[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

Why you make this experimental version based on JLB14 if the most recent is JLB16?

Latest development builds and JLB16 almost same (driver/modem, etc...)
I read good feedbacks about JLB14 and JLB14 released same time with 3.4.5. That was also good release.

That's why I choose that JLB, and I would like to know how working this hybrid on my device.
I just shared my results with you.

When I made older Experimantal build, which based on JLB7, that also wasn't the latest one on that time.
Newer not always better ;)

3.6.14 EX working fine on my device, and this is the most important for me. :D

Wajk

I remember that 3.4.5 was the smoothest ROM that I've flashed on my Mi-2. I'll try today and post my results. Thanks again for the work!

Hello,
I have installed latest version Wiui, non-experimental, using some tweaks (I force the minimum frequency to 300mhz cpu in power mode, disabled media scanner ...) and I got over the two days of battery and are at 46%

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-19-15-43-44.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-19-15-43-44.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 260
Reactions: Wajk and Medina
Hello,
I have installed latest version Wiui, non-experimental, using some tweaks (I force the minimum frequency to 300mhz cpu in power mode, disabled media scanner ...) and I got over the two days of battery and are at 46%
Hi! You've uploaded the tweaks and details describe disabling media scanner! PLEASE!

I share here with you what are asking me in private.
I have repeatedly said and pointed out that with the latest versions rom miuiandroid / wiui, the minimum frequency of the CPU in power mode, is to 594mhz, it is fixed at 384MHz.

So, I have done so:

1) set minimum frequency in power save mode at 384MHz with No Frill CPU
2) changed going from interactive to ondemand governor with No Frill CPU
3) disable media scanner with Rescan Media

These are the three main things that I changed, the others are:
disable autostart dropbox, gmail, facebook, exchange, camera ...

That's it.

installed your latrst exp version ...3.6.14 ...all seems to be fine... but auto call recording is not in settings ..and caplrecording manually leads to phone fc

sebsch1991

Please read the thread;) , this was reported and Wajk fixed right away.

http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/rom-wiui-3-6-14-multilanguage.19628/page-37#post-168812

dextructor,
Please read the thread by yourself >> ;) << , he fixed a problem with soundrecorder.apk, uploaded the fix and also reuploaded the whole Exp ROM with the fixed apk.
The soundrecorder.apk in fix.zip is the same as in full-rom.zip - you can check that by comparing md5 checksums >> ;) <<

@ Wajk
Do you have any ideas ? Can you reproduce the FC ?
-Latest 3.06.14 EXP Version
-installed via CWM - Full Wipe (data/system/cache)
-restored MIUI-Backup
-Soundrecording itself is working fine
-Call recording leads process ....com.android.phone to FC ! (triggered manually as well as automatic call recording)

Any help would be much apreciated. thanks

I have repeatedly said and pointed out that with the latest versions rom miuiandroid / wiui, the minimum frequency of the CPU in power mode, is to 594mhz, it is fixed at 384MHz.

First of all, thnx for your idea/tip!
If I know right, 2 cores use 384Mhz as minimum, and other two cores use higher min freq.

Hi Wajk, i´m using your Rom sice a week now and it´s really great. It was the first one on my MI2s ;)

Anyway, i have a little Request. What do you think about to include this SystemUI Mod so it looks a bit like an iphone :D
http://www.miui.com/thread-1231597-1-1.html
Thanks for your work

Thnx, I also like clock in the center.
But install steps are easy, if anybody needs that MOD, just use it.

installed your latrst exp version ...3.6.14 ...all seems to be fine... but auto call recording is not in settings ..and caplrecording manually leads to phone fc

Thnx for your report, I can confirm this for you.
I working on it, maybe codec or encoder/decoder changed from 3.4.5 to 3.6.14, but I can't see any diff in size.
I like call recording feature, but I don't use it too much. I will try to fix it.

Reactions: MSephiroth
Damn, you removed the soundrecorder fix before I could download it! As of now I have capped internet and are unable to download the full new ROM including it. :(

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Damn, you removed the soundrecorder fix before I could download it! As of now I have capped internet and are unable to download the full new ROM including it.

be patient, you will get new patch soon.
I found that codec which cause Call recording and Sound Recorder bug.

so, new patch better solution than previous.

be patient, you will get new patch soon.
I found that codec which cause Call recording and Sound Recorder bug.

No rush, just didn't see your upcoming posts about redoing it.
Cheers! :)

EDIT: I withdraw, as of 10 minutes ago, changing a screen protector resulted in my screen cracking YET AGAIN, resulting in my entire screen not working. This is what bothers me the most, if it were any other kind of phone the touch screen would at least still be responsive. Now I don't have a phone to use!

Not going to waste any more money on this device, having already replaced the screen once setting me back $100. Definitely not going to go through that again.

To all of you with an Mi2/Mi2S, I wish you all the best of luck with your devices, as mine as diminished.

I withdraw, as of 10 minutes ago, changing a screen protector resulted in my screen cracking YET AGAIN, resulting in my entire screen not working. This is what bothers me the most, if it were any other kind of phone the touch screen would at least still be responsive. Now I don't have a phone to use!

Sad to hear that... :confused:

WiUi 3.6.14 Experimental fixed
- SoundRecorder fixed
- Call recording fixed
- min CPU freq set to 384Mhz for all cores, thnx for tip to surfra

patch attached, just flash via Recovery without any Wipe
full ROM also uploaded/fixed

Attachments

• AudioCodecFix_for_3.6.14.EX.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 194
Sad to hear that... :confused:

Very, very woeful times :( that's not saying I'll keep it in my cupboard as a spare phone, in some time order a new screen, hopefully not repeat!

Due to this I'll be laying off as much activity on these forums, but I'll be popping in every now and then to see what's up and what's new!
I'd like to thank you Wajk for making my experience with this phone far better than I had anticipated, keep up the good work! :)

Hi Wajk, i have a problem in your last ROM 3.6.14, the phone book of contacts has a problem with my car bluetooth connected. each name in the phone book before the word NULL, eg. Roberto is NULLRoberto. is a problem of miui?

Hi Wajk, i have a problem in your last ROM 3.6.14, the phone book of contacts has a problem with my car bluetooth connected. each name in the phone book before the word NULL, eg. Roberto is NULLRoberto. is a problem of miui?

same problem

Tested, working great !!!
Thanks for quick response and fix!

Cool, thnx for your feedback! :)

Thnx for your report.
Phone and Contacts apps are untouched in my ROM.
I decompiled both apps and I checked language files, but I think this isn't translation bug.

If bluetooth service working fine for you, don't worry about it.
I'm sure, this visual bug will be gone with next release.

I noticed that my calendar icon isn't "live" anymore till 16th.