[ROM] AOKP for Mi2

grondinm

Why did you post a tutorial how to port ROM's to Mi-2? I'll love to try Paranoid or other.

Thanks!:)

i will write one up later. It's actually not that complicated now that we have device tree and proprietary files from xiaomi.

Reactions: dextructor
No real problems on day 2 of testing this rom. I did notice that scrolling causes soms weird screen glitches (mainly distortion) andere something else I've come across is that changing the notification led doesn't work the wat it should. I'm now trying out Lightflow which did allow me tot set different colour for different apps, but the standard pink-whiteish color keeps popping up, while the colour is set tot green.

I will do some playing around with the led color to see what i come up with. I do have a new build not many changes(only 1 really) that i will post later when i get home from work. Along with probably a build of Root-Box.

So far i am finding that the led is restricted somehow. Either by kernel or led lib. If you go into Rom Control and set the led color to a hex code of #00ff00 you will get green notification led. It would be nice to have a list of supported colors from xiaomi....

Reactions: dextructor
One word "awesome" jus awesome..really guys u can feel how light it is..!
Thanks grondinm for this great AOKP build... now i can enjoy the performance of real android..!'m not thinking to go back to MIUI :D

Hi all!
I'm having some death sleep issues with the phone. Sometimes when the screen goes off I can't turn it on again and I have to reboot the phone by long press on power button.

Hi all!
I'm having some death sleep issues with the phone. Sometimes when the screen goes off I can't turn it on again and I have to reboot the phone by long press on power button.

I did have this happen once but none since then...i will keep an eye out for them to happen...

Hi all!

I've had this problem a few times as well, had to take out the battery to turn it on again.

I've had this problem a few times as well, had to take out the battery to turn it on again.

me 2 :( experienced 2 times till now..one time when disabling the CRT animation,next jus scrolling the home page..
nyways love the ROM..!:)

Grondinm any new build coming soon??

Same problem here, happened once after around 3 days without reboot..

Written on my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk 4 Beta

me 2 :( experienced 2 times till now..one time when disabling the CRT animation,next jus scrolling the home page..
nyways love the ROM..!:)

Grondinm any new build coming soon??

I really have not had that many issues. Had one SOD but other then that it's been super smooth...

I am trying hard to integrate the dualboot switch app into these roms AOKP and CM10.1 i almost have it. i will post a new build of AOKP today no matter what but it will be later on.

Reactions: afterburner
I really have not had that many issues. Had one SOD but other then that it's been super smooth...

I am trying hard to integrate the dualboot switch app into these roms AOKP and CM10.1 i almost have it. i will post a new build of AOKP today no matter what but it will be later on.
Add The app to system/app or?...

Skickat från min MI 2 via Tapatalk 2

Thanks buddy :) well that screen tearing issue is fixed in new build?

Add The app to system/app or?...

I'm trying to get it to build and integrate without having to modify the zip after the build is done. Right now it builds but it FC's as it is missing it's own lib files. I left a build running before i came that work and i hope it will be fixed.

afterburner have not taken a look yet was trying to get the dualboot switch to build. Will try to look for that for next build but not sure if i will figure it out. It might be more related to the libs provided by xiaomi so might not be able to do much about it....

afterburner have not taken a look yet was trying to get the dualboot switch to build. Will try to look for that for next build but not sure if i will figure it out. It might be more related to the libs provided by xiaomi so might not be able to do much about it....

No Problem take your own time..;)
Will wait xiaomi to update libs....

build will be up in 1h or so. This intergrating of dualboot switch is really p****ng me off. I understand why it's FC'ing but i am not sure how to fix it so this build will be without it still while i read up some more on app building....

build will be up in 1h or so. This intergrating of dualboot switch is really p****ng me off. I understand why it's FC'ing but i am not sure how to fix it so this build will be without it still while i read up some more on app building....
It's not hard to install it myself so don't bother with it :)

Reactions: grondinm
It's not hard to install it myself so don't bother with it :)

I was also using it as a learning experience for maybe integrating other apps that's why i was not giving up on it. I will for now while i read some more.

wow. good news. may i know u PORT or Sourcebuilt?

It is a source build..all but kernel.

The ROM definitely feels snappy but it's not the most stable rom I've used. The screen tearing is the most annoying bug so far, but other than that the ROM is really awesome.

After one day of use, I can report some bugs:
1. Sometimes if you lock your screen, it doesn't unlock anymore and you have to hit the powerbutton for very long to reboot.
2. The softbuttons below the screen still vibrate even if the screen is turned off.
3. There's no music player that comes with this ROM, and imo this is quite essential. Perhaps include Apollo or something similar?

Reactions: afterburner
The ROM definitely feels snappy but it's not the most stable rom I've used. The screen tearing is the most annoying bug so far, but other than that the ROM is really awesome.

After one day of use, I can report some bugs:
1. Sometimes if you lock your screen, it doesn't unlock anymore and you have to hit the powerbutton for very long to reboot.
2. The softbuttons below the screen still vibrate even if the screen is turned off.
3. There's no music player that comes with this ROM, and imo this is quite essential. Perhaps include Apollo or something similar?

Thanks for the report. Unfourtunatly i have not experienced either of those bugs. I did have a death lock with the first version of AOKP i built but none since...The soft keys do not vib for me when screen is of. Do you have Mi2 or Mi2s?

I was alreading considering adding Apollo. New build with it building now.

If i upgrading from previous builds full wife required??

No full wipe is not required when updating. Just make sure you flash Gapps again before reboot if you use them.