Redmi 2 Bricked. Won't Get Past Mi Logo. Can't Mount Cache/system/data

aranel42

Members
Jun 1, 2016
It seems as if my GF's Redmi 2 have been bricked. Before it started misbehaving it was on Xiaomi.eu 5.x.x.x (can't remember the exact version).
It won't get past the Mi logo when booting. I can get to fastboot and boot into TWRP, but can't seem to flash it premanently.
When in TWRP and trying to either flash a new Xiaomi.eu ROM, or wipe anything I always get these errors:
E:Unable to mount '/system'
E:Unable to mount '/cache'
E:Unable to mount '/data'

cache/system/data are all reported as 0MB in TWRP, so it seems as if all partitions are wiped?
I tried to follow a guide on XDA to flash each part of a fastboot ROM manually, but get a 'FAILED (remote: failed to write partition)' error on the first step (flashing gpt_both0.bin)
MiFlash gives the same error.

The Redmi 2 variant she has is HM2014813. Anyone that can help out, or give any pointers where to start?

Had a similar problem recently.

What i did was to:

1.boot into fastboot
2.download the miflash tool and the rom of your device from en.miui.com a-234
3.install the tool and then connect to phone.
4.select ROM directory (i even selected flash anything except storage and data, so that i wouldnt lose my files)
5.perform the flash.

then you should be able to install twrp and then any xiaomi.eu rom as you want.

Unfortunately I get the same error with MiFlash; '(0x80004005: FAILED (remote: failed to write partition))'

Had a similar problem recently.

What i did was to:

1.boot into fastboot
2.download the miflash tool and the rom of your device from en.miui.com a-234
3.install the tool and then connect to phone.
4.select ROM directory (i even selected flash anything except storage and data, so that i wouldnt lose my files)
5.perform the flash.

then you should be able to install twrp and then any xiaomi.eu rom as you want.
Hi, thanks for letting me know that I am doing something good and on my way to recovering an English ROM, preferably a global ROM. What I have now is MIUI 7.1 Stable 7.1.2.0 (KHJCNCK) and I flashed "anything except storage and data" however it looks like a clean install and have no Gapps. What do you think is the next step to get an English ROM with Gapps?
Noob here, and hoping to get my data back or at least a global ROM and Gapps. Can you please guide me? Thanks.

Hello aranel,

Where you ever able to revive your phone ?

I am facing the exact same problem. Am trying many things but unfortunatly the phone keeps saying "unable to mount" and also showing a zero size.

Hope you found the solution and can share it.