[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Yes but how do i find only 3 differences?These :

run_program("/sbin/e2fsck", "-fy", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/resize2fs_static", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system");
run_program("/sbin/e2fsck", "-fy", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system");

To find the differences, I unzipped the two RC zips and ran the command:
Code:
diff cm-12.1-20160818-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries/ cm-12.1-20160916-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries/
Then I found a file called "updater_script" which mentioned the /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system which happened to be the location of the issue I had, and by adding them back in the zip file, it was working again x)

However, my device is super slow with this RC, so I will eventually go back to RC 10.2, but that's another issue…

To find the differences, I unzipped the two RC zips and ran the command:
Code:
diff cm-12.1-20160818-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries/ cm-12.1-20160916-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries/
Then I found a file called "updater_script" which mentioned the /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system which happened to be the location of the issue I had, and by adding them back in the zip file, it was working again x)

However, my device is super slow with this RC, so I will eventually go back to RC 10.2, but that's another issue…

The question is how do we have different diffs, which means different updater scripts.Unless bugers uploaded a rom that took down after a while and only you(?) downloaded...?

e9fa0049f3.jpg

I compared the updater_script from RC 10.2 and the updater_script from RC 11?
RC11 doesn't have these lines, do you mean YOUR RC11 has these lines?

I don't understand, on your picture, on the left it's RC 11 and on the right it's RC 10.2, you have the same differences as I do!? ;)
Though I don't have linebreaks on lines 21-22-23.

I mean i have more lines on the updater script from the ones you posted before.I miss only 3 lines, you posted a lot more missing lines before.

Oh, I understand now, that's not how "diff" command work.
It shows you the few lines around the lines changed (so that you know the context). It is precessed by a "-" character if it's only on RC 10.2 and a "+" if it's only on RC 11 (as written on the first two lines). So if you look at the output of the diff command, there are 3 lines precessed by a "-" which are the same as yours.

So the cause of the problem remains cause you have the same updater script as everyone else, you were on rc10.2 as most of us and you use twrp as probably many people.
Edit : From what i read e2fsk is used for error checking on ext file systems so maybe you needed those lines to install rc11, because you had errors on filesystem.Maybe that's why rc10.2 did install.I wonder what will happen now if you try to install rc11 again without the lines you added on script, i mean the original file you downloaded.

Last edited:
There is also the resize2fs_static line. Since bugers removed them, he probably know better than us what these lines mean and will explain it soon or later.

Of course, if I try to flash the original RC11, I will encounter the same error as I did before.

Edit: Attached is a screenshot of the output of the e2fsck command, as you can see no issues on the partition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-18-10-06-08.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-18-10-06-08.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
After dirty flash I have for the very first time the Wi-Fi issue that you have described before. I cannot connect to Wi-Fi after the first deactivation of Wi-Fi module...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

And I lost mobile connectivity too many times. I shouldn't update. I'll go back to RC10.2. I hope this morning @bugers will show up with a patch for the Wi-Fi problem....

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Hello, I was away of this topic for a few months. The last version I tested was RC5 ou RC6 (but I'm not absolutely sure). I'd two really annoying bugs, as far as I remember: camera stopped (had to restart to get it working again) and after a long usage of the system 24 hours or more I had to restart it, because it would become really slow. Are those two things fixed? Thanks!

I formatted /system in order to solve the Wi-Fi issue. The Wi-Fi issue with a clean install was vanished, but now I have tooooo many Random Reboots, it's 20 times worse than RC8 times. I cannot even do anything. It's a clean install. Some times it cannot wake up after pressing power button. @bugers how to send you logs?

Edit: I had XPOSED, let's find out if that was the problem.....

Edit2: It was Xposed v86, now with v85 installed nothing happened yet.

Edit3: After 2 days with this ROM, the WIFI issue made a comeback. I rebooted many times to solved this temporarily.

Last edited:
I can't update to this version, I have "Failed to mount '/system' (Invalid argument)" and system does not boot anymore.
Rolling back to previous version made my device working again.
I have this exact same issue, so you're not alone. Rolling back now as I'll be gone on a work trip for a week or two and won't have time to look into it.

Does anybody try the Pico gapps? I cannot flash them with the rc11 + twrp 3.0(system space not enough I suppose)

Edit. I solved flashing hdmini gapps (md version actually)

My problem right now is that if I flash the rom with gapps, WiFi doesn't work, if not (without gapps), wifi works. How is it possible?

Last edited:
[...]
My problem right now is that if I flash the rom with gapps, WiFi doesn't work, if not (without gapps), wifi works. How is it possible?

Sounds quite strange. Maybe you should try to send some logs to bugers to give him the chance to solve it.
With microG since two days everything's running fine here. Only in the case youre are searching for an alternative.

Sounds quite strange. Maybe you should try to send some logs to bugers to give him the chance to solve it.
With microG since two days everything's running fine here. Only in the case youre are searching for an alternative.
Sometimes it worked even with the gapps. But just 1 out of 10 and after a reboot or power off it stopped working (both 3g, wifi and bluetooth).
I tried to flash now only the latest rc and miui and wifi is not working for both. Totally clean install (wiped all with latest twrp).
The problem started appearing with the rc06 (I think, the one from 5 of april), but only on 3g. If I flash back the rc06 right now, wifi is working with or without gapps.
I used fastboot package (6.1.28 miui) for the partitioning, before installing rc

I'm very satisfied with RC11. Problem with automatically switching between wifi/mobile network is solved. however sometimes phone can't connect to mobile data at all (when coming from no signal condition or from lost wifi signal). It is probably sometimes more often than convenient, usually turning off and on mobile data helps, but rarely doesn't. I had similar issue very rarely also on kitkat version and friend of mine with stock samsung rom confirmed me that it happens to him too, so it is like more general problem and it will be probably dependent on firmware and cellular network vendor and its firmware. I think if the frequency of this issue to happen would be lesser, I would personally declare this RC version as production version. Thank you for good job, bugers!

Last edited:
Sometimes mobile data doesn't work or takes long until I turn Bluetooth off.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

I'm happy as a lark to see you developing this rom. Testing it now and will see how it goes. Thank you very much!

I'm very satisfied with RC11. Problem with automatically switching between wifi/mobile network is solved. however sometimes phone can't connect to mobile data at all (when coming from no signal condition or from lost wifi signal). It is probably sometimes more often than convenient, usually turning off and on mobile data helps, but rarely doesn't. I had similar issue very rarely also on kitkat version and friend of mine with stock samsung rom confirmed me that it happens to him too, so it is like more general problem and it will be probably dependent on firmware and cellular network vendor and its firmware. I think if the frequency of this issue to happen would be lesser, I would personally declare this RC version as production version. Thank you for good job, bugers!
I had connectivity issue on a Galaxy a while ago. The phone wasn't switching on LTE after a call came in (it needs to switch into 3G mode during a call). The workaround was to use this Toggle2G app (designed to save power) which was configured to set off a switch under certain conditions from LTE/3G-3G/LTE. Perhaps one could find a wifi/network switching solution ?

Last edited: