[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

yep, this one is near perfect :)

there remains some lag when opening settings or the drawer

hopefully CM-team or Bugi find solution for little more speed there

/or is f2fs the solution?

other than that: rock stable!

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: bugers
Announced info:
"20160822 - Public RC10.2"​
Actual file name:
"cm-12.1-20160818-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries.zip"​
Well... The date in changelog is the release date and on the zip maybe build date? Not sure.
Though you are right that the date in changelog should be same as in the file name.

hi all, i just mod this audio for this rom, this a ViperFX from MoKee rom, and dolby atmos from xda and some file Sony Beat audio, its work perfectly on rc9 i tested, if you want try this a link

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZ1xgfZgWdo40PgFx5K8aCNefcbsjHh7GQX

flash via recovery.
Note:
- you need SuperSU for enable the SELinux to premissive.
- Remove or disable the default AudioFX

Backup your system before cz the animation/visualizer on Locked Screen not running again, i still find the problem, maybe you or @bugers can help me
And its work again, need face unlock via Smart lock? try this

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZoHF2ZES2ahmafc8RfuquIVvJQ97smpSA7

Flash via recovery,,
Screenshoot
c851fdfc5256875519833dfc87903e3a.jpg
65efb8c14b847cb91bd9558fc00ef7a2.jpg
b448f36c93d6f315137d55e6aa72f5be.jpg
bfb9a3bd6f805de698e1467d34fe54fb.jpg

Get from mokee rom credit to he

Last edited:
Lately at the mornings, I missed many alarms. Not always. But it's not cool..

yep, this one is near perfect :)

there remains some lag when opening settings or the drawer

hopefully CM-team or Bugi find solution for little more speed there

/or is f2fs the solution?

other than that: rock stable!

Same here, v good so far. Previous release was turning phone into a stove. @bugers : nice job again

I'm flashing back to RC9. I'm suspecting that at least for me RC10 has following issues, but i haven't done consistent testing:
- there is ~2sec mute gap immediately after the call is connected (had same issue in RC8 but not RC9, now again in RC10)
- wifi: when leaving wifi signal while connected, it seems to stuck in connected wifi state and does not switch to mobile data. I also had to switch my hidden SSID to public, because phone would not connect otherwise to hidden wifi SSID

I'm back on RC10.2 after I've experienced strange and severe issues with mobile signal and audio quality during calls (I've just dirty flashed back RC9 and formatted dalvik and cache, btw I'm using firmware from MIUI 6.8.4_v8-5.0 for a long time already)

I'm using RC10.2. It is quite a change in experience after using Ivan's AOSP 4.4.4 for years, but I'm settling in happily.

I've noticed that the camera which is opened from a secure lock screen (that is, one that's secured with a PIN, for example) is different than the camera which is opened from an insecure lock screen (e.g., swipe). In the secure case, the OS starts an Android camera (com.android.camera2 version 2.0.002) which is otherwise hidden from the launcher. In the insecure case, a different camera starts up (I think that's the MIUI camera, right? It's com.android.camera version 1).

If I disable the com.android.camera2 using Titanium Backup, then the camera icon disappears altogether from the lock screen. If I try to change the lock screen shortcut behavior to start the com.android.camera version 1 instead, then activating the shortcut from a secure lock screen requires that I unlock the phone, which the default camera doesn't.

Is this intentional behavior or a bug? Any suggested workarounds? Thanks!!

Ok ... here is another riddle for you.Last night i put my phone to charge as i do every day for the last two years.Woke up in the morning, phone giving me a message tha encryption has failed.................. i'm sorry what???
I'm careful regarding security i don't install cracked apps but that behavior reminds me some ***** worms that encrypt data.Is it possible a hardware or software failure could trigger encryption without user acknowledgement?

I guess that that everything is fine. Phone was charged and then turned on and waits too long for password... and mystery solved? ;)

This ROM seems CPU intensive on my phone, but acts a little weird in that sense. As soon as I open Pokémon GO and play for a couple of minutes, the phone turns off.

If I turn it back on immediately and lock the screen, letting it rest for a little while, I can play for a couple of minutes more. Then it shuts down again (Like if I let the CPU cool down a little).

If I turn it back on and reopen the game immediately, or even use Whatsapp, the phone turns off instantly (CPU still hot, problem persists).

If I leave it off for a pretty long time, then turn it on and open some apps, it shuts down immediately (Wait, shouldn't CPU cool down even faster if phone is off?).

If I turn it on and leave the screen to lock on its own, in my pocket, I find out it turned off again when I get it out.

When my phone shut down after playing Pokémon GO I turned it on and opened Cooler Master immediately. It showed a temperature of 39.6 *C.

Without logs or stats from BBS or smth I can't do too much. I'm using phone as a daily driver with many apps working and almost everyday some which are using GPS/location services and looks fine for me. Anyway it sounds to me that you have something which is pressing device all the time and using all CPU power and makes it hot.
Latest versions of ROM have some changes in case of thermal, so keep updated and let us know when you found something.

I guess that that everything is fine. Phone was charged and then turned on and waits too long for password... and mystery solved? ;)
I have no password in my phone.Mystery is not solved, i can't understand how my phone tried to encrypt itself.But "problems" solved after flashing latest miui and cm after that.All fine running latest cm;)

maybe if bugers will public release his sources, we will see more roms and quicker development, who knows?
i hope bugi will bring android 6 to mi2

Really? I saw that many times in many projects and this never makes any changes.
Anyway I would be happy to get some help with development. I spent too many nights with this code and device 'alone' ;)

Well... The date in changelog is the release date and on the zip maybe build date? Not sure.
Though you are right that the date in changelog should be same as in the file name.

Exactly. Date in changelog is the release date. Date in filename is build date. Time between is testing period ;)

I have no password in my phone.Mystery is not solved, i can't understand how my phone tried to encrypt itself.But "problems" solved after flashing latest miui and cm after that.All fine running latest cm;)

I hope I was close ;) Yeah, It's weird but great to hear that you solved it.

Really? I saw that many times in many projects and this never makes any changes.
Anyway I would be happy to get some help with development. I spent too many nights with this code and device 'alone' ;)
I think many people would like to help but they don't have the knowledge for this - for example me, with only little knowledge of C++ and Java :(
Though I think it would be nice to keep the "OS" part and spirit from "AOSP" :)

@bugers Now that is stable enough for daily use, pls consider adding overclocking to the kernel.Even browsing starts to become a heavy task for our phones.And if you need a test subject i'm available.