Redmi K20 Pro to Mi 9T Pro conversion patch (Miui 11)

For me it changed the boot logo, but the boot animation and model name are still k20 pro.

EDIT: Never mind, I have flashed the wrong zip.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Hello,

yesterday I installed a Mi 9T Pro with the current ROM 11.0.8 and after installation I applied the K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro patch. Since then I cannot open the camera settings anymore. We haven't changed to any custom theme. The app crashes every time with the following error message:

Hello,

yesterday I installed a Mi 9T Pro with the current ROM 11.0.8 and after installation I applied the K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro patch. Since then I cannot open the camera settings anymore. We haven't changed to any custom theme. The app crashes every time with the following error message:

View attachment 28998
You will need to clear all app data for "Camera" app, then flash your current ROM again (11.0.8.0 Stable) via TWRP.
Finally, you can try my conversion patch:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...omi-mi-9t-pro-conversion-patch-miui-11.55159/
:)

EDIT: Please feedback if it's working, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: IceDemon
Thanks.
If I have Codered's patch installed on MIUI v11.0.5 Stable, and I am going to install v11.0.8 then I have to use the Safe version, correct?

Thanks.
If I have Codered's patch installed on MIUI v11.0.5 Stable, and I am going to install v11.0.8 then I have to use the Safe version, correct?
You can use "Actual" version, it has April, 2020 security patch date info and 11.0.8.0 Stable ROM has March, 2020.
(It's OK if "Actual" patch date >= ROM security patch date info)
:)

EDIT: To know the ROM security patch date for China Stable ROM, check this website (Expand changelog) => https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/raphael/

;)

Last edited:
But if I use Actual once then I can never use Safe thereafter (eg in case a future ROM release). I have to wait for the new Actual version. Is it true?
Why is fingerprint important? As I see this is the difference between Actual and Safe versions.

But if I use Actual once then I can never use Safe thereafter (eg in case a future ROM release). I have to wait for the new Actual version. Is it true?
Why is fingerprint important? As I see this is the difference between Actual and Safe versions.
If new Stable ROM get May, 2020 security patch date info ---> "Actual" patch (v20.4.x) will not work but you can use "Safe" patch without issue. ;)

To simplify: If "Actual" patch doesn't work, "Safe" patch will always work. (After re-flashing the new ROM if you flashed the non-working "Actual" version)

"Actual" version target weekly ROM because they have an old fingerprint build and security patch date info.

Last edited:
Reactions: kisjuhos
If new Stable ROM get May, 2020 security patch date info ---> "Actual" patch (v20.4.x) will not work but you can use "Safe" patch without issue. ;)

To simplify: If "Actual" patch doesn't work, "Safe" patch will always work. (After re-flashing the new ROM if you flashed the non-working "Actual" version)

"Actual" version target weekly ROM because they have an old fingerprint build and security patch date info.
So on Stable I can usually use Actual.
Could you try merging this two versions to one with checking details in installed ROM? It would be very handy and eliminate many confusions. When you have time :)

• Love
Reactions: Poney70
So on Stable I can usually use Actual.
Could you try merging this two versions to one with checking details in installed ROM? It would be very handy and eliminate many confusions. When you have time :)
Very nice idea. I will do that. ;)

Reactions: kisjuhos
Btw, what advantage does it give to change fingerprint build & security patch date info other than xiaomi.eu team has given with their ROM?
If this patch does not actually install a new security patch but changes the info to a fake one then the users will think their security patch is up to date but it is not the case actually.

Btw, what advantage does it give to change fingerprint build & security patch date info other than xiaomi.eu team has given with their ROM?
If this patch does not actually install a new security patch but changes the info to a fake one then the users will think their security patch is up to date but it is not the case actually.
I think this patch is not for the security patch but it's fir ths boot logo/camera watermark/and device name

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

I had the Codered universal version installed, and it works fine. However, I think the conversion patch is no longer needed now, as the xiaomi.eu has finally corrected the stuff themselves. I tried now to install 20.6.11, and indeed it starts up with the Mi logo instead of the Redmi logo. HOWEVER, it then reboots into TWRP instead of into the system. I think it is a problem of encryption. Only after I install the patch again I can boot into the system proper.
The question is now: How can I get rid of this dependence? If I don't need the patch anymore, I don't want to use it. How can I revert the patch before (or after, I don't mind) updating the system to 20.6.11, so that it the phone boots into system rather than back into TWRP?

I had the Codered universal version installed, and it works fine. However, I think the conversion patch is no longer needed now, as the xiaomi.eu has finally corrected the stuff themselves. I tried now to install 20.6.11, and indeed it starts up with the Mi logo instead of the Redmi logo. HOWEVER, it then reboots into TWRP instead of into the system. I think it is a problem of encryption. Only after I install the patch again I can boot into the system proper.
The question is now: How can I get rid of this dependence? If I don't need the patch anymore, I don't want to use it. How can I revert the patch before (or after, I don't mind) updating the system to 20.6.11, so that it the phone boots into system rather than back into TWRP?
Hello and thanks for using my "Universal" conversion patch. :)

You can't get ride of this "dependence" (except "Format Data" in TWRP and so do a clean ROM install) until xiaomi.eu dev use an updated fingerprint build & security patch date infos. ;)

N.B.: Better write on my thread next time ^^ => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/redmi-k20-pro-to-mi-9t-pro-conversion-patch-miui-11-12.55159/

Last edited: