[ROM] AOKP for Mi2

i do not know yet. I will have more time to look at it this weekend. I have a feeling it's more the kernel/screen driver(maybe how it's interfacing with the rom). For now tho i am stuck for some reasons builds are failing with this:

Code:
frameworks/opt/telephony/src/java/com/android/internal/telephony/IccSmsInterfaceManagerProxy.java:145: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable ACTION_NEW_OUTGOING_SMS
        Intent broadcast = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_NEW_OUTGOING_SMS);
                                            ^
frameworks/opt/telephony/src/java/com/android/internal/telephony/IccSmsInterfaceManagerProxy.java:153: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable INTERCEPT_SMS
                android.Manifest.permission.INTERCEPT_SMS,
                                           ^

I am not sure if it's broken for everyone or if it's something with the mi2 tree or what happened at the moment. I will wait a little while and see if something is committed to fix it...

Just tested this ROM and have a few questions..

*When sliding the notification bar down,there's no toggles.. Also,there is a little icon somewhat like a self portrait on the top right hand side of the notification page.. would like to know what that does?

*The ROM sometimes crashes on high demanding graphical games,tested with Batman and Mc4.. Also with Antutu benchmark during the opengl 2.0 graphic test.. can anyone run this test and see if they get thru the benchmark?

*Is there a way to enable 2page notifications like on MIUI.. one page for toggles,the other for the actual notifications..

*keyboard gets a lil slow when typing longer texts..

hate to make this sound like a cluster of complaints.. and although there are a few additions(Music app,file explorer,data transfer rate in the notification bar etc.) that will make this ROM the best yet on a Mi2.. Its actually far from that.. Infact this is an EXCELLENT ROM and a definite challenging competition to miui in terms of customization and UI.. I'm very pleased with your dedication and passion for the Mi2,not forgetting the marvellous work! Well done! keep up the brilliant work Grondinm.. (BTW this is my first time on AOKP,had a Xperia Play) :)

Reactions: MSephiroth
For toggles see this galery http://imgur.com/a/HLgbt#0

I do also get a crash on the opengl 2.0 test. I think this has to do with the libs provided by xiaomi. I am going to flash miui today and compare libs...I will play with they keyboard today i do not type super long texts but never noticed any lag. Thank you for reports and appreciation.

Excellent! thanks a lot! I now have toggles but only the traditional and scroll toggles.. the tiles toggles don't seem to apply.. it just doesn't show any toggles at all.. Scroll toggles are great but tile toggles would be awesome! any idea why this happens?

Excellent! thanks a lot! I now have toggles but only the traditional and scroll toggles.. the tiles toggles don't seem to apply.. it just doesn't show any toggles at all.. Scroll toggles are great but tile toggles would be awesome! any idea why this happens?

Tiles toggles work for me so i am not sure what is going on...

On another note new build(finally) posted. Been trying to build all day but big changes where being done behind the sceens on how SMS are handled so it was breaking build in between commits. But its up now. With appolo and CMFilemanager. Enjoy. I will flash latest MIUI tomorrow and try to find differences in libs to maybe explain screen tearing/high graphics crashes.

Reactions: MSephiroth
new build up. Have had busy week not much time to look at anything. Kinda waiting for kernel sources from xiaomi. Can't find anything wrong in the roms setup....

Reactions: Seamless
Is this ROM deodexed? Can I flash it alongside Miuiandroid or Wiui without enabling TrueDualBoot? By the way, excellent job! ;)

Is this ROM deodexed? Can I flash it alongside Miuiandroid or Wiui without enabling TrueDualBoot? By the way, excellent job! ;)

No. You must enable TDB if you want to switch back and forth between AOKP and any MIUI based roms.

Ok, fingers crossed then! Good job on the roms though so far! Is it possible for you to build a paranoid android rom?

Can i request somethings that you could include in you're rom? :)

Skickat från min MI 2 med Tapatalk 4 Beta

well guys i have some sad news(for now) :( i am stopping builds until xiaomi releases kernel sources so we have better chance of fixing these issues. I had not had any killer issues but now i am finding alot of games crash and i want to get back to using my phone not just flashing things everyday. I will resume builds when we have more to work with. I am willing to update builds if someone still wants to use them, just to keep up with changes from AOKP/CM, but i will not be testing them...going back to miui for now. :(

Reactions: deini
Sorry to hear that m8 (even though I didn't use this rom personally), thanks for all your efforts!

Did Xiaomi officially announced that they are going to release kernel source, or do people just assume they will?

well guys i have some sad news(for now) :( i am stopping builds until xiaomi releases kernel sources so we have better chance of fixing these issues. I had not had any killer issues but now i am finding alot of games crash and i want to get back to using my phone not just flashing things everyday. I will resume builds when we have more to work with. I am willing to update builds if someone still wants to use them, just to keep up with changes from AOKP/CM, but i will not be testing them...going back to miui for now. :(

I would appreciate it very much :) maybe do weekly build from new sources or every other week?
Beacuse the AOKP team has nightly build every day now so it would always be fun with new features and bug fixes :).
I love AOKP and cm so much from using miui every day in a half year :p And yes i am a flashoholic :)

grondinm

Thanks for your efforts to bring another ROM to our beloved devices! :)

Let's wait for the kernel.;)

I know you're not working on the rom but calling is not working...

Skickat från min MI 2 med Tapatalk 4 Beta