[Redmi Note 8] Unlock the bootloader while bricked

Lewing

Members
Jun 13, 2021
I was using my phone normally yesterday (Saturday) 12/06, I left it charging and when I looked at it again, it was restarting non-stop. It's a Redmi Note 8, I held the power button, but it wouldn't turn on, it just went back to the bootloader screen, I didn't try to format it as I'm trying to recover my files. So I thought about unlocking the bootloader to have access to my files, I used Mi Unlock Tool, but it doesn't work because it asks me to add my account to the device (It was already added before this happened). I still have access to my account phone number, and email. But I couldn't unlock by this fastboot method, so I tried using the "fastboot oem unlock" command, which didn't work either, it showed these two messages.

'Fastboot boot command is not available in locked device'
FAILED (remote: 'Token Verify Failed, Reboot the device')
fastboot: error: Command failed

The versions of MiFlash Unlock I used were
"miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.55" and "miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.24".

The device is not recognized by the "Mi PC Suite".
The device still appears in fastboot devices, but not in adb devices

Attachments

• mipcsuite.png
    mipcsuite.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 441
  • unlock24.png
    unlock24.png
    19 KB · Views: 453
  • unlock55.png
    unlock55.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 570
  • tokenverify.png
    tokenverify.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 470
.... So I thought about unlocking the bootloader to have access to my files....

Strange behaviour... Do you know which ROM version you were on?

It could be an idea to Fastboot-Flash your current ROM again, without selecting the data wipe command.

Unlocking the device to access your data will not work because unlocking will result in a data format anyway....

Gesendet von meinem M2102K1C mit Tapatalk

Strange behaviour... Do you know which ROM version you were on?

It could be an idea to Fastboot-Flash your current ROM again, without selecting the data wipe command.

Unlocking the device to access your data will not work because unlocking will result in a data format anyway....

Gesendet von meinem M2102K1C mit Tapatalk

I don't know the version of the rom... Is there any way to check this?

About the unlock and format, i have read in some places a way not to delete the files even when unlocking, so I decided to try

When using "MiFlash Pro", I managed to reach 100% (?), but the device resets, gets stuck in the MIUI screen for 2 minutes and then resets again to the bootloader screen. I was flashing the same ROM i was using, the "V12.0.4.0.QCOMIXM".

Video flashing the ROM