[ROM] AOKP for Mi2

I have only one problem in the statusbar when I downloaded several applications, notifications installation complete overlap with the time.

Does anybody test battery life?
For me batterylife isn't really a problem, I easily get one to one and a half day before I need to recharge.

It all depends on how you use your phone. I don't play a lot of games, rarely use GPS and I'm (almost) always connected to Wi-Fi.
I call maybe 10 minutes a day and use my phone for internet 1 to 2 hours total (whatsapp, facebook, chrome browser).

I don't know how you use your phone but I think 20 hours on one charge should be achievable.

If I'm not using my phone (calls, browse, games, GPS ....) I expect the battery to works about 5 days. Don't ask me why I did my phone to work so long, I will answer "Because I like that"
The people are different, you know!

If I'm not using my phone (calls, browse, games, GPS ....) I expect the battery to works about 5 days. Don't ask me why I did my phone to work so long, I will answer "Because I like that"

So have you ever found a smart phone that will do that??

If you want a smartphone to last for 5 days, even mostly idle, you should look elsewhere (Lenovo P780 or a Galaxy Note II for ex.) or keep extra batteries or a portable charger around.

My Xiaomi Mi2 last for 5 days :eek:)
Of course I've did some tricky stuff.
I'm using Tasker, and I have all powerful consummation sensors off, if I do not need them. I have sync task with the net on each hour. (mail, messenger, weather).
I'm putting my phone in airplane mode during the night. So its possible your phone to last for 5 even for 6 days in some cases
Most of the people do not need that, but I'm a lazy man and I even forget to put my phone on power supply, so battery life for me is very important :)

My Xiaomi Mi2 last for 5 days :eek:)
Of course I've did some tricky stuff.
I'm using Tasker, and I have all powerful consummation sensors off, if I do not need them. I have sync task with the net on each hour. (mail, messenger, weather).
I'm putting my phone in airplane mode during the night. So its possible your phone to last for 5 even for 6 days in some cases
Most of the people do not need that, but I'm a lazy man and I even forget to put my phone on power supply, so battery life for me is very important :)

Which ROM are you using?

I think you can reach that with any ROM available for our M2/S, just doing that kind of tricks Tutmos has said

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

I think you can reach that with any ROM available for our M2/S, just doing that kind of tricks Tutmos has said

I believe that applications like tasker or task killer etc themselves consume the energy they save from the applications they disable. Most tweaks like auto-syncing disabling can be achieved from the app/phone settings without external apps.
And to my opinion, ROM plays an important role in energy consumption.

Yes, but the bigger differences in terms of battery consumption, comes from the use of the phone. The ROM may be responsible for, let's say, 20% of the differences.
And 5 days is reachable with any ROM I think.
And sometimes apps like tasker, Llama, Greenify... can save you a lot of battery. Much more than the little they consume. While they do their things in the background, you'll need to turn on the screen to do it manually, and then it will cost more battery, for example.

Yes, but the bigger differences in terms of battery consumption, comes from the use of the phone. The ROM may be responsible for, let's say, 20% of the differences.
And 5 days is reachable with any ROM I think.
And sometimes apps like tasker, Llama, Greenify... can save you a lot of battery. Much more than the little they consume. While they do their things in the background, you'll need to turn on the screen to do it manually, and then it will cost more battery, for example.

I agree with you that the use is of major importance, but the ROM also plays a vital role. I've tested several ROMs in the 9 months I own this phone, without changing the way I use it (and I can say I make a quite moderate use, no gaming, no auto-syncing and only few calling) and I can say that from the one ROM to the other I've seen from little to big differences, with the most efficient being JLB14 (3-4 days without external apps for energy saving).
Now to our point, I am currently on latest cofface's cm10.2 and I am not satisfied with its battery life. Any other android 4.2+ ROM with good credentials concerning its battery life?

I think I found a little bug. I just bought a pair of headphones with mic and button on the cord, and the button does not work properly. It acts as the mouse left click, and there's no way to change it in the ROM options, nor with an external app. On the MIUI it works perfectly well, so it does on my sister's phone. Is it a ROM related problem? If so, does anybody know a fix or a workaround? Thanks in advance

OT: my headset is the Sony MDR-EX100AP, sound and comfort are quite spectacular, price is good : )

Edit system/usr/keylayouts/Generic.kl with Root Explorer, change binding for 257 code
"257 BUTTON_2" to "257 HEADSETHOOK"
Save, make sure file permissions are still rw-r--r-- and reboot.

Edit system/usr/keylayouts/Generic.kl with Root Explorer, change binding for 257 code
"257 BUTTON_2" to "257 HEADSETHOOK"
Save, make sure file permissions are still rw-r--r-- and reboot.

First of all thanks for answering. I've tried this, but nothing changed.
Plus I messed up everything and long story short now I have a really old backup that works and a newer backup corrupted.
Now I can''t find how to fix the backup because all the solutions in internet are erasing the md5 checksum and that's not what I need.
Is there a way to - given a backup plus the md5 checksum - try to fix it? It piss me off doing a complete backup and discovering when I need it that it's ****ed up!

Hi guys, nice rom, I'm trying it along with wiui. I just miss some little things from the wiui, and this will be perfect:
1) An integrated and yet simple network meter which put how much mb was used,in the pulldown notification menù...I need this function to give a rapid eye at what my network is doing...but I dont want another widget
2) something to blacklist your calls
3) to change lockscreen and home screen individually! How its possible that this one is not yet implemented? O_O

I'm trying to search something to fill these gaps but I've not found anything good enough like miui yet...

First of all thanks for answering. I've tried this, but nothing changed.
Plus I messed up everything and long story short now I have a really old backup that works and a newer backup corrupted.
Now I can''t find how to fix the backup because all the solutions in internet are erasing the md5 checksum and that's not what I need.
Is there a way to - given a backup plus the md5 checksum - try to fix it? It piss me off doing a complete backup and discovering when I need it that it's ****ed up!

Same issue, that fix don't works

Edit:I've found and tryed this, it works:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36944687

Reactions: David Bevi
Hell yes!
Thank you very much, now it works like it is supposed to do.
Summary: edit the /system/usr/keylayouts/Generic.kl file assigning HEADSETHOOK to key 256 - plus removing key 226

I'm glad it works for u too :)

I've a little bug: yesterday i noticed that, when you have hearphones connected and you are listening a song, if u receive a call it turn off the song (and this is ok) but nothing "ring", so i've to guess I'm receiving a call, or take my phone out of my pocket to check what's happening... i'm the only one? There's a fix for this?

Same thing. There's no ringtone nor vibration.

Hi guys. Nothing like this. All in all the mod works just perfect but the one littel thing - the indicator does not work
when charging. But again for me it is a trifle and I do not want to get back to MIUI because of that. Grandinm you
are a genius, thank you very much for the great job you've done.