Invalid Redmi 6, MIUI 10.4.3 Stable Bugs

papaki72

Members
Sep 20, 2019
Dear All,
Recently, I have received the MIUI 10.4.3 Stable update and it is quite buggy!
  • First of all, the animations aren't smooth as before (the last Android 8 ROM update).
  • The adaptive brightness is jerky. It hunts quite a bit before getting stable at a certain brightness and it is quite annoying.
  • When hiding the navigation buttons, the simple swipe up gesture does the same as the swipe up and hold with the X button at the lower part missing. On top of that, you cannot touch anywhere else than at the place where the X button should had been and inevitably close the app you were using.
  • Sometimes, touching anywhere in the screen does a swipe left action.
  • The automation of the Do not disturb from within the Wellbeing is not working. No rules are listed, it does nothing, simply does not work.
It is quite disappointing! I have it for less than 3 months with just the stock apps and almost nothing works as it should with that update. Needless to mention that the 10.4.3 update that brought Pie to my phone is quite crippled with almost all of the Pie's features removed or simply not working.

Sorry for being rampant about it, but that update simply broke the good impression Mi 6 did with the Android 8 on it.

All best.

Not the kind of issues we can just sniff out and fix. Too general, too complex, no hints by the system as to where to look for it.
As for "The automation of the Do not disturb from within the Wellbeing is not working." - the Digital Wellbeing app isn't pre-included in the ROMs for quite a while now, you probably installed it yourself from Play Store. To utilize all of the features of Wellbeing you'd have to make it a system app, else it doesn't have the required permissions.

By the way, your title says "Redmi 6"...

Reactions: papaki72
Not the kind of issues we can just sniff out and fix. Too general, too complex, no hints by the system as to where to look for it.
As for "The automation of the Do not disturb from within the Wellbeing is not working." - the Digital Wellbeing app isn't pre-included in the ROMs for quite a while now, you probably installed it yourself from Play Store. To utilize all of the features of Wellbeing you'd have to make it a system app, else it doesn't have the required permissions.

By the way, your title says "Redmi 6"...

First of all, I apologize for misunderstanding almost everything and apparently not posting correctly my findings for a ROM that came OTA to my phone.
It is a Redmi 6 and recently it has been updated OTA to the MIUI Global 10.4.3.0(PCGMIXM).
The Digital Wellbeing is a part of the settings for that rom and not a downloadable app from the store. It seems that it does not work as none of the options does what it is supposed to.
Anyway, that is another story for a ROM that I have received from Xiaomi OTA and not downloaded from here. I apologize again for upsetting everyone about this. I will go through the downloads of this community thoroughly and download the appropriate one for my phone.

Many thanks and best regards.