Requesting Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM for Mi2S Pls

manohar

Members
Jun 6, 2013
Hi folks, can any developer post a simple & customised android 4.2.2 ROM for Mi2S pls... there are threads which explains in detail about DIY guide to patch or alter things in a nice way. but everybody cant follow those technical terms..

Hence i request any developers on others behalf that pls cook a customizable ROM for us based on 4.2.2 version Android pls...

Its a request.. so pls be kind on me... if it is wrong to ask about this here, you can delete this post. As there are few CM 10 custom ROMs available, & it is not that appealing as MIUI. hence i am requesting a MIUI version of 4.2.2 pls..

hope my request will be fulfilled soon... thanks in advance...

There can't be MIUI 4.2 as only Xiaomi has the sources. Just wait till Mi3 will be revealed and soon after that Mi2 should get also MIUI 4.2.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

yeah... even i thought the same... but even then without kernel open sourcing, how can we expect custom ROMs ?
just curious to know when the latest version gets released !

yeah... even i thought the same... but even then without kernel open sourcing, how can we expect custom ROMs ?
just curious to know when the latest version gets released !
We have custom roms already - with prebuilt kernels :)

I got this device because I never want to run a custom ROM again.

Exactly opposite reason for me: I bought this phone to learn hacking and development :)

I got this device because I never want to run a custom ROM again.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

What ? Do you think MIUI is OEM build ? may be you should visit this forum often i guess.
Come here every friday to get a new build based on customer's requests & essential security bug fixes !!!
I think it as customisation, unlike you !

We have custom roms already - with prebuilt kernels :)

i asked for the perfect daily usable build like MIUI bro... not the testing ROM. it is not useful for people like me.
what is the problem in cooking 4.2.2 version android on MIUI ? when all other phones are enjoying the latest version ? i even heard that SGS3 is running v4.3 ? !!! , why not MIUI which is the most customised ROM in the Universe with weekly ROM updates & humongous developers Team ... i am sorry Cyanogen Team though !!!

Why not v4.3 for Xiaomi Mi2S ??? when we have a guide on how to do it youself for porting to latest version, why we dont have a testing or working ROM for Mi2S atleast ? pls give us some good news.... any developer can pls give us the cooked basic ROM pls... I dont understand all those technical details of DIY guide on porting....

Its a request pls...[/quote]

And if you want stability, why do you need so desperately an unofficial ROM with latest Android version?

And again, we don't have kernel sources = no stable ROM apart from the ones provided by Xiaomi.

Now that Xiaomi provided 4.2.2 source for Xiaomi, except kernel, there's a little race. Will they provde kernel sources before M1cha gets an open source kernel by reverse engineering? :D

And if you want stability, why do you need so desperately an unofficial ROM with latest Android version?

And again, we don't have kernel sources = no stable ROM apart from the ones provided by Xiaomi.

Now that Xiaomi provided 4.2.2 source for Xiaomi, except kernel, there's a little race. Will they provde kernel sources before M1cha gets an open source kernel by reverse engineering? :D

Once they publish sources I'll do a rewrite - it's better believe me :D

Reactions: deini
What do you mean by "I'm working together with them"? Xiaomi engineers are helping you with your kernel?
Is it a fact that they are going to release the kernel source?

Android 4.3.. lol... Ok give me 5 minutes I will cook it in free time ;)
Only 2 devices got 4.3 so far but hey... MI2 must be next...

Why do you need Android 4.3 on your MI2? What feature of 4.2 or 4.3 you need in MI2? Can you name it?
MIUI is already a hell customized rom that Android base version doesnt really matter anymore.

hehe I totally agree about 4.3. Let's have 4.2 first!

btw, main feature I'm missing from 4.2 is the ability to add widgets to the lock screen with notifications.
The current MIUI lockscreen is not opened for configuration.

Android 4.3.. lol... Ok give me 5 minutes I will cook it in free time ;)
Only 2 devices got 4.3 so far but hey... MI2 must be next...

Why do you need Android 4.3 on your MI2? What feature of 4.2 or 4.3 you need in MI2? Can you name it?
MIUI is already a hell customized rom that Android base version doesnt really matter anymore.

Much people don't like MIUI :)

*some.

Not "much".

I'm tired of roms that look the same ugly, grey aosp. And I don't even mention much better functionality than other Android roms.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

*some.

Not "much".

I'm tired of roms that look the same ugly, grey aosp. And I don't even mention much better functionality than other Android roms.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2
Also miui can be boring... as m1cha said, it dipends. I really love the look of stock android and the modification that the PA team have done.

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: M1cha
hmm... i thought the latest version the better features & better improvements... i dont know much about it. i am a noob,
can you explain me then why google is releasing 4.3 then if there is not much improvement to be done from current version of android ?
I am just curious... i always thought the latest the better... but here many have different opinions.... oops. may i get the simple & the best explanation pls ?

Nope I'm working together with them a little bit. But once they publish sources I'll do a rewrite - it's better believe me :D
I believe you can,but for all I know xiaomi no plan to open the kernels. So what you plan is ?Can you open you plan for us ,please ?

Why would anyone want to run something like paranoid android on this device? You'd lose so many features. My other device is a galaxy nexus, and none of the aosp Roms offer the features of this one.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

I'm using AOSP which has even less features than CM and I don't miss anything. Which features of MIUI are you talking about?
And I don't care about installing apps to get features because in my opinion things don't need to be implemented by default.

"please wait" from 6 days ago, is all we got. Not very reassuring. And who is this ivan19871002 anyway? who said he has this information? He may be just a junior engineer in Xiaomi...

I can confirm it I know Ivan

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That doesn't matter... What matters is if he's qualified to give information about releasing the kernel source. I didn't say he's not a real person. I just said he might be just a junior engineer in Xiaomi, and as such doesn't really know or decide about releasing the company proprietaries.