[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

For now it would be the one on the op. They are working on gingerbread, but it's not ready yet, for everyday.

Its not ready for anything yet lol screen flashes constantly and so much is broken. Im going to push in things one by one to see if it fixes anything...which means il have to bring out the sd card adapter :/ lots of flashing tonight lol

Thread on issue. Its not the phone, its a kernel/audio issue it does not do it in MIUI (one more reason to use it i guess). Alright thanks.

And oh...that lol its because of voodoo sound but i have to say i NEVER had this :/ i was on bonsai (they were using v6?) and keeping the analog volume (i think it was that in voodoo control) at -8 or below didnt give me this bug. So kernel wise, i know voodoo sounds great but should we add that in our kernel? i personally can live without it (if/when we make one) lol

I would say without it. There is the dsp manager with miui that works well. Also I have a sprint vvm fix, I will upload it later, now sure how to impliment it into roms.

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

what do you mean fix? i think i added the CM7 vvm fix but i opted out and started using gvoice lol

Like the provisioning error. I prefer vvm, its wors bettr for me. But maybe I will try googe voice. But some still may want vvm. So I know ho to fix it if needed.

Like the provisioning error. I prefer vvm, its wors bettr for me. But maybe I will try googe voice. But some still may want vvm. So I know ho to fix it if needed.

haha i had no idea about the error but thanks for the fix!!

I suppose impatience and lack of development finally got to me. I switched back to the EVO. =x

OMG...Just found my MicroSD card adaptor...now i can flash anytime without having to worry about use working.

lmao!! i gave up and started using my camera (SD card) so now i move file by file and flash easily lol last night i went through like 20 files in an hour...ALOT faster than normal lol

How's everything coming along with this

How's everything coming along with this

well there isnt enough time in the day to copy libs 1 by 1 and flash lol but im doing my best. Trying to get screen flash gone.

If you need anyone to test out anything I'm here

If you need anyone to test out anything I'm here

honestly the help would be great but slow :/ im trying to get this thing workable so i can release to testers and really be able to work on it lol

It's been pretty quiet how is everything going?

It's been pretty quiet how is everything going?

ive been waiting for someone to reply!! xD im trying to port from the i9000..i replaced almost all libs in nexus port but screen flicker was getting annoying so same hardware seems easier to me...im actually going to sprint tomorrow to get my epic fixed and im going to see if they will fix a broken epic i have.. i can use that as a test dummy lmao

ive been waiting for someone to reply!! xD im trying to port from the i9000..i replaced almost all libs in nexus port but screen flicker was getting annoying so same hardware seems easier to me...im actually going to sprint tomorrow to get my epic fixed and im going to see if they will fix a broken epic i have.. i can use that as a test dummy lmao

what's wrong with your phone?

what's wrong with your phone?

You remember that call bug where you have to toggle speaker to hear the other person? Well when i toggle i still cant hear anything..the sound never gets rerouted..or the top speaker is dead lol i even odin'd to see if it would work and it still doesnt xD

I flashed this rom and absolutly love it I used to run it on my shift I'm now on the Epic 4g and. I would love to help test for you you can ad me too google talk Franzferdinan51@gmail.com. if not ill keep up on the thread

I've tried to install later versions of the MiUi Music app with the slick black UI, but they look the same blue UI as before. Is there a way to get it to look black? Is it just froyo thats the problem? Is there a theme I can install?

Welcome to the official Samsung Epic 4G thread. Currently, the ROM DOES flash and boot properly, so right now, we're just getting out the bugs to make it as stable as possible.

All credit goes to Mike_77 and asdfghjkl for compiling.

1.3.5: http://www.multiupload.com/KAA7KP8MA0

What doesn't work:

• SMS & MMS - solved!
  • 3G - solved!
  • Keyboard - solved!
We're getting it up and running right now. Stay tuned!

- The Epic 4G Team: asdfghjkl, Mike_77, , and raymond

So I flashed this version and I still don't get mms. Has it not been updated maybe?