[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

Well im lazy and dont like flashing more than one thing so i made a zip with the working kernel lol i also changed the kernel part of the update script...bmlwrite wasnt being called for and redbend_ua was. So i edited that and its working just like it should. So out of MMS and wake lock when receiving calls, what would you like to be worked on first? Im also adding the spare parts app and sdx app removal and maybe unlimited pandora if anyone wants to use it..

Wake lock, mms can done with email lol. Wake lock is the only thing keeping me from using it all the time.

Wake lock, mms can done with email lol. Wake lock is the only thing keeping me from using it all the time.

Im sticking with it now (usb acting up isnt an issue cuz my port is now fried :/ ) and il look into how to fix wake lock..also i think this is part of the framework but does anyone notice the "roaming indicator off" thing on the pulldown bar? its supposed to say Sprint lol and wow, 3g speeds are horrible lol Does anyone use the apps listed above? ^^^

I dont mind flashing for you

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Oh and run speedtest really quick...post results and then go into /system and edit your build.prop. look for line that says ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and change that to 1. Should make 3g more "normal"

here is the link to faster 3g (edited build.prop) and took out apps so il post a zip (not flashable) of some useful apps (mainly quickpic becuase deleted gallery and and rootexplorer because deleted file explorer...and spare parts adfree dropbox and one or two more lol

I ran the speedtest this is what i got 1818 kbps download 650 kbps upload

damm lol i was getting 346 lmao after editing build.prop it went up to 1000...did you try editing the build.prop like i said?? or flash the rom above?? btw i deleted apps like term emulator, file explorer and gallery..im making a zip (not flashable with better ones il upload soon) im on my way to work so i wont be back til 5 am if things are bad there :/

I'm not getting 3g whatsoever. I'm getting fake 3g. It says its sending but I'm not getting anything else back. I've flashed other kernels. Left stock alone. And flashed the dual kernel. Left for 15 or so minutes without touching, turned on wifi, and airplane mode. Nada

Im still getting the same thing from speedtest after doing what you said
damm lol i was getting 346 lmao after editing build.prop it went up to 1000...did you try editing the build.prop like i said?? or flash the rom above?? btw i deleted apps like term emulator, file explorer and gallery..im making a zip (not flashable with better ones il upload soon) im on my way to work so i wont be back til 5 am if things are bad there :/

Can someone please post a video and/or screenshots of this current build. Is it good enough now for daily use?

Can someone please post a video and/or screenshots of this current build. Is it good enough now for daily use?

As long as you don't need MMS or camcorder.. all other functions are working. Still a little slow on the lockscreen, but so far I haven't missed a call. Also reports of people not being able to hear during call, but cycling speaker on and off fixes that. I haven't experienced either of these issues so far.

As long as you don't need MMS or camcorder.. all other functions are working. Still a little slow on the lockscreen, but so far I haven't missed a call. Also reports of people not being able to hear during call, but cycling speaker on and off fixes that. I haven't experienced either of these issues so far.

3G is still a little wonky. I've only gotten it working once! I think we need a slightly updated kernel

3G is still a little wonky. I've only gotten it working once! I think we need a slightly updated kernel

I'm actually trying to extract ahgsmk's kernel now to see if I can find anything.. but I've had no problems at all with 3g other than the very start..

I'm actually trying to extract ahgsmk's kernel now to see if I can find anything.. but I've had no problems at all with 3g other than the very start..

I'll try ODINing fresh and trying that. I guess I should have expected shinanigans with all the flashing that I've been doing.
Extracting it? Care to explain what you mean?

I'll try ODINing fresh and trying that. I guess I should have expected shinanigans with all the flashing that I've been doing.
Extracting it? Care to explain what you mean?

I was trying to extract the files/structure in linux.. have to install the entire toolchain etc, and I don't feel like messing with all of that tonight.. lol I'll work on it later.. but even then, don't know what I'd find.. I have no programming background or linux either, for that matter.. LOL

Good luck Mike. I'm going to focus on Camcorder for now. asdfghjkl's taking on MMS I think.

@fusingblackrose Do you know if this MiUi build is deodexed? What about zipaligned?

Hey guys, I'm still at work but I'll be home in an hour (I hope..I've been here since 4) and I'll try mms. I REALLY want a new kernel ans I was gna ask ahmgsk to build from bonsai but if you can help Mike I'd be more that happy to try and build a new one...