[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

I reworked some mod/tweak in ROM.
example, I removed run-parts (1MB) binary
I solved init.d support with symlink ;)
= less RAM/simpler method

Oh yes! You are awesome :)

Wajk, since I am using your Rom, the phone seems like 3000 mah battery :D You are perfect !:)

Reactions: Wajk
Testing right now thanks Wajk!:)

About the experiemntal version are you gonna make one? (Original ETA was monday)

Notification bar is missing after booting tot 3.8.23. This can be fixed by pulling the notification bar down, so it refreshes or something. I have to do this after each boot :(. Wiping cache or dalvik doesn't work. Is this a bug in the new WIUI or al I unlucky?

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Notification bar is missing after booting tot 3.8.23. This can be fixed by pulling the notification bar down, so it refreshes or something. I have to do this after each boot :(. Wiping cache or dalvik doesn't work. Is this a bug in the new WIUI or al I unlucky?

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk
Mine is not, dude

Lol. The question is what for? With 4.3 that would be a port not as stable and functionality reach as source based 4.1. I bet you want 4.3 for just a number in about phone.

Reactions: dextructor
Wajk, thanks for this ROM. Can you confirm if firewall application is working ? I'm trying to disable it but I can't find the option to disable it /remove it in apps nor in firewall settings.

Hi Wajk, I'm trying 3.8.23 and is pretty fast, still not as smooth as v4 but In pretty happy with it.
I have find a little bug in all Wiui v5 ROMs I've tried, (I think it was also present in Marvin ROM) , and is that when the phone is booting, a few seconds after the "starting applications" screens, there is a hot reboot and the phone goes back to the bootanimation. It always happens once on every boot, so I think that maybe it's not that much a bug, but a need for a tweak or something like that.

On the other hand, I was excited when I first saw in the Miui changelog for 3.8.23 the "improved opening folder" in the launcher, but I see no real difference with previous versions, and neither in Wiui. It's one of the little things that i personally detest from v5! I hope it will be improved soon.

Enviado desde mi MI 2S usando Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Wajk and boojay
Lol. The question is what for? With 4.3 that would be a port not as stable and functionality reach as source based 4.1. I bet you want 4.3 for just a number in about phone.

True.... but isn't it always better if we have latest version with new things which means improvements !!!
I feel 4.3 is much faster than 4.1. hence i am requesting is it possible for devs to cook MIUI ROM based on 4.3 .
I want the look of MIUI & speed of 4.3, hence i asked that question.

Hi Wajk, I'm trying 3.8.23 and is pretty fast, still not as smooth as v4 but In pretty happy with it.
I have find a little bug in all Wiui v5 ROMs I've tried, (I think it was also present in Marvin ROM) , and is that when the phone is booting, a few seconds after the "starting applications" screens, there is a hot reboot and the phone goes back to the bootanimation. It always happens once on every boot, so I think that maybe it's not that much a bug, but a need for a tweak or something like that.

On the other hand, I was excited when I first saw in the Miui changelog for 3.8.23 the "improved opening folder" in the launcher, but I see no real difference with previous versions, and neither in Wiui. It's one of the little things that i personally detest from v5! I hope it will be improved soon.

I thought I was the only one with that issue since no one else mentioned it. It doesn't bother me too much since I rarely reboot my phone and once it's settled down, there are no issues and it's silky smooth.

Swyped from my Mi 2

Thnx for your feedback, guys. I flash ROM with/without Wipe, but I never seen one extra boot animations.
(when I reboot my Mi2, I see boot logo, boot animation & after the lockscreen. That's all)
Mabye you try to disable all app with Startup Manager.... just for test.

I found that if i disable all init.d tweaks, the hot reboot doesn't appear. Maybe I should try now one by one.

WiUi 3.8.23 Experimental out ;),

- based on JBL14 (kernel/drivers...)
- added latest features from WiUi 3.8.23
- backported required services

link in the post #3

I flashed over 3.8.23 without Wipe Data.
Wipe Cache/Advanced Dalvik Cache recommend.

Reactions: MSephiroth
man,of course I like what you did ,I am just kidding ,enjoy your tine and drive safety.
I shall buy you one cup of beer for what you did for us .

Thnx for your feedback, guys. I flash ROM with/without Wipe, but I never seen one extra boot animations.
(when I reboot my Mi2, I see boot logo, boot animation & after the lockscreen. That's all)
Mabye you try to disable all app with Startup Manager.... just for test.

Hey Wajk,

Firstly, congrats on your sister's new baby!

Also, the secondary hot reboot doesn't really bother me. I've tried wiping all data and reflashing, but it still happens, it's not even an issue for me since I reboot my phone maybe once/twice a week. It also only happens on V5, not V4.

Out of curiosity, I've been testing WIUI 3.8.23 the last two days and am noticing battery life is just a touch worse, but the rom is super smooth. Through BBS (Better Battery Stats), I can see the phone is spending much more time @ 1.51 GHz than in previous V5 versions, similar to how V4 is. Do you think you had added the 1242Mhz CPU mod to those versions prior to this one? I'm going to flash it and see if it regains similar battery life to those older versions. Either way, it's still a pleasure to use and I hope it will someday gain all the functionality of your final V4.

I've attached a screenshot of the only tiny graphical glitch I've noticed so far. It's so minor, I'm not even sure it's worth pointing out! ;D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-25-23-17-38-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-25-23-17-38-1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 290
hmm.
We had workday on last saturday. I released that day my v5 build. I drive 700km to my sister on Sunday.
She has a new baby ;) Today I drive back to home and after while my wife and my girl sleep I released Experimental version to that users, who like it. So pls appreciate a bit what I'm doing, thnx.

Best wishes to all your family, and again... Thanks for the amazing ROM!

hi Wajk there are some "lets say" bugs in your build.prop!

1."debug.composition.type" is set in MIUI by default to dyn and you double the line and now there is once "debug.composition.type=dyn" & "debug.composition.type=gpu"
2."ro.ril.disable.power.collapse" is also twice in there

Hi here the stock email app is in Chinese
I changed the language and no difference
Anybody same problem?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2