[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

Are you sure? All buttons are working with Samsung Galaxy S3 (stock firmware). So I made conclusion, it can work not only in miui.
MiCore is not supporting Xiaomi earphones.
So if you use that return back to stock kernel

MiCore is not supporting Xiaomi earphones.
So if you use that return back to stock kernel
Thanks for answer.
Is there any chance to add support earphones in next wiui updates? I really like wiui firmware and dont wanna back to stock one.

Thanks for answer.
Is there any chance to add support earphones in next wiui updates? I really like wiui firmware and dont wanna back to stock one.
I am talking about kernel not WIUI

Has anyone found the way to add shortcuts to the app drawer? By the way 4.2.14 is running smooth and battery life seems to be pretty good! Well done Wajk!

Last edited:
Reactions: guffoe
@Wajk : some time ago I reported that alarm when phone off was broken with micore kernel. Does this happens in wiui too with micore? Do you have any suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks
Same problem for me. The alarm wakes up only with stock kernel.

@Wajk, i know that its a strange request, but ...
i got the Mi3 wcdma phone, and breaking my head on how to install/enable the xposed framework, or the WSM tools, and its simply locks on reboot.
i saw that you based the latest version on 4.2.14 with the WSM version, maybe there's an idea or something you can think of that i can do to make this work on the Mi3 with the 4.2.14 or 4.2.18 version ?

thanks a lot !!

I dont have any problems at all now, but I had before. Now I am on micore+ and have Esmeralda tool with alarm fix plugin. Maybe you check that.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk
Thanks for your quick answer. I would like to try Esmeralda tool, but i don't really know where to find it.
Can you please link it to me?

Thanks for your quick answer. I would like to try Esmeralda tool, but i don't really know where to find it.
Can you please link it to me?
Ooops. Sorry, that's autocorrection. I mean wsm Tools. Installation via Aroma.
ruzamy2u.jpg

Reactions: pelongs
I'm getting this error when i try to install The most recent ROM (also at The ROM b4):
aroma/s: Initializing
Starting AROMA Installer version 2.70RC2
(c) 2013 by amarullz xda-developers
aroma/e: Unexpected Number of Arguments (5)

What to do? :)

Last edited:
Already wipe all, reinstall, and battery is still crap.... iam very disappointed, iam not asking 2 days, but just 1! jaja

I dont have any problems at all now, but I had before. Now I am on micore+ and have Esmeralda tool with alarm fix plugin. Maybe you check that.

Mind that the bug is present when the phone is OFF: alarm works fine if you leave the phone in standby. With stock kernel, the phone wakes from OFF at alarm time.
Hope @Wajk can help!

Mind that the bug is present when the phone is OFF: alarm works fine if you leave the phone in standby. With stock kernel, the phone wakes from OFF at alarm time.
Hope @Wajk can help!
Thanks for that, never tried it, because I never turn the phone off - I use airplane mode. But I will try it (with a extra alarm clock on my desk :)) and report back

Update - next morning
Phone doesn't wake up. Sleep as an droid was set to 6.00 am, Miui alarm clock was set to 6.05, desk clock to 6.08, and I could sleep 8 extra minutes :). (Micore kernel).
Well, for me that's not a bug, it's a features. I remember in good old Nokia times, I was on a 6 am flight, with phone turned off, when during the flight the alarm went off. All passengers looked at me in a way and that look said: now the plane will crash and it is your fault (this was pre-9/11, but I doubt it would be different today).

Last edited:
What to do? :)

follow instructions from post #1 and flash CWM first

This is kernel releated feature, maybe we will get back.

Problem with new kernel features from Xiaomi is that they are not open-source.
Xiaomi is not updating their sources, currently MiCore sources are more complete then the sources released by Xiaomi.
So I can't add support for this alarm feature, although Xiaomi can maybe.

Reactions: K445
i found that the phone is eating 1% per hour when is sleeping, problem begins when the screen is on (2% in 10 mins). any suggest?

FXV9s8B.png

2SQ3CwR.png

ccoU1pR.png
lh25rUT.png

Last edited:
So!..
New owner here, greeting to all! My MI2S is on its way and I am trying to figure out what to do. I've read enough, so I'll try to recap and tell you the steps I intend to follow, please correct me if I am wrong.
-I need CWM recovery, so this is the first thing to install.
-Which rom? I need my phone rooted, so probably I will move to an experimental version, right? It seems that WIUI is really better than stock, so, since I need a rooted version, this one is the WiUi v5 JB 3.8.23 EX, isn't it?
-Is there any real reason to install a custom kernel and if yes, why? If yes, which should I prefer? I've been reading about attempts to make a "tap to unlock" function like Nokia's and LG's, is there any kernel that has actually done it?
-Sound quality is quite important to me. Are there any special tweaks, apps or kernels that provide our phone with better sound quality?
-If I ever want to install anything via CWM recovery, do I always have to rename the .zip file that I intend to install to update.zip?
I really feel embarassed asking all those things that surely have been answered a thousand times, but it's the third day now that I read about all this staff and I feel lost. Thank you so much!

-I need CWM recovery, so this is the first thing to install.
If you are happy with a single ROM (whatever type), you do not need CWM and can stay with the original stock recovery. (MIUI v5 is already rooted, btw.)
M1cha's CWM gives you more choices re. what to do with the phone (e. g. TDB).

-If I ever want to install anything via CWM recovery, do I always have to rename the .zip file that I intend to install to update.zip?
CWM handles flashing any file name placed in any folder on the sdcard.
What I did is that I renamed the CWM flash file to update.zip and keep it in the root of sdcard so that if I happen to mistakenly overwrite the recovery partition with some other recovery variant, then I can be sure to be able to reflash CWM back easily (the stock recovery can flash only update.zip)

Last edited:
If you are happy with a single ROM (whatever type), you do not need CWM and can stay with the original stock recovery. (MIUI v5 is already rooted, btw.)

CWM handles flashing any file name placed in any folder on the sdcard.

So, that means that whatever MIUI V5 rom I download for my MI2S (either experimental or not, official or not), it is pre-rooted and I don't have to do anything more?
This feature alone is enough reason for me to install CWM!

Last edited:
So, that means that whatever MIUI V5 rom I download for my MI2S (either experimental or not, official or not), it is pre-rooted and I don't have to do anything more?
This feature alone is enough reason for me to install CWM!
Only the stable releases from xiaomi are not rooted,the weekly developer ones are .If you want to use the stable releases like i do just flash supersu and you have root.And install CWM regardless.It will save your butt with the backups.And every time you change a rom make a backup,so you don't loose your data.Trust me it's not a step you want to miss.