Redmi3 Xiaomi.eu Multilanguage Rom

LostToApathy

Members
Jan 17, 2016
Hi everyone,
Anybody knows if there's any "official" word/confirmation if there will be a xiaomi.eu multilanguage rom for redmi 3, once developer rom becomes available on en.miui.com?
I ask because I'd much rather use a xiaomi.eu multilanguage rom rather than any of those frankenbuild solutions that have come up so far, which require tricky and complicated install procedures, but I've seen not all miui devices are getting xiaomi.eu roms even if developer rom is available (for instance there's no MiPad 2 rom).
I think Redmi 3 will be a pretty popular phone due to decent specs and good price, so I really hope a xiaomi.eu rom will come quick...

I guess it is not a question that Redmi 3 will get a xiaomi.eu multilanguage rom sooner or later, it will be quite a mainstream model.

You can use developer rom to unlock bootloader, provided the unlock tool supports RedMi3, which i'm not sure it does yet.

You can use developer rom to unlock bootloader, provided the unlock tool supports RedMi3, which i'm not sure it does yet.
And what do I get by unlocking the bootloader? I can't install any custom ROM because there isn't any available.
But let's hope that it will be available once the Redmi 3 becomes supported by the unlock tool.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Well, once the bootloader is indeed unlockable i'm pretty sure a xiaomi.eu multilanguage rom will follow pretty soon. Not to mention the chance to flash custom recovery, making it easier to flash any non-signed package for whatever purpose.

Reactions: qbert
Yes please... rom from eu will be the best
I use it for Mi4c and Redmi Note 2 and I love it
I hope there will be one available soon, when I get my new Redmi 3 :)

Reactions: tweetypeety
But, in the link the name is HM3 (miui_HM3_***) which probably mean HongMi3 (the Chinese name for the Redmi 3) and the file is located on the official miui.com web so it could be something. I just don't want to be the first to try it :D

That update has probably been not officially released for some reason (maybe bugs still needs to be fixed?), but since it's up (and as @k31k0 says it's on the official repository), I think we'll see a first public official developer release this friday with the next batch of weekly updates, hopefully!
Once that happens, it shouldn't take long to port TWRP and multilanguage xiaomi.eu rom to the RedMi3, i think!
Fingers crossed!
While this (beta?) rom looks tempting there's really no point in trying this now with uncertain results, since an official update is probably gonna come out this friday along all the others. If it doesn't, then we'll see :)

Reactions: Kayl88
That update has probably been not officially released for some reason (maybe bugs still needs to be fixed?), but since it's up (and as @k31k0 says it's on the official repository), I think we'll see a first public official developer release this friday with the next batch of weekly updates, hopefully!
Once that happens, it shouldn't take long to port TWRP and multilanguage xiaomi.eu rom to the RedMi3, i think!
Fingers crossed!
While this (beta?) rom looks tempting there's really no point in trying this now with uncertain results, since an official update is probably gonna come out this friday along all the others. If it doesn't, then we'll see :)

i think it so too.. i havew read "wait 3 march"

but i think is interesting post ;)