New Redmi Note 2 Earpiece Problem

Liviu Rosca

Members
Jun 24, 2016
I use last MIUI V8 beta. I flashed last night over the first (last week) V8 beta. The volume when in a conversation is to low. I also test earpiece in the CIT diagnostic app. With first beta calling works perfectly. Now it's almost impossible to hear what other people says to me, even in quiet places. I need to use speaker but it's not good for street or something.

Miui v8 it's soo good, i don't want to downgrade to last V7 beta. :( I hope you will release a patch verry soon. I need to use my phone.

For other details about that problem i will cooperate to be resolved in shortest time possible. Thanks for all, great xiaomi.eu team. Sorry for my bad English.

Same problem. It's not only quiet the quality is also very poor! The boot problem seams to be solved in 6.6.23.
Liviu you're right V8 it's so good . For me it's a big chance in WiFi and battery use.

So hope that next week rom will solve the voice problem.

Thanks a lot. I think i restore backup with last V7 stable and i return to V8 when first stable version will be launched.

I don't resist to use speaker only until next Friday when new beta will be launched.

It's possible to dirty flash / downgrade to first beta? I don't want to lose all settings and maybe apps.
Thanks.

Reactions: Stefano131270
Volume en quality not fixed with this weeks update. I changed volume settings in engineer mode. (calling *#*#3646633#*#*) Volume is better but quality is still very poor.

Yep. I confirm that. I entered here to download last stable v7. I will do a clean install for last v8 beta and if that don't work i will flash last v7.

I will return to v8 when first stable version will be lounch. For 1 week i speak with speaker on, many eye's on me on the street. :))

I'm very unhappy. I clean install last V7 stable, same earpiece poor volume/quality. Now i run CyanogenMod 12.1 and same result. Volume is still very low and quality it's poor.

Can be the earpiece hardware damaged? A big voltage applied? It's not dust or small metal parts attracted by earpiece magnet, i'm not afraid to open the phone to look inside and clean something but i don't want to brake the warranty sticker.

I'm pretty sure that it's not dust. With dust volume get low in time not in 1 day. I hope my earpiece it's not damaged...

I already flashed 3 roms today. I will search old trusty Nokia 1112 and i will use as speaking phone...

@jurgen, can you tell me what exactly changed in engineering mode? Thanks in advance.

i used these values.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Bud quality is still very poor. I hope you're not wright that our speaker is damaged. Strange that there are not more people with our problem.

I opened mine but when i put out the earpice, the part with the magnet came out and the part with speaker membrane remain on the glass panel. I will search for a compatible replacement at local gsm services and if i don't find any i will buy from China.

I take the damaged earpiece to a local gsm repair center. The earpiece it's the same as Nokia 206. I buy the new one for 3 euro's. The sound it's very loud now, i'm not exagerate. The back of the phone vibrate from the new earpiece.

Today i received the speaker. I replaced the speaker and problem is fixed. Liviu i think we just had bad luck and Stefano thx for trying to help.

Reactions: Liviu Rosca
Yup, bad luck. But what caused the earpice damage? Before update my earpiece volume was loud and clear without any distortions. A sound interference or a bad and loud signal must be reach the speaker. A high voltage peak or something. Like cheap audio sistems when you power up, you hear a low sound.

At least everything it's good now and i don't need to wait 3 hours in line at Romanian Post for a 3 dollar earpiece after a 3 weeks shipping time. :)