Redmi 4x Flash 6.0 Based Xiaomi.eu From 7.1.2 Based Custom Rom

vidavi

Members
Sep 29, 2016
My device is Redmi 4X (santoni), hope it's the rigt place to open this thread as I couldn't find a Redmi 4X specific section.
Has anyone tried to flash a 6.0 based xiaomi.eu rom over a Nougat based custom rom like Resurrection Remix or lineage OS or even latest MIUI 9 xiaomi.eu? I need to flash back MIUI stable and latest release of xiaomi.eu stable is still based on 6.0.
Can i just flash the rom in TWRP after wipe data/cache/dalvik or I will have problem with Nougat bootloader and such things?

I did, but no improvements for me.
I tried several roms.
Right now the miui9 from here is the best and stable.
Most important for me was the VoLTE, which was freezing my phone and is working good now.

I did, but no improvements for me.
I tried several roms.
Right now the miui9 from here is the best and stable.
Most important for me was the VoLTE, which was freezing my phone and is working good now.
Thank you for your answei, but I find the WiFi download speed for PlayStore apps so slow on latest Miui 9, it drops the speed so easily. Did you face the problem too? Maybe I should try to clean flash again? It's ok with latest miui 8 stable.

Thank you for your answei, but I find the WiFi download speed for PlayStore apps so slow on latest Miui 9, it drops the speed so easily. Did you face the problem too? Maybe I should try to clean flash again? It's ok with latest miui 8 stable.

I found out that Wifi and LTE were linked together.

What I did is next:
It's a bit risky, but don't panic. Just follow the sequence

Copy "xiaomi.eu_multi_HM4X_V8.2.18.0.MAMCNEA_v8-6.0" on a external SD card and put in your phone without any sim card
Delete eveything, also system and cust. etc etc.
Boot in fastboot, because TWRP will be lost too.
fastboot TWRP 3.1.1.0, and reboot in recovery
fastboot TWRP again and install "xiaomi.eu_multi_HM4X_V8.2.18.0.MAMCNEA_v8-6.0" from external SD card.
you will have to select the external card, because default is internal SD card
After this reboot and wait, may take 10 minutes, just be patient.
go throught the installation.
Once installation finshed, put 2 sim cards in the holder and slide in the phone.
Wait for finding networks

Once stable for like 15 minutes, go to update and do the OTA update.
Again patience .

With this I got my 4X working again in 7.12.

btw:
xiaomi.eu_multi_HM4X_V8.2.18.0.MAMCNEA_v8-6.0 was stable with 2 working sim cards.
So if you still have problems with MIUI9, stay on 8.2.18.0.

Good luck

Last edited: