[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

I discover that when I make a call with earphone, the level of audio is too low, but If I switch to music or FM Radio, I don't have any problem.

P.S. I don'use official Xiaomi Earphone.

Hi Wajk, i am very pleased with the latest version of WIUI in terms of battery life. i use Micore kernel plus in it.
compared to MIUI, which consume 45% for screen, WIUI only consume 23%! after all, it makes screen on time last even longer. however, i just want to ask, maybe it is funny question.
by such huge drops on screen power consume, is there any side effect for that? because i think it is superb improvement and i just afraid of any hardware drawbacks from that, if any :)

OP updated

Acid & Tweetypeety signed this ROM version. (thnx, guys)
So if anybody would like to install with Recovery, just do it ;)

I hope, will go back soon.
I updated ROM with FTP, so if it will back, you should download signed version.

I also wait some feedback about battery drain.

Just read OP. We have a beast phone, with the best MIUI support.
This is only slightly update. Primary I made this for myself, I just share with you, If you would like to try it.
I'm new Mi2 user, yet.

I working on:
- JLB ROM testing (i would like to port some drivers, if anything better there)
- Sound boost
- vibrate intensity (I'm playing with settings, now)
- framework analyzing (for more optimized settings)
what does it mean that this ROM is signed now?

i also have battery drain, but i see the phone is sleeping correctly (BBS), i have no idea whats the matter, but i barely achieving 16hrs (with 2.5hs of screen time)

I think my phone (Mi2S+original battery) is going crazy, or something is wrong with the 4.1.24 WIUI+MiCore009m
My WIFI+GPS is off, I turn it on only when needed.
My 3G is off when i go to sleep, which is about 6hrs every 24hrs.
My screen is on auto brightness.
I get about 1 day of use with 2 hours of screen.
Somehow "Android System" is using 32% of my battery which is way more than the screen's 24%.
I installed 4.1.24 WIUI with all 3 wipes before.
I don't have a lot of programs nor games.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-11-23-21-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-11-23-21-01.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_2014-02-11-23-21-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-11-23-21-06.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot_2014-02-11-23-21-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-11-23-21-10.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 229
I think my phone (Mi2S+original battery) is going crazy, or something is wrong with the 4.1.24 WIUI+MiCore009m
Somehow "Android System" is using 32% of my battery which is way more than the screen's 24%.

Thanks in advance
yeah, same here
with MIUI, "screen" is 45%, with WIUI 23% ---------------> this is superb
with MIUI, "android system" is 7%, with WIUI 25% -------> this is bad, and strange

Reactions: Michachu
yeah, same here
with MIUI, "android system" is 7%, with WIUI 25% -------> this is bad, and strange
The interesting thing, is ROM related or kernel related?
Did anyone install this new version without MiCore009m and have the same behavior or something different?

Thanks in advance

yeah, same here

@Wajk I am facing the same problem but wiht 4.1.24 and MiCore 007.
My phone just does not go into deep sleep. Have wiped everything before flashing.
Will screenies help ?

The interesting thing, is ROM related or kernel related?
Did anyone install this new version without MiCore009m and have the same behavior or something different?

i was using the micore, but without it its the same, 16hrs of use with auto brightness to 30%max, 3g and wifi almost all day.
the phone is sleeping correctly, and i dont found whats eating the battery

I see that Google hangouts causes a lot of cpu wakelocks for several time, but I don't use it.

Maybe this is a possibile cause of battery drain, but I don't think it is related to wiui or micore.

I don't think Hangouts is the issue, I have a lot of wakelocks associated with it, but my battery drainage is fine, both with the screen on and off. And that's with me using it a lot.

For those of you who aren't getting the kind of drainage you're expecting, particularly during deep sleep, are you getting the kernel wakelock: "qcom.rx.wakelock" in BBS? I'm just curious. Normally it should be less than 2%, but if you're getting 4-5% or greater, that might be the cause.

Swyped from my Mi2S

I think the problem might be the "Clean memory - lock screen after 5 mins" option in Security->Power->Conserve Battery->Default mode.
I added a Custom profile with the option "Clean memory - Never" and applied it.
now after 6 hours it looks better (still not perfect but better) now my screen usage is 24% and android system usage is 12%.
I think you should try it guys.

Reactions: Wajk
I just checked my clock frequencies and in normal mode min. frequency is set to 918 Mhz. How can I change it to 384 Mhz? I don't want to change the kernel to do that.

I just checked my clock frequencies and in normal mode min. frequency is set to 918 Mhz. How can I change it to 384 Mhz? I don't want to change the kernel to do that.
I use trickster mod app, works just fine.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

Don't worry about it. Check your cpu usage with CpuSpy app.
Your device use 384Mhz.

iam freezing media server, the script is not working

Script is working, but this is init.d script. This script run only once, when your device booted.
Android always start mediaserver at boot. This script disable it, but if you will start any media app (Gallery, Music app), mediaserver will be started.

This "bug" fixed with Android 4.3 if I know right.

Attachments

• media1.jpg
    media1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 240
well, thats strange. i use the latest WIUI and it has superb battery compared the previous version. i wipe data and dalvik cache, and choose modified micore kernel in the installation.

thnx for your feedback!

i was using the micore, but without it its the same, 16hrs of use with auto brightness to 30%max, 3g and wifi almost all day.
the phone is sleeping correctly, and i dont found whats eating the battery

This is Android. Very interesting. I don't know newer Android version s how working. But in my opinion 4.1 very sensitive for user settings and apps. Some apps with some settings eat battery, but slightly diff settings not. Sometimes very hard to find what is eat our battery.

So I can't help for everyone. Your device, you need to find what is your problem.
Try to use Wakelocks app and keep clean your system.
And don't forget not always the latest build the best.
If older or other build working right on your device, just use it.

I haven't got big problem with latest WiUi build I use MiCore 009 with ondemand governor.
Here is my latest charge cycle from this week. (3,5day, 3h screentime, WiFi, Games, Camera, Calls...)
I had better results before, of course, but not unusuable.

Attachments

• stat1.png
    stat1.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 289
  • stat2.png
    stat2.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Reactions: boojay
For some reason GPS disconnects every 5 seconds :S i dont have this on my second partition (CM11)

Sent from my MI2s with Tapatalk.

Script is working, but this is init.d script. This script run only once, when your device booted.
Android always start mediaserver at boot. This script disable it, but if you will start any media app (Gallery, Music app), mediaserver will be started.

This "bug" fixed with Android 4.3 if I know right.
Waik, any News about 4.3 miui?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk