[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

This rom is stable?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi MI 2S mediante Tapatalk
Very happy so far, no FC at all. Some initial Camera problems but easily avoidable. V happy I made the jump from rc2 to rc9.

Wifi seems more stable for sure.

Running xposed, v4android, SuperSU, amplify, greenify, opengapps.

It's Not the fastest, most responsive LL Rom ever but for sure for me the most stable and usable.

Reactions: bugers
Very happy so far, no FC at all. Some initial Camera problems but easily avoidable. V happy I made the jump from rc2 to rc9.

Wifi seems more stable for sure.

Running xposed, v4android, SuperSU, amplify, greenify, opengapps.

It's Not the fastest, most responsive LL Rom ever but for sure for me the most stable and usable.
Duration of battery. Is good?

Duration of battery. Is good?

Idle state/non moving is v v good. Look at my statistics/graphs I've posted few posts back. But that was not with full app load yet. Probably now it's not that super low anymore.

When Moving/using, draining is as usual. Not much to do about it unless one makes other performance compromises. At least there are no unexpected drain issues.

Most important for idle battery life is amplify/greenify + full support in xposed for it.

Viper4Android doesn't really seem to work for the phone speaker (it does work for headphones though). Any alternative to boost the speaker volume?
turn off/disable/uninstall you audioFX, recomended change to Dolby Atmos

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Infinitely
Viper4Android doesn't really seem to work for the phone speaker (it does work for headphones though). Any alternative to boost the speaker volume?
find and open this file as root-user with a text editor:
a346232c8371151797551092e503b940.jpg

use es-fileexplorer
navigate to roughly 42% of the file

4a1b155a6288accd6f6dff8518ede0a2.jpg

change lineout and rx-values, from 66 and 68 to 71 and 73, I've tested these values to be safe, any higher can result in distortion of your phone speaker, possible damage, be warned.

4f205f9dce5ad3fe29b381e0cddec350.jpg

@bugers, can you implement these values in rc10 ?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Hi,

I just have installed RC9 after MIUI, I like much better the CM way of Android.
For some strange reason my phone shows me that I have only 3,45GB of storage, as you can see e.g. on the attached image.
What did I possibly wrong?

I was using MiFlash 2012.11.06 before. Now I downloaded the 2014.11.07 version what was recommended in the first post, to try if that helps me to solve my issue.
The new version is not flashing the phone, it gives me this error message:
"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation (0x8007000e)"

I wiped the system before flashing.

Do you have any idea?

I was using MiFlash 2012.11.06 before. Now I downloaded the 2014.11.07 version what was recommended in the first post, to try if that helps me to solve my issue.
The new version is not flashing the phone, it gives me this error message:
"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation (0x8007000e)"

I wiped the system before flashing.

Do you have any idea?

Ok, just to save this for the future: I found an option in TWRP at the end (somwhere, hidden) to extend the data partiotion, so I am happy now. I think it was under wipe/advanced/change file system.

So i'm trying to take a picture with miui camera app and freezes, not the phone just the app.I force close it and make a restart.When it loads the gui i realize that all the apps that need root need a confirmation again, supersu lost the stored data of apps?So i try to restore a backup i made today and i'm getting error 255.I got the recovery log here is the part :

==> extracting: //data/dalvik-cache/arm/data@app@com.google.android.gms-1@base.apk@classes.dex (file size 81580464 bytes)
### done extracting //data/dalvik-cache/arm/data@app@com.google.android.gms-1@base.apk@classes.dex
==> setting perms: //data/dalvik-cache/arm/data@app@com.google.android.gms-1@base.apk@classes.dex (mode 100644, uid 1000, gid 50019)
Restoring SELinux context u: object_r:dalvikcache_data_file:s0 to file //data/dalvik-cache/arm/data@app@com.google.android.gms-1@base.apk@classes.dex
E:Unable to extract tar archive '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/dd8d3328/2016-07-19--15-58-11_LMY49J/data.f2fs.win001'
I:Error extracting '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/dd8d3328/2016-07-19--15-58-11_LMY49J/data.f2fs.win001' in thread ID 0
E:Error extracting split archive.
E:extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR=255

Does anyone have a clue?Is it bad block?Bad backup?Google gave me little info about it.

Hello guys, after few weeks of usage (Rc 8)
My mi just suddenly keep shut down itself oftenly. While I tried turn the phone on again, a minute something it will shut down again. I am soooooo terrified that my phone be brick.
Then I let it rest for like 5-10 mins, and reopen, no more shutting down.

And this morning problems pop up again....Any idea what should I do plz...

PS. Everytime when shut down, my phone is becoming pretty hot...

Last edited:
Hello guys, after few weeks of usage (Rc 8)
My mi just suddenly keep shut down itself oftenly. While I tried turn the phone on again, a minute something it will shut down again. I am soooooo terrified that my phone be brick.
Then I let it rest for like 5-10 mins, and reopen, no more shutting down.

And this morning problems pop up again....Any idea what should I do plz...

PS. Everytime when shut down, my phone is becoming pretty hot...
pretty hot, you could install kernel adiutor, that app can control several thermal options in the kernel, maybe turning one off and another on will do the trick for you,

to verify it's software-related you could enter twrp, make a backup and make a clean install of another rom, install and use the same apps,

when the phone with the other rom also develops heat and turns off, then it could be hardware related,

or software related, depending on the apps you use, try de-installing some apps that you recently installed, see if that helps.

Let us know

pretty hot, you could install kernel adiutor, that app can control several thermal options in the kernel, maybe turning one off and another on will do the trick for you,
to verify it's software-related you could enter twrp, make a backup and make a clean install of another rom, install and use the same apps,
when the phone with the other rom also develops heat and turns off, then it could be hardware related,
or software related, depending on the apps you use, try de-installing some apps that you recently installed, see if that helps.
Let us know
Thanks for the advise, I will try on theses few days.
I just made a full wipe and upgrade to Rc9 yesterday, but the problem seems still here.

24/7/16: Tried everything I could do, better wait hotfix for next patch, ill flash back to miui at the mean time.....

Last edited:
Nobody experience the shutting down of the phone after using for 30 mins-1 hour with high accuracy gps? Even with the lowest brightness possibile, it eventually turned off cause I think it is too hot

Ok ... here is another riddle for you.Last night i put my phone to charge as i do every day for the last two years.Woke up in the morning, phone giving me a message tha encryption has failed.................. i'm sorry what???
I'm careful regarding security i don't install cracked apps but that behavior reminds me some ***** worms that encrypt data.Is it possible a hardware or software failure could trigger encryption without user acknowledgement?

Nobody experience the shutting down of the phone after using for 30 mins-1 hour with high accuracy gps? Even with the lowest brightness possibile, it eventually turned off cause I think it is too hot

All the time, when I reboot more than half the battery is gone.

Im the only one who doesn't found any problems?For me the ROM is perfect...no bugs just a bit of lag with pokemon go and multitasking but that is because the snapdragon 600 is no powerful enough... Too many years in his back...

Im the only one who doesn't found any problems?For me the ROM is perfect...no bugs just a bit of lag with pokemon go and multitasking but that is because the snapdragon 600 is no powerful enough... Too many years in his back...
maybe my friend. I loved the RC8, the RC9 it's so bad in terms of lag, multitasking, only the camera works better. I hope RC10 to be like RC8 and I will never update then.. I don't have enough time to reflash the RC8, that's my problem. I'll wait for RC10 and I hope it will not take long (with the required respect to Bugi he is not our slave, give him some lov3)

Same here. Maybe we can flash r10 next week.

maybe my friend. I loved the RC8, the RC9 it's so bad in terms of lag, multitasking, only the camera works better. I hope RC10 to be like RC8 and I will never update then.. I don't have enough time to reflash the RC8, that's my problem. I'll wait for RC10 and I hope it will not take long (with the required respect to Bugi he is not our slave, give him some lov3)
At first with RC8 didn't have any problem, then i flashed RC9 and it was kinda laggy and bluemail app didn't sync properly.So i went back to RC8 and a bunch of problems that i mention above came up.All installations were absolutely clean, even internal storage and the same exactly apps were installed with the same device setting.I'm starting to believe that it's more or less random.Some having problem with RC8 some with RC9, sometimes a version works sometimes not.Finally i flashed the latest miui first to be sure everything is clean and now i'm with RC9 which in contrast to my previous experience is not lagging at all!
In general the rom is very good, congrats to @bugers for his work and patience.

I'm also the one without problems on RC9, it is even better than RC8. I have no issues with this ROM.

To those having problems with RC9: do you use GAPPS? I personally would not pollute my phone with this kind of crap (and I mean google play services especially) since the time, they have released some new version (it was days of CM11) which completely broke up ability of making phone calls, then I've realized that you have no control over this software, you can't even freeze/pin its version, from time to time it drains battery via introducing buggy deadlocks and especially you don't know what it really do at all.

I'm also the one without problems on RC9, it is even better than RC8. I have no issues with this ROM.

To those having problems with RC9: do you use GAPPS? I personally would not pollute my phone with this kind of crap (and I mean google play services especially) since the time, they have released some new version (it was days of CM11) which completely broke up ability of making phone calls, then I've realized that you have no control over this software, you can't even freeze/pin its version, from time to time it drains battery via introducing buggy deadlocks and especially you don't know what it really do at all.

My post is for sure spam to the thread, but the miss of GAPPS today is sth difficult. You can't save a simple game for your free time, you cannot find your friends with Revolut, or SplitWise, I know, it's Android Pollution but it's like oil, we need it right now. I hope some day when microG become larger and bigger, that we won't need gapps anymore. And so for oil....

Reactions: rendolf