[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Sometimes mobile data doesn't work or takes long until I turn Bluetooth off.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk
Have you found solution? I have the same problem with wifi on last miui.

Odoslané z MI 2S pomocou Tapatalku

Hi guys, I am still using RC2 and I want to update to RC11 now, but I am not sure if everything fits perfect.
I have one partition with 32GB, 27GB available.
Can anyone give me an advice, or a how to please?

[...] I am still using RC2 and I want to update to RC11 [...]
Can anyone give me an advice, or a how to please?

This is quite a great step. To avoid problems i would recommend to do a full wipe followed by a clean install. Lets see if i can give you some hints what to do:

1. Backup all your stuff and transfer all the backups to your computer, for your apps i recommend OandBackup (free on the F-Droid store) or Titanium Backup, dont forget your sms and call logs (also teh Backup-apps or SMS Backup and Restore) and of course your personal stuff like pictures etc.
  2. Get M1chas flashtools (unified_single_xiaomi) from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-2/orig-development/flashtools-miflash4linux-recovery-qdl-t3036730
  3. Restart your phone in the fastboot mode by pressing volume down and the power button when the phone is switched off and connect the latter to your computer
  4. Run the flash script (flash_core.bat when you use Windows, flash_core.sh for Linux/OSX. After that your phone wants to reboot. Remove the battery and restart it in the fastboot mode again.
  5. This time run the flash_partition_table_and_core script, again remove the battery after it has finished but this time you'll have to restart it in recovery mode (volume up and the power button)
  6. Format all the partitions like described in M1chas xda-thread above but you can also use fs2s instead of ext4.
    [...]recreate the filesystems for all partitions(system,data,cache,sdcard to ext4)[...]
  7. Get Bugers last release from here: http://www.aloneinthespace.cf/s/lasthope-rom.html
  8. Copy it to your phone and install it. For Gapps i recommend to keep an eye on MicroG ->HERE<- , alternatively you can install the lastest package from opengapps.org
  9. Move back all your stuff back on the phoneand restore your Backups

Should be all for now. ;)

Reactions: SamWeiß
This is quite a great step. To avoid problems i would recommend to do a full wipe followed by a clean install. Lets see if i can give you some hints what to do:

1. Backup all your stuff and transfer all the backups to your computer, for your apps i recommend OandBackup (free on the F-Droid store) or Titanium Backup, dont forget your sms and call logs (also teh Backup-apps or SMS Backup and Restore) and of course your personal stuff like pictures etc.
  2. Get M1chas flashtools (unified_single_xiaomi) from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-2/orig-development/flashtools-miflash4linux-recovery-qdl-t3036730
  3. Restart your phone in the fastboot mode by pressing volume down and the power button when the phone is switched off and connect the latter to your computer
  4. Run the flash script (flash_core.bat when you use Windows, flash_core.sh for Linux/OSX. After that your phone wants to reboot. Remove the battery and restart it in the fastboot mode again.
  5. This time run the flash_partition_table_and_core script, again remove the battery after it has finished but this time you'll have to restart it in recovery mode (volume up and the power button)
  6. Format all the partitions like described in M1chas xda-thread above but you can also use fs2s instead of ext4.
    [...]recreate the filesystems for all partitions(system,data,cache,sdcard to ext4)[...]
  7. Get Bugers last release from here: http://www.aloneinthespace.cf/s/lasthope-rom.html
  8. Copy it to your phone and install it. For Gapps i recommend to keep an eye on MicroG ->HERE<- , alternatively you can install the lastest package from opengapps.org
  9. Move back all your stuff back on the phoneand restore your Backups

Should be all for now. ;)
I can add this information to the explanation above:

for point 2. Once downloaded, you can replace the M1cha's recovery.img file for recovery.img from twrp 3.0.2 (found here: https://dl.twrp.me/aries/twrp-3.0.2-0-aries.img -remember to change the name to RECOVERY.IMG and replace the file). In this way you will install latest TWRP.

for point 6. You can use f2fs instead of ext4 in DATA and CACHE only. This configuration will give you a little more speed

Reactions: SamWeiß
Probably a silly question: if I just fastbooted a version of miui after 5.11.19, do I need the Micha's script? Cause I flashed the Bugers rom of april (rc5 or 6)with no problems, but I am still struggling with the latest one (clean install, wifi not working - don't know if related with the fact that I am using the phone without a sim card)

Probably a silly question: if I just fastbooted a version of miui after 5.11.19, do I need the Micha's script? Cause I flashed the Bugers rom of april (rc5 or 6)with no problems, but I am still struggling with the latest one (clean install, wifi not working - don't know if related with the fact that I am using the phone without a sim card)
this is another issue, different from the partition. try again with fresh downloaded zip

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

this is another issue, different from the partition. try again with fresh downloaded zip

Wifi not working, even downloading the rom again. I am on mi2 32gb and the wifi is working by flashing the cm12.1-04052016 Bugers version

I am pretty sure I followed all the rules, maybe it's my phone...

Wifi not working, even downloading the rom again. I am on mi2 32gb and the wifi is working by flashing the cm12.1-04052016 Bugers version

I am pretty sure I followed all the rules, maybe it's my phone...
I use the latest ROM with clean install. My Wi-Fi the first time (when I had F2FS the system also) didn't work, I reflashed the rom and I wiped the partition switching to ext4, and after the installation everything works ok.

Lately I flashed Viper4Android, and the in-call sound muted forever. I reflash everything. I want to know if someone find a solution for v4a to work flawless. Thanks

I use the latest ROM with clean install. My Wi-Fi the first time (when I had F2FS the system also) didn't work, I reflashed the rom and I wiped the partition switching to ext4, and after the installation everything works ok.

Lately I flashed Viper4Android, and the in-call sound muted forever. I reflash everything. I want to know if someone find a solution for v4a to work flawless. Thanks

You need to set your SELinux mode to permissive (at default it's set at enforcing). I used this app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2524485 This is what made V4A work for me. Also, I disabled the AudioFX app.

Not working even with /cache and /data ext4 formatted

Try flashing the latest miui developer rom and then cm.Of course backup everything first.
I tried three different miui developer rom (from Xiaomi eu) and no WiFi in any of them or after flashing cm (tried every possible combination)

Last edited:
I have to take back my previous rc11 comments about mobile network connection problems. As it turned out, it was caused by my mobile operator, it was reported by many users on our local user forum (device independent) and officially confirmed by operator. Now they claimed that it is fixed, and my experience confirmed so, so it was not related to this ROM or device.

Anyone know if I can "dirty flash" RC11 safely over RC10.2, or if I need to do a backup/wipe/clean install/restore instead? Thanks in advance.

@ezekiel_quacks It should be possible - I flashed RC11 this way.
Also on @bugers page is antoher release of this ROM - though it's not a Release Candidate, but final ROM according to the changelog! Nice work :)

I can't update to this version, I have "Failed to mount '/system' (Invalid argument)" and system does not boot anymore.
Rolling back to previous version made my device working again.
Come on, we talked about this issue for a whole page, even found a solution, and it’s still there in the “final” version, one month later…

Again my wifi doesn't work with the last Bugers rom unfortunately! Clean flash install but nothing changed as the previous one. I don't know why, only an old version of Bugers (04052016) doesn't cause me any problem with wifi. Flashing some miui rom (developer or not) gave me the same result (no WiFi connection possible). Tried everything (different fastboot and zip rom or different twrp)

thank you Bugi, it's wonderful final edition! thank you so much for sharing and cheers. Will you continue with Nougat?

here I made completely clean install, all wipes (2x f2fs) and installed through adb sideload. after initial boot, WiFi didn't work, after rebooting and installing pico-gapps (I 'need' the Google cast-option) the WiFi works flawless.

system is nicely fast,
in kernel adiutor I changed i/o to noop (why bfq Bugers? well, what do I know... :) ), gpu to performance, cpu minimum freq to 486Mhz and all voltages minus 75mV

yep, ordered a new battery, let's go another year mi2s !

thank you Bugi, it's wonderful final edition! thank you so much for sharing and cheers. Will you continue with Nougat?

here I made completely clean install, all wipes (2x f2fs) and installed through adb sideload. after initial boot, WiFi didn't work, after rebooting and installing pico-gapps (I 'need' the Google cast-option) the WiFi works flawless.

system is nicely fast,
in kernel adiutor I changed i/o to noop (why bfq Bugers? well, what do I know... :) ), gpu to performance, cpu minimum freq to 486Mhz and all voltages minus 75mV

yep, ordered a new battery, let's go another year mi2s !

Can you send me the Pico gapps link, please? Did you flash the rom, reboot and then flash the gapps or just flash both at the same time?