Redmi K50 Ultra rom support

SterlingOaks

Members
Aug 22, 2022
Dear Xiaomi.EU Administrators
K50U looks like a decent 8+gen1 phone with good value. The only thing is that it has a customized 1220p display resolution. Would you guys consider adding it to your list? It should have a much larger user base than K50G.
Thanks!

We should have no issues with supporting Redmi K50 Ultra.
My specification of "resolution" was a bit inaccurate, but served its purpose since all the devices we support as of now have some variation of either 1080p or 1440p resolution.
Now we have this weird resolution, so I adjusted condition #1 and #4 to make it more clear that we only support standard phones (not foldables or tablets) of 1080p resolution or higher:

I'm ordering one today too Redmi k50 ultra 12/512 China waiting for the rom Xiaomi.eu ^^D
You'll have to wait until the Global model (expected to be Xiaomi 12T Pro) is released, because the ROM would have to support both models, and the Global model is expected to have a different main camera.

I found that xiaomi.eu_multi_INGRES_V13.0.6.0.SLJCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip was released on 3/30, way before poco f4 gt global release date 4/26. How was that possible? I'm new here, so probably missing a lot of info.
Why wouldn't it be possible? POCO F4 GT was just a rebranded Redmi K50G and was expected to have the same camera setup, so we didn't have to wait for a Global ROM to fetch any extra camera sensor blobs. If Xiaomi 12T Pro gets a different camera, as expected, then releasing our ROM for Redmi K50 Ultra before a Global ROM is available would mean that our ROMs won't be compatible with it. And in any case, we don't start releasing ROMs so soon after a device is released.

Why wouldn't it be possible? POCO F4 GT was just a rebranded Redmi K50G and was expected to have the same camera setup, so we didn't have to wait for a Global ROM to fetch any extra camera sensor blobs. If Xiaomi 12T Pro gets a different camera, as expected, then releasing our ROM for Redmi K50 Ultra before a Global ROM is available would mean that our ROMs won't be compatible with it. And in any case, we don't start releasing ROMs so soon after a device is released.
Got it. So those two were exactly the same. But for K50U you will have to wait for the global rom to be released first. Thanks!

Just received my K50U today. As expected, a good value ok phone. Wasn't sure about the screen lottery (Huaxing / Tianma), but it turns out to be ok. Color / brightness are quite uniform and 1220p is actually as good as 1440p to my eyes (was using a 1440p K50 pro).

New to the forum :)
12T pro has announced yesterday with different camera setup.
Looking forward to see the eu rom coming to K50 Ultra.

Even 12t pro and k50 ultra have a different camera, will k50 ultra have a global rom?

Also, there is a k50 ultra with 500Gb but 12t Pro max storage is 256Gb. If I get the 500Gb version would it have a global ROM as well?

Last edited:
Even 12t pro and k50 ultra have a different camera, will k50 ultra have a global rom?

Also, there is a k50 ultra with 500Gb but 12t Pro max storage is 256Gb. If I get the 500Gb version would it have a global ROM as well?
This is a custom ROM forum. Only Xiaomi itself can answer your question wether they will release a global ROM for this device. So you should ask in offcial Xiaomi forum.

This is a custom ROM forum. Only Xiaomi itself can answer your question wether they will release a global ROM for this device. So you should ask in offcial Xiaomi forum.
And is there a custom ROM for k50 ultra? I just want to have Google apps and maybe change language to Spanish but this is really not an issue as I can have it in English

If I may ask does anyone even have a vague idea of when the Xiaomi.eu ROM for the K50 Ultra could be released? I absolutely do not want to bother anyone was to understand if more or less we will have to wait a week rather than a month (I understand that it takes time given the fact that the 12T Pro has a different camera setup)

If I may ask does anyone even have a vague idea of when the Xiaomi.eu ROM for the K50 Ultra could be released? I absolutely do not want to bother anyone was to understand if more or less we will have to wait a week rather than a month (I understand that it takes time given the fact that the 12T Pro has a different camera setup)
Before any official forum confirmation, I guess the answer is either you risk flashing the 12T pro firmware into your k50u given both are identical in hardware (except for back camera which may not be an issue), or you learn Chinese and install Google Support on K50U's Chinese MIUI (which is ****** in supporting Google). Or, just sell your cheaper Chinese K50u which you've bought from China and buy locally the more expensive overseas K50u with "slightly better camera", aka 12T Pro.

It's your choice.

Last edited:
Dear lead developer,

Given now the 12T Pro has been announced and hardware specs are as expected as being identical to k50U except a higher resolution camera, can we expect a Global/EEA rom support for K50 ultra coming soon? Or, can we simply flash the 12T Pro firmware onto K50 ultra as a "shortcut"?

On a separate note, Mifirm.net has released EEA and Global firmware for 12T (non pro). I assume 12T pro will have a different firmware given the chipsets are different?

Thank you!

Given now the 12T Pro has been announced and hardware specs are as expected as being identical to k50U except a higher resolution camera, can we expect a Global/EEA rom support for K50 ultra coming soon? Or, can we simply flash the 12T Pro firmware onto K50 ultra as a "shortcut"?
Our ROM is expected to be based on China ROM for both K50 Ultra and 12T Pro, obviously modded to support both. As for whether it's "soon" or not, can't comment on ETA questions. Myself is busy unpacking and don't have proper internet at my new place yet, so progress is frozen until I get internet set up.

On a separate note, Mifirm.net has released EEA and Global firmware for 12T (non pro). I assume 12T pro will have a different firmware given the chipsets are different?
12T is a MediaTek based device, so can't comment whether/when it will be supported, but you are welcome to show support for our Dimensity initiative on Petreon.

Our ROM is expected to be based on China ROM for both K50 Ultra and 12T Pro, obviously modded to support both. As for whether it's "soon" or not, can't comment on ETA questions. Myself is busy unpacking and don't have proper internet at my new place yet, so progress is frozen until I get internet set up.
Thank you for the confirmation. I like others, am considering buying K50 ultra instead of 12T pro given the price tag and almost identical specs. But living outside of Mainland China means a smooth support of Google is a must, hence global rom is very appreciated.

I understand it'll be too much to ask for something total free to be done quickly and swiftly. But we do look forward to see the customised rom to be released sooner than later.
12T is a MediaTek based device, so can't comment whether/when it will be supported, but you are welcome to show support for our Dimensity initiative on Petreon.
I would certainly considering it if I'd bought K50 which is MediTek based. Frankly speaking, I think K50 is even more worth the money than K50 ultra which basically sets the lowest benchmark price tag for 8+ Gen 1.

I just received my Redmi k50 ultra and now I just hope I can use miui eu successfully even though I don't know how to use fastboot to change to miui eu version, but i think i can learn when the rom release.

I downloaded the recovery version: miui_DITINGEEAGlobal_V13.0.9.0.SLFEUXM_cf0ab4f07a_12.0.zip
My K50 ultra still it's in customs, this is the correct file?