[RECOVERY][TWRP] TWRP 2.7.0.0 / 2.8.2.0 for mi2(s) supports TDB

Khaon

Members
Feb 24, 2014

9ryx8D9.png

Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

THE TWRP 2.8.2.0 IS A THE ORIGINAL RECOVERY, SO YOU WON'T FIND DUAL BOOT SUPPORT

Not working with 2.7.0.0 :
  • You can't migrate from ext4 to f2fs ( although there is a script on my folder doing so) ( with 2.7.0.0)
  • You can't access to the sys1 partition
Working with 2.7.0.0:
  • Formating either if partition are f2fs or ext4
  • Supports TDB.
  • and alll the other stuff of twrp 2.7.0.0
Key Features:

• Ability to save custom recovery settings
  • Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
  • XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
  • Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
  • Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
  • Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times.
You can boot on this recovery without installing the image !! Just do fastboot boot X.img
That way you can give yourself an opinion.
Instructions:

1. Boot into the bootloader
  2. fastboot flash recovery PATHTOYOURIMG.img ( linux users will have to use sudo)
  3. done

Change language:
By default the recovery is in Japanese, however, you can change the default language.

However you can change the language by following those steps

1. Click on advanced
  2. Click on Theme and language
  3. Choice English in the crap menu

[NOPARSE]XDA:DevDB Information[/NOPARSE]
TWRP 2.7.0.0 for Xiaomi mi2s, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi 2

Contributors
Khaon, TeamWin(for twrp), sndnvaps for his port

Version Information
Testing
Current Beta Version: first release
Beta Release Date: 2014-10-29

Created 2014-10-29
Last Updated 2014-11-01

Last edited:
Does anyone try?
Screenshot?

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-6w ( the "w" is for winter not for wonder)...with tapatalk 26°

Does anyone try?
Screenshot?

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-6w ( the "w" is for winter not for wonder)...with tapatalk 26°
Not tried this one but another from same source code and worked good except installing things on sys1 (system2). I should try but a think we must mount sys0 or sys1 in menus before being able to do that. Don't know how khaon's works..

ok

for raw it is the twrp source on the internet. I would like to upgrade it at least to 2.7.0.01 would be perfect

The link is working for , where could I uopload somewhere else then?

Last edited:
btw is anyone kno how to screenshot in a recovery , i could make screenshot or w/E

ok

for raw it is the twrp source on the internet. I would like to upgrade it at least to 2.7.0.01 would be perfect

The link is working for , where could I uopload somewhere else then?
Could u please upload it on google driver or Dev-Host?

forgot to mention that you can boot with fastboot onto the recovery so it allows you not to format your current

Indeed you cannt access but the /data partition it seems, however I always install zip through sideload and it is working, OP updated

What about an update to 2.8.1 version?
There are wonderful twrp themes, one is similar to miui6 style!!!
It would be sooo nice

Last edited:
Reactions: Mariosc
What about an update to 2.8.1 version?
There are wonderful twrp themes, one is similar to miui6 style!!!
It would be sooo nice

I think so.

Hi why the recovery doesnt mount when connecting to pc

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk