[ROM] AOKP for Mi2

grondinm

Members
Jul 24, 2011
It is with great pleasure(and after allot of trial and error) that i bring you the swag of AOKP for our Mi2. I will do my best to keep this updated and try to fix issues.

Get roms here:
http://d-h.st/users/grondinm/?fld_id=20070#files

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/yCd0l

ChangeLog
Code:
2013-08-24
Sync upstream
New kernel enabling led blinking.

2013-08-14
AOKP Changes
Translations
Xiaomi Changes
New Kernel fixing screen wakeups

2013-08-08
AOKP Changes
2 Many to list(still 4.2.2)
Xiaomi Changes
New Kernel(Fixes screen tearing)

2013-07-13
AOKP Changes
QuietHours: Change Logic
Launcher2: Fix rotation bug
Many translation updates
Changes from xiaomi
add support camera imx132(front)(not sure what this actually does as the front camera already worked)

2013-07-13
AOKP Changes:
Changes in how sms's are handled and passed off to 3rd party apps.
My Changes:
Added Apallo and CMFileManager

2013-07-11
Nothing notable just a fresh build. Translation updateds from the AOKP team.
2013-07-08
My Changes:
Added CM LockClock(Clock widget with weather)

2013-07-06
AOKP Changes:
Nothing notable. Some Translations. Some Info fixes.
My Changes:
Added Icon for Torch App
Added Some Swager. See if you can fine it...:D

Known issues:
Some screen tearing when scrolling. (Fixed 2013-08-08)
Screen wakes up randomly on its own. (Fixed 2013-08-14)
for some reason CWM thinks the rom is not rooted...it is rooted not sure what's with that.

Installation:
Must have CWM installed
Place zip on sdcard
Reboot to recovery
Full wipe
Flash zip
Reboot
Enjoy the swag(and careful of the unicorns)

You must install latest gapps separately find them on goo.im

If upgrading you must re-flash gapps before you reboot.

Sources for modification i had to make:
https://github.com/grondinm?tab=repositories

If you find any issues let me know and i will look into them.

Thanks to the entire AOKP team, CM team and xiaomi.

You can donate litecoins to me LNMm61mooMckoKMsro3p7xSDNdqNPXe9Wn
or bit coins 15fnteaXgXQiU8FTX7HDuYJrK5hH8a8VDw

That is the only bug i have found. Rom has all languages supported by AOSP/AOKP.

what is not working?..i remember now that Mi2s has different camera that requires some changes...i will see if i can integrate those...but this is really for Mi2 as i do not have a Mi2s for testing....

Also Voice search seems to work now. Anyone else confirm?

AOKP for the Mi2? Sweeeeeeet :3

Looking forward to testing the rom out once you've uploaded it on dev-host :)

Dev-host link added. New build building. Nothing notable from the AOKP team but i did add a little more swag...if you can find it.

The only thing that has bugged me so far is the status bar when opening/closing an app. It flickers when the transparency is set to 0.

Aside from that, everything is working perfectly, and I applaud you for your great work. Keep it up!

new build posted. I will try to look into that later P-Sign i never noticed it as i use a dark theme and the status bar kinda just blends in with the home screen...

Reactions: MSephiroth
There is a problem, also present on the rom cyanogenmod: scrolling pages is choppy. Is there a fix?

new build posted. I will try to look into that later P-Sign i never noticed it as i use a dark theme and the status bar kinda just blends in with the home screen...
How should I flash the new version of Your Rom after the old one ? Should I do full wipe ?

No need to full wipe if upgrading from previous version. Just reflash gapps before reboot.

grondinm

WOW!!!:eek:

AOKP for Mi2 that's awesome... Will try it now!:D

How did you port it? Can you do some tutorial? Thanks!

专业顶帖组前来支持!感谢您的工作!

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can repair automatic brightness adjustment under the bug, and square switch is invalid, sleep dead problem

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

only if you have True dual boot enabled as the roms use different data structures and that would cause you some issues.

grondinm

Well I've testing your ROM, and it's fine until now. The only thing is the toggles that don't work by stock and the lack of Power Mode or anything to switch CPU like in QDT14.

ok.
i have cwm recovery and miui rom on system 2. To flash aok rom on system 1,it's necessary only enable true dual boot and after flash aok on system 1?

well when you enable true dual boot it will wipe your data partition. but yes that is all that is required.

dextructor. What toggles don't work. and yeah power modes/ cpu governors wont work since we don't have kernel sources to enable support in the kernel...