Invalid [Redmi Note 5 AI, 9.5.23] Loudness automatically decreases

Kugumin

Members
Jun 21, 2018
So, report title speaks for itself. I'll explain more clearly now by steps

1. I edit mixer_paths.xml to get louder sound with headphones by changing RX1 and RX2 values for headphones-ce.

2. Changing them to 84

3. Saving mixer_paths.xml with new values.
4. Rebooting phone and yes, headphones are louder now.

But there's one problem. And looks like it depends on device for some reason. At least on other devices like Redmi Note 4X (Mido) this problem never happened after any amount time. So, after some time (my range for that bug is from 5 to 36 hours before it happens) loudness decreases on it's own. Loudness becomes lower, like with 72 value, but mixer_paths.xml file still has 84 value. Only reboot fixes it and after some time it happens again and I have to reboot again.

Furthermore, If I replace edited file with Magisk module same will happen.

I had thought why it happens. I think it COULD be related to Regions, but I tried to get them on EU ROM back. It did not helped to solve problem.

Also I may say that it happens on every EU ROM since I got my Whyred. I wish EU team will investigate the problem and fix it. Thanks!

You reported a bug something that is not even a feature in the ROM. It's your own modification. We can't support what every user does with their ROMs.