[ROM][AOSP4.3] GDroid V0.3

@grondim
In your priority add T9 dialer at top please :)
Hope next build has inbuit T9 dialer

This feature is already built in to Android 4.3...just has to be turned on. Open up dialer hit menu button got to settings and turn on dial pad auto complete...i will see if i can turn this on automaticly....

Reactions: phani
So it seems frequency is set max. to 1200 and even so I think battery is draining faster.

Would love to hear everyone's impression on battery for this rom.

Also thanks for reminding about xposed as there is a theme manager for it compatible with my favourite theme. (Simplex :)!)

Enviado desde mi MI 2S usando Tapatalk 4

So it seems frequency is set max. to 1200 and even so I think battery is draining faster.

Would love to hear everyone's impression on battery for this rom.

Also thanks for reminding about xposed as there is a theme manager for it compatible with my favourite theme. (Simplex :)!)

Enviado desde mi MI 2S usando Tapatalk 4

Where do you get that cpu is maxed at 1200? Looking with cpu spy i see it hitting all freqs between 384 and 1512. Battery use seems to be about the same as any other rom maybe a little worse but i did use gps today so that drains faster...

Battery is ok for me.... & the response is so sneaky !!! i am loving this response !

@ Grondnim : can you help me choose themes or install themes pls ?
i have downloaded many themes in apk format & i followed some advices on how to install it. but i couldn't succeed in it....

Can you pls help me how to install themes on CM10 or 4.3 version pls ?

Hey guys. As Promised here is my custom rom based on AOSP 4.3.
TODO(these are pretty much in order of importance to me)
Integrate root/superuser
Integrate BusyBox
Change rom name in Build.prop
Add DSP Manager
Get Better bootanimation(anytime)
Add reboot option to power menu
Integrate Ad-Block
Integrate T-Mobile Theme engine
Thanks so much for this ROM -- it's exactly what I've been hoping for, since the official QDT14 build had issues that were dealbreakers for me on my MI2S. I've only had yours installed since yesterday, but I'm confident this will be just right for me! For what it's worth, I'm supportive of keeping this ROM on the lighter side -- I wouldn't mind the reboot option and the DSP manager, but other than that, if I wanted a lot of features (even theming or adblocking), I'd be looking toward AOKP or CM or other add-ons. With this one, all I've done is add Xposed to get Airplane Mode Helper working, and I'm happy as a clam.

In any case, I know this is your ROM, so my opinion is offered just as a suggestion, not a demand. ;) Thanks again!

Reactions: grondinm
This feature is already built in to Android 4.3...just has to be turned on. Open up dialer hit menu button got to settings and turn on dial pad auto complete...i will see if i can turn this on automaticly....

Didn't check :p
Anyways I was talking about Gravity-box post, Can you try it, as i installed CM10.1 just to know the difference in battery life, as in 4.3 it is draining a little fast even though phone in idle state

Just tested Xposed + GravityBox with this ROM and it works fine.

Not using the ROM regularly since it's still confusing especially coming from MIUI (plus I don't have my data here) but I'm liking where this is going ;)

I've noticed a bug that's probably upstream AOSP, but I wonder if it's possible to fix or worth addressing somehow: duplicate ringtone and notification sounds. In /system/media/audio, there are near-duplicates of several files; they differ in upper-lower case, but also in file size, but seem to sound the same to me. Here are the ones I've found so far:

under notifications:
Arcturus.ogg & arcturus.ogg
Vega.ogg & vega.ogg

under ringtones:
ANDROMEDA.ogg & Andromeda.ogg
CANISMAJOR.ogg & CanisMajor.ogg
Hydra.ogg & hydra.ogg
PERSEUS.ogg & Perseus.ogg
URSAMINOR.ogg & UrsaMinor.ogg

I don't know if the bug is in the mitwo-dev repository, the upstream AOSP source, or... ? It's a superficial issue, but still, it does irk the obsessive-compulsive part of me. :)

I've seen this duplicate ringtones on other non branded ROMs. Just delete the duplicate ones and life will be greater ;)

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

I've seen this duplicate ringtones on other non branded ROMs. Just delete the duplicate ones and life will be greater ;)
Fair enough, I just did that. But the next time I flash a newer version of this ROM, I'll need to do it again. So I thought maybe it would not be too much to suggest these be removed as part of the build of the ROM instead. :) That's not unreasonable, right?

Found one bug, when in call the screen goes black and buttons stop working, although the call goes through normally and after a while after hanging up the buttons start working again.

which buttons are you referring 2? I just placed a test call and put the phone up to me ear so screen would go black. Then pulled the phone away and all buttons worked...was able to bring up dialpad and press numbers and was able to go to home screen using home button...

@Grondinm: Can you guide me how i install different CM 10.1/2 themes on this CM 10.2 (4.3) version in Mi2S pls....
I am not getting any setting to change the themes & all the themes come in .apk file but not CWM flashable zip ! what & how should i make it work ? i didnt get any guide for Mi2S on the the internet.... thought may be some devs here might be knowing how to do it...

Help me please.... i would like to make it bit pleasing for my eyes also.... thanks in advance...

well your asking in the wrong thread for starters. This rom is based on AOSP and so does not have theme support....if you want to use themes you will have to install cm10.2 or use xposed framework....

Reactions: manohar
yes.... i figured it out when i installed CM 10.2 by cofface.... thanks for your reply...

Fair enough, I just did that. But the next time I flash a newer version of this ROM, I'll need to do it again. So I thought maybe it would not be too much to suggest these be removed as part of the build of the ROM instead. :) That's not unreasonable, right?
@grondinm, any chance you would consider adding the following to the updater-script for this ROM to clean out the duplicate sounds? I've created my own CWM update.zip to do just this, but if you included it in yours, then that would be one less step for me and a slightly more elegant ROM for you! :)

Code:
ui_print("Removing duplicate system sounds...");
delete("/system/media/audio/notifications/arcturus.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/notifications/vega.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/ANDROMEDA.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/CANISMAJOR.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/hydra.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/PERSEUS.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/URSAMINOR.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/alarms/Alarm_Classic.ogg");

@grondinm, any chance you would consider adding the following to the updater-script for this ROM to clean out the duplicate sounds? I've created my own CWM update.zip to do just this, but if you included it in yours, then that would be one less step for me and a slightly more elegant ROM for you! :)

Code:
ui_print("Removing duplicate system sounds...");
delete("/system/media/audio/notifications/arcturus.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/notifications/vega.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/ANDROMEDA.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/CANISMAJOR.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/hydra.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/PERSEUS.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/ringtones/URSAMINOR.ogg");
delete("/system/media/audio/alarms/Alarm_Classic.ogg");

I can do that but I would also be looking at all the build files to try and hunt down why they are doubled in the first place. Thank you for putting this together.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: ezekiel_quacks
As for why there are duplicates, it's most likely a cross platform issue.

Windows doesn't difference between capital and lower case letters in filenames.

A.BC is the same as a.BC is the same as a.Bc to Windows.

Linux (and Android) and Mac however do see them as different files.

This is most likely because the build script was made with Windows in mind and on there the different case copies would overwrite each other.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4