Returning From Twrp Backup, Some Functionality Miss

leledumbo

Members
Jul 26, 2013
I just restored my TWRP backup after failing to install 7.5.2.0 from 6.5.26. However, I got some problems back where it supposed to have been solved before backup. My backup contains all partitions, so I really don't know why these happens:
  1. MiXplorer shows color coded file names only in root folder

Screenshot_2016-07-07-19-16-32_com.mixplorer.png

AFAIR, 6.5.26 fixes this when I was in 6.5.12. Since this happens upon restore from backup, I guess it's not the update that really fixes the problem. This causes me unable to browse root folder using MiXplorer. Using terminal emulator or adb, however, works fine. Even under su. Using another file manager like File Manager HD also works.

EDIT: Fixed by updating MiXplorer to 6.5.2 BETA

2. Bootloader Error Code 03 without relocking bootloader

I was able to wipe the annoying dialog out without the need to relock the bootloader, be it via fastboot oem lock or fastboot oem verified. The problem is, I forgot what I did to do that. If you know something about it (build.prop value, custom bootloader.img, whatever), please tell me.

Last edited:
I also have this bootloader error code 3 every time I boot the Mi Pad 2 if it is in unlocked mode. This is most annoying and completely not user friendly. Each time you boot the device, there is this error, and volume up continues to boot it. The fastboot oem lock removes this dialog for me too, but with OEM lock I could not install the one-click intel google applications. So I am stuck, either get this silly boot message or boot without that message and no Google Play Store, what then? Shall I allways search apkmirror for an application I want to install? Oh how convenient is that? I am not very convinced that Xiaomi actually has a clue what they done by locking these systems, giving us silly instructions on how to unlock the devices and in the end we have to fiddle around with buttons when we try to boot the device.

When the Mi Pad 2 is showing the fastboot message, it always responds to the fastboot command. And okay, I may give it a try with fastboot oem verified.

I wonder why these commands are not even documented in the fastboot help, as if the developer wanted to play hide and seek with the customer who bought that product. More experienced users get it sooner or later, unlock oem = do everything you want, lock = do nothing at all and verified is obviously the okay you can now use the device in a way we trust you. Very confusing, and not user friendly at all.

Actually, fastboot oem lock and verified will eventually do the same thing: erase your data. No idea if verified keeps the bootloader unlocked or not but erasing data is a no-no. I tried using custom boot.img from http://en.miui.com/thread-277840-1-1.html but the annoying message stays still. I wonder if it has to do something with the build.prop entry but I have no idea which one, especially since that custom build.prop seems to be based on Chinese ROM instead of EU.

I am using this version xiaomi.eu_multi_latte_6.3.31_v7-5.1.zip from the Tradingshenzen instructions. I do not have the error 03 message when I boot my tablet with this ROM, it is not the latest and greatest but it will do for the moment.

After powering the Mi Pad 3 off and on, it simply reboots the Android OS without any error messages.

I am using this version xiaomi.eu_multi_latte_6.3.31_v7-5.1.zip from the Tradingshenzen instructions. I do not have the error 03 message when I boot my tablet with this ROM, it is not the latest and greatest but it will do for the moment.

After powering the Mi Pad 3 off and on, it simply reboots the Android OS without any error messages.
Can you point me to the instruction?

Yes, but it is in German, although, the download link (the green link on the linked page, it contains the files I used, the drivers, the twrp installation and a developer ROM of the same version) c and by following the instructions it should work. I had some issues installing TRWP, and therefore I removed the reboot command in the .bat file and executed that install_twrp.bat about 10 times. It is such a nightmare to deal with a half baked OS installation, way too many steps needed for the entire process. This is the trandinshenzen blog link with the installation in structions:

http://tradingshenzhenblog.com/support/tutorials/xiaomi-mipad2/

Yes, but it is in German, although, the download link (the green link on the linked page, it contains the files I used, the drivers, the twrp installation and a developer ROM of the same version) c and by following the instructions it should work. I had some issues installing TRWP, and therefore I removed the reboot command in the .bat file and executed that install_twrp.bat about 10 times. It is such a nightmare to deal with a half baked OS installation, way too many steps needed for the entire process. This is the trandinshenzen blog link with the installation in structions:

http://tradingshenzhenblog.com/support/tutorials/xiaomi-mipad2/
Thanks. Apart from the used ROM version, every steps seems familiar. The message still appears on step 4 but gone after 5-7? I don't see anything special in that last 3 steps, the biggest possibility is only the xiaomi.eu ROM (it also contains bootloader image). Maybe I could try reflashing my current ROM, probably the TWRP backup doesn't do its job completely.

Alright, confirmed. Reflashing the ROM sweeps that message away. Looks like we need new TWRP with proper restore of bootloader partition.