[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Yes, all of them were applied a month ago with RC10.1+.

PS. @marvollo have you seen any other ROM for aries with working ril? I mean ROM with Android 6.0+?
My work with debugging it is really advanced, but I still think that this is really weird to go such deep to make it working.

New version available!

This version is next step to make our devices to live forever! ;)
Two new drivers: thermal and Hotplug and many optimizations, mostly for speed.

I would like to thank you to @X4nfire for working with me on this release and tests!

Have fun and don't forget to say thanks or support this and used project!

I can't update to this version, I have "Failed to mount '/system' (Invalid argument)" and system does not boot anymore.
Rolling back to previous version made my device working again.

I ******* love you bugers. Can I dirty flash this over RC10.1 by wiping dalvik and chache or is a /data wipe necessary?

I can't update to this version, I have "Failed to mount '/system' (Invalid argument)" and system does not boot anymore.
Rolling back to previous version made my device working again.

For me updating worked without any problems directly from RC10.2.

@bugers : This version is the best so far. Nice work as always!

No, I couldn't because the same error would show again each time. Also, I think TWRP automatically wipe cache after flashing a new ROM.

Hmm, do you have a Mi2 or Mi2S? Maybe it has something to do with a different partitionning…
I'm using a Mi2S, but since RC3 its necessary to use xiaomi_unified partitioning

@Yurienu have you checked the checksum? Maybe you have just corrupted file.
I thought the same but in my opinion a corrupted file doesnt fit to the error message of a invalid system partition. Nevertheless its worth to check for sure.

Ok I have Mi2S too, and md5 checksum is OK. And yes, I've been using RC 3 to RC 10.2 so I have the right partitionning

Ok I have Mi2S too, and md5 checksum is OK. And yes, I've been using RC 3 to RC 10.2 so I have the right partitionning
This is getting weird. Do you have enough free space on System ROM partition? That's only thing I can think off, but it's probably nonsense.

I had f2fs but when I formatted at RC9 when encrypting failed, it looked like I went back to ext4, that's the only difference left I can find with you if you all have f2fs. But I had RC9, RC10, RC10.1 and RC10.2 working great with ext4.
I will try to look my space left but RC11 is smaller in size, and I will also search for TWRP logs if there are any.

I had f2fs but when I formatted at RC9 when encrypting failed, it looked like I went back to ext4, that's the only difference left I can find with you if you all have f2fs. But I had RC9, RC10, RC10.1 and RC10.2 working great with ext4.
I will try to look my space left but RC11 is smaller in size, and I will also search for TWRP logs if there are any.
I have ext4 too, so that certainly is not the reason. The free space can be seen for example at Titanium Backup(I have 250 MB free from 1.05 GB), but there are surely more fitting apps to find this.

I can only see that I have 12,99 Gio left in Storage settings.

Here's the detailed log from TWRP:
Code:
Installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/cm-12.1-20160916-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries.zip'
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
I:Zip contains SELinux file_contexts file in its root. Extracting to /file_contexts
I:Legacy property environment initialized.
minzip: Extracted 4 file(s)
detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
about to run program [/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
about to run program [/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh] with 1 args
performing update
Patching system image unconditionally...
blockimg version is 3
maximum stash entries 0
creating stash /cache/recovery/5a79362318d00cf4c316e86435b3ed38dd35082d/
389763072 bytes free on /cache (0 needed)
 erasing 262144 blocks
BLKDISCARD ioctl failed: Invalid argument
 writing 137386 blocks of new data
wrote 137386 blocks; expected 137386
max alloc needed was 0
deleting stash 5a79362318d00cf4c316e86435b3ed38dd35082d
detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system at /system: Invalid argument
about to run program [/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
run_program: child exited with status 127
unmount of /system failed; no such volume
script succeeded: result was [0.200000]I:Updater process ended with RC=0
I:Legacy property environment disabled.

Not an expert but maybe somethings wrong with your filesystem.As a last solution you could back up your data, flash latest developer miui and then flash cm11 and restore data.

If something went wrong on my filesystem, I wouldn't be able to flash RC 10.2…
We can be sure that something changed in RC 11 because it is the only one not working…
I will try to make a diff between RC 10.2 .sh and RC 11 .sh files but I'm not sure that's the only thing that changed in this version.
That's also one of the reason I asked for open sourcing the rom so we could see the different commits between a version and another, and identify regressions.
I'm surprised to be the only one affected by this bug, but thank you all for looking for the bug with me x)

failed to mount /system,
did you full wipe and after error reboot into recovery and then without wipes install again¿ I've solved that error a few times like that. Though not with latest rc

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

No, I flashed directly from RC 10.2. I tried with and without uninstalling Xposed first.
After error, I couldn't boot, so I went back to recovery and flashed RC 10.2.
Do you use TWRP 3.0.2 guys? Is there a more recent version?

If it's not the filesystem why it affects only you since we all were at rc10.2?I use 2.8.7.0 so if other users use same version as you it must not be twrp related either.Weird....

give it a try, a data backup is easily restored

twrp 3.0.2-1 here

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I found these lines to be removed from the update script, what were their purposes and why were they removed?
Code:
--- a/cm-12.1-20160818-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
+++ b/cm-12.1-20160916-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
@@ -18,9 +18,6 @@ endif;
show_progress(0.750000, 0);
ui_print("Patching system image unconditionally...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
-run_program("/sbin/e2fsck", "-fy", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system");
-run_program("/tmp/install/bin/resize2fs_static", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system");
-run_program("/sbin/e2fsck", "-fy", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system");
show_progress(0.020000, 10);
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system", "");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "restore");

Edit: I just added back these lines in the script and zipped everything again, and I confirm I could flash ROM now. I just need an explanation on these lines now, and if it is possible to keep them for the next version. Thank you.

Last edited: