no problem with that, any problem neither testing AnyMote with that Samsung aswell, but this new TV is more an unkown brand. Mi Remote can't record new remotes, that's why I tried Anymote.

I'm currently using the last ROM available for Mi4C, 6.12.22.

Great app which has worked straight away with my TV and freesat box - no messing thanks for the tip. !

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Some of those kunft tvs look like rebranded VESTEL TVs, they're renamed Hitachi TV here sold by Argos or even Toshiba in some cases...

Some of those kunft tvs look like rebranded VESTEL TVs, they're renamed Hitachi TV here sold by Argos or even Toshiba in some cases...

WOW I had no clue about this!

- Mi Remote found a match with Hitachi, but a few buttons don't work as supposed to be.
- AnyMote found a match with Hitachi aswell and got better compatibility compared to Mi Remote, but I don't like the interface at all. But hey, it works!

Thank you all for the help, i would never solved this without you.

PS. Have any of you tried the "record remote" feature from AnyMote? I'm still a bit frustrated about this.

VESTEL shows up in irplus app mentioned earlier, the presets in there seem spot on with my TV and freesat...Even includes the ambilight controls for my Philips TV....