REDMI 6A only:
it is impossible to install EU XIAOMI MUI 10 fom ZIP file in RECOVERY (TWRP 3.2.x) mode at present:
error 11 appeared, instllation of the MUI 10 8.8.X is FAILED for REDMI 6A.
Redmi 6A users can install MUI 10 ROM Chinese version or Chinese global vesrion 8.8.21 only,
not the files of EU XIAOMI site by the present date.
Reply to user dariolc18 : Check errors
Before the instllation of the new ROM in recovery mode or in fastboot mode,
the user requires to get the permission to unlock bootloader from xiaomi via Miflash_ unlock program (for all windows).
The process of the unblocking bootloader of XIAOMI REDMI is widely described in internet.
The time to get the XIAOMI premission takes
from 72 till 360 hours after the request of user via Miflash_ unlock program . It can not be done immediately.
After bootloder of your REDMI device is unlocked by XIAOMI, go to the installation of MUI the new .
METHOD 1 : in RECOVERY mode
1. Download the following files:-
- TWRP 3.2.X for the use of RECOVERY mode of your phone model in ZIP format
- MUI 10 ROM Chinese/global version 8.8.x or may be newer.
You can find ZIP file for your device, for example here: https://www.tricksfolks.com/download-miui-10-rom/
2. Install TWRP for the use of RECOVERY mode in your REDMI device .
3. Copy MUI 10 ROM ZIP file to your SD CARD - to root folder "/" ; do not unzip.
4. Reboot in RECOVERY MODE , using pushed VOLUME-UP+POWER simultaneously
5. Go to MOUNT section of RECOVERY. Mount SD card in RECOVERY mode. It will allow to see the content of SD CARD
6. Go to ADDITION section -> FILE Manager.
Find External SD card folder or SD card in storage folder. Locate / or check MUI ROM (ZIP file) is in root folder "/" of SD card.
7. go to CLEAN section.
DELETE / format
- DATA - this command will delete all settings, saved numbres, contacts, photo, video, previously installed programmes.
7. Click on installed MUI 10 ZIP file in yur SD CARD. The installation will be commenced.
8. If no error in result of the installation, REBOOT the device to SYSTEM mode.
If the installation failed or the installation is completed with any error, SWITCH OFF the phone.
than you need
- to find the other MUI for your device and
- to repeat all above steps.
in order to "unbrick" your devices.
METHOD 2 : in FASTBOOT mode.
9. The other solution to "unbrick" XIAOMI is
- to download MUI 9.6.X version for installation in FASTBOOT mode; such files are not in ZIP, but in TGZ / or TAR format.
- to download MI flash program for windows,
The installation via MI flash has to be performd in FASTBOOT mode.
To get FATBOOT mode, push buttons POWER+VOLUME-DOWN simultaneously and wait for the screen "fastboot".
11. You need to install MUI 9.6.X version for your REDMI using MI flash program, avalable for all OS Windows.10.
For the installation in fastboot mode, MUI ROM 9.6.x file has to be unzipped to a separte directory , for example, c:\rom_9.6
The installation has to be with option "CLEAN ALL", not "block after the installation" in Mi Flash program options.
If you installed ROM with "block after the installation" option erroniously,
use Miflash_ unlock program to unblock bootloader again. It will take 5 minutes.
The description of the Redmi flashing via MI flash program is widely availabale in internet.
It can take 30-40 minutes to learn "how to flash" via MI flash windows program for the fresh student.
Search Mi flash version after July 25, 2018.
Thanks for the answer, my problem wasn't how to perform the installation of the new ROM, I know how it works.
My actual problem is the fact that a lot of people bricks their redmi 6 pro while installing the new ROM just because the antirollback feature just introduced.
Apparently if you install now a ROM that results in terms of security algorithm older than the actual one, the device get bricked permanently (to unbrick it one has to contact some operator of en.miui communicating the ID number and get the permission from them to reflash a working ROM, cause the brick does not even permit you to go in FASTBOOT MODE and to RECOVERY and so it will be impossibile to install another ROM again).
Hope I have been clear, let me know if not.
Try to read also the thread that I have mentioned before: