Redmi 6 pro - Mi A2 lite confusion

founder

Members
Aug 30, 2018
I decided Redmi 6 pro as the best choice for my younger daughters next smartphone. As I purchase usual on AliExpress,
I found first this offer Xiaomi Redmi 6 pro 64 GB

When I tried to find the global version, I had no success.
Instead, I found only Xiaomi Mi A2 lite

Where is the difference?
What I understand so far: The Redmi 6 pro has no band 20, no problem, I am from Austria and my provider "Drei" has no band 20.
There are differences between the global ROM and the Xianomi.EU ROM.

BTW, I discovered this forum only by the description on AliExpress:

3.Does it have "Play Store" and multi-language?
It's not global ROM. It's Chinese version. It's pre-installed Chinese ROM. It doesn't have multi-language and Google Play. But we can flash the customs ROM developed by Xiaomi.eu. It has multi-language and Google Play after flashing.

Hi,

Go with A2 lite (it is the global version of redmi 6 pro as I understand)

I got confused like you and bought redmi 6 pro which is china version and now I'm searching for global rom which I couldn't find.

I found eu version for redmi 6 pro but needs to unlock bootloader and saw many user reply that they brick their phone. I believe it is so risky.

wish you good luck,

Hi,

Go with A2 lite (it is the global version of redmi 6 pro as I understand)

I got confused like you and bought redmi 6 pro which is china version and now I'm searching for global rom which I couldn't find.

I found eu version for redmi 6 pro but needs to unlock bootloader and saw many user reply that they brick their phone. I believe it is so risky.

wish you good luck,

I would not flash it myself. The Mi Store on AliExpress offers:

It's not global ROM. It's Chinese version. It's pre-installed Chinese ROM. It doesn't have multi-language and Google Play. But we can flash the customs ROM developed by Xiaomi.eu. It has multi-language and Google Play after flashing.

you will get a fake rom with no security patches and who knows what else running in the background
Screenshot_2018-09-01-06-55-04-908_com.android.settings.png

had mine almost 2 weeks now, another 24 hours until i can unlock the bootloader

I would not flash it myself. The Mi Store on ********** offers:

I believe Mi A2 Lite has multi languages and google play
You may check gear best website item detailes shows 70 languages:
https://www.*******.com/cell-phones/pp_009482920417.html?wid=1349303

Attachments

• mi a2 lite.jpg
    mi a2 lite.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 624