[ROM] FascinateMTD 1.12.30

weblexa

Members
Nov 4, 2011
Sorry for the delay. Here's the last MIUI release of 2011! Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

I have upgraded the kernel to Glitch v13.1. This should eliminate the random keyboard pop-ups. :)

If you come across any bugs, please upload a logcat and I'll take a look. Its very hard to pinpoint an issue without a logcat. :)

Download: http://goo.gl/hfiOS
md5: 02df042db2ed66d936b93504f853e22d

I recommend using the EC09 radio with MIUI. Other radios randomly drop data.
Download EC09 here: http://goo.gl/Vtjiu and flash with Odin.

PATCH FOR NON-VERIZON DEVICES
If you're using a Non-Verizon device, flash this over the weekly release. I take no credit for this patch, as I did not create it. Credit goes to massaint. I'm just including it in my thread so people can find it easier.

Download: http://goo.gl/WZ0T0
md5: 501d61ee0d837db04af8620150c72c0b

Enjoy!

Follow me on Twitter for instant release notifications: @weblexa

Known Bugs / Fixes

Bug Fixes / Changes:
1. Upgraded kernel to Glitch v13.1 - Should eliminate random keyboard pop-ups.

Known Bugs:
1. Facebook Contact Sync only syncs all Contacts even when "Sync to existing contacts" is selected
2. On occasion, Alarm sound will not shut off when hitting the snooze button. Battery pull is required to turn alarm off

Phantom Ring ?

Thanks a lot for your effort in bringing an official port of miui to the fascinate !

I want to know if this version is also affected with the phantom ring bug ? that is the only concern i have with the CM7/AOSP/MIUI roms on fascinate.. That phantom ring keeps the phone in 100mHz, not allowing deep sleep and thus suckin out the battery big time :(

Thanks for supporting the fascinate in another venue! only bug I have noticed on 1.11.18 is signal bars are broken

Thanks a lot for your effort in bringing an official port of miui to the fascinate !

I want to know if this version is also affected with the phantom ring bug ? that is the only concern i have with the CM7/AOSP/MIUI roms on fascinate.. That phantom ring keeps the phone in 100mHz, not allowing deep sleep and thus suckin out the battery big time :(

I haven't noticed the phantom ring in this build. It wasn't in 1.11.11 either. Battery life has been great too! Give it a try, let me know you experience the phantom ring.

if you want to be lazy I already made the smali edits in the systemUI.apk I can send you the file if you want it here is the link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24231068/SystemUI.apk

Any idea why when flashing this the status bar completely disappears? I put this in my 1.11.18.1 release and Odin'd to Stock then flashed my 1.11.18.1 and when I booted up, the status bar was completely gone. However, if I update to 1.11.18.1 from 1.11.18, the status bar is there. Any thoughts?

Any idea why when flashing this the status bar completely disappears? I put this in my 1.11.18.1 release and Odin'd to Stock then flashed my 1.11.18.1 and when I booted up, the status bar was completely gone. However, if I update to 1.11.18.1 from 1.11.18, the status bar is there. Any thoughts?

That's very intresting, and I will look into it. I cant give you a honest answer right now, all I did was baksmail the apk edit StatusBarPolicy.smali apkt()V and recompile it. did you get my pm on xda?

Phantom Ring is very much existing !

Hey weblexa.. before proceeding further, i m very thankful to u for taking up the development of miui roms for fascinate, I luv these miui roms and sincerely follow all the threads involving this rom ! its really good tht u took it up for us :)

As already mentioned, the fascinate is also used by a few non-verizon users (helped my massaint for miui rom geting their Data working). I have a doubt that the phantom ring is now existing only in the Non-Verizon Fascinates using MIUI roms, basically the ones with any other carrier have this issue i believe !! And its recurrence is pretty much predictive. Please go through the details given below:

When: The Phantom ring occurs only and immediately after a Network notification ( i dont know the exact term, but it is not the regular notification tht comes & stays like sms/mails etc). This network notification is something like a popup window which throws up whenever the cell phone latches on to a particular network. (you may never experience this if the network coverage circle is very big, meaning you dont change circles and hence dont latch on to different circles sometimes)

Reproduce process: This can be easily reproduced in my phone using a simple step like Airplane mode toggle. Every time i come from airplane mode, my phone will search for network and throw a popup of some specific network area its connecting to. Immediately, the phantom ring starts and will not end untill some one calls you or you call yourself ( basically, untill we invoke the dialer). After that step, the phantom ring is gone, untill the next network alert popup. So every time i toggle airplane mode, i get this phantom ring and not just airplane toggle, even otherwise, when you cross the network area of one tower/to another also you get this phantom ring.

Setup I am using:
Non-verizon fascinate with miuiandroid weblexa's miui 1.11.18 (with update pack) + Massaint's patch for data on non verizon fassy

I can try to help as much as i can by taking a logcat or anything tht may be required to fix it. I am sure it can be fixed (why not? it was fixed fr the regular fascinate.. :) ) I just need some info and engineering on this issue :)

Hey weblexa.. before proceeding further, i m very thankful to u for taking up the development of miui roms for fascinate, I luv these miui roms and sincerely follow all the threads involving this rom ! its really good tht u took it up for us :)

As already mentioned, the fascinate is also used by a few non-verizon users (helped my massaint for miui rom geting their Data working). I have a doubt that the phantom ring is now existing only in the Non-Verizon Fascinates using MIUI roms, basically the ones with any other carrier have this issue i believe !! And its recurrence is pretty much predictive. Please go through the details given below:

When: The Phantom ring occurs only and immediately after a Network notification ( i dont know the exact term, but it is not the regular notification tht comes & stays like sms/mails etc). This network notification is something like a popup window which throws up whenever the cell phone latches on to a particular network. (you may never experience this if the network coverage circle is very big, meaning you dont change circles and hence dont latch on to different circles sometimes)

Reproduce process: This can be easily reproduced in my phone using a simple step like Airplane mode toggle. Every time i come from airplane mode, my phone will search for network and throw a popup of some specific network area its connecting to. Immediately, the phantom ring starts and will not end untill some one calls you or you call yourself ( basically, untill we invoke the dialer). After that step, the phantom ring is gone, untill the next network alert popup. So every time i toggle airplane mode, i get this phantom ring and not just airplane toggle, even otherwise, when you cross the network area of one tower/to another also you get this phantom ring.

Setup I am using:
Non-verizon fascinate with miuiandroid weblexa's miui 1.11.18 (with update pack) + Massaint's patch for data on non verizon fassy

I can try to help as much as i can by taking a logcat or anything tht may be required to fix it. I am sure it can be fixed (why not? it was fixed fr the regular fascinate.. :) ) I just need some info and engineering on this issue :)

Thanks for the feedback! Can you please provide a logcat? I'll do whatever I can to try and resolve the phantom ring issue on non-Verizon Fascinates but please do understand this port was meant for the Verizon Fascinate as that is the phone I am currently using so I don't have a way to confirm if the phantom ring issue is resolved on non-Verizon Fascinates. If you can provide a logcat, I may be able to pinpoint the issue and I'll see what I can do.

smail1.gif

Thanks for the feedback! Can you please provide a logcat? I'll do whatever I can to try and resolve the phantom ring issue on non-Verizon Fascinates but please do understand this port was meant for the Verizon Fascinate as that is the phone I am currently using so I don't have a way to confirm if the phantom ring issue is resolved on non-Verizon Fascinates. If you can provide a logcat, I may be able to pinpoint the issue and I'll see what I can do.

Thats great and can help us greatly :) I am ready to give you whatever info required that can help you iron out the bugs specific to non-verizon fassy.

for the logcats.. what software shall i use and what file would u expect ? a txt file which has a log of the fone the moment it is put into airplane & out (this is one occasion when phantom ring starts) ?

Thats great and can help us greatly :) I am ready to give you whatever info required that can help you iron out the bugs specific to non-verizon fassy.

for the logcats.. what software shall i use and what file would u expect ? a txt file which has a log of the fone the moment it is put into airplane & out (this is one occasion when phantom ring starts) ?

Download and install Terminal Emulator from the Android Market if you don't already have it installed. After you experience the Phantom Ring, open Terminal Emulator and type the following commands:

su <enter>
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt <enter>

This will print the logcat to a file named logcat.txt in the root of your SD Card. If you can upload logcat.txt to a file hosting service like mediafire.com and PM me with the link, or attach it to a post, I can take a look at it.

Web if you want to also port the mes build, I will give a hand with the port. I do the cdma ports for the desire and got asked to help porting miui to the mes by dfgas and others. After getting it on the phone with only mms messed up to the point of needing the fascinate radio and relaying what all needed changed to dfgas. To only turn to a bitch fest with them. In which I would watch as I see you already stepped on his shows and others that back him. Already on he twitter account about it :)

How ever if you are up for it if you don't have ota support working I can host the builds for the ota support. Along with get it working. There is also a few things I know isn't in the other builds that would be nice if it was. You can pm me here if you like.

Web if you want to also port the mes build, I will give a hand with the port. I do the cdma ports for the desire and got asked to help porting miui to the mes by dfgas and others. After getting it on the phone with only mms messed up to the point of needing the fascinate radio and relaying what all needed changed to dfgas. To only turn to a bitch fest with them. In which I would watch as I see you already stepped on his shows and others that back him. Already on he twitter account about it :)

How ever if you are up for it if you don't have ota support working I can host the builds for the ota support. Along with get it working. There is also a few things I know isn't in the other builds that would be nice if it was. You can pm me here if you like.

Edit: Also I see you were asked in your thread what was different between miuiandroid builds and miui.us. Where the last time I flashed or ported from a miui.us version ( Been about two months ) The miui.us builds were over all slow and glitchy. Followed by differences in the way it is translated. In turn I recall for say the calender starting a different week then the others. It was this way in several different locations. Along with mark had the rom 99% translated where miui.us versions had several locations not done. If this is the case now or not though I am not sure. Though I will say the users that use miui prefer my builds from mark's stuff over miui.us's.

I'd love to help out, however, at this point, I'm not sure I'm ready for it. Quite honestly, I'm still developing my skills and I'm not sure I'm ready to assist with anther port. I've been str u ggling with the 1.11.25 port for the Fascinate and need to fine tune my skills there at the moment. Thanks for the offer. :)

And as for Dfgas and those guys, I'm not worried about them... They can say what they want. I've gotten permission from the miuiandroid staff to port an official Fascinate ROM, so who are they to say my port doesn't belong to any miui site? If I somehow misunderstood Mark, I'm sure he'll let me know, but until then, I'm just trying to become a dev for miuiandroid so I can give what I can to the Android community.

I see you seen what I did lol. What you need help with? I also wasn't meaning doing the initial porting as I still have a mes. Just don't have time between kernels, cwm builds and the desire stuff to do the builds every week. Then right now playing with the electrify to get miui on it also. How ever if you need help with something you can pm me. Then I will give you my gtalk to see if I can give a hand with what you are stuck on.