ROM for Redmi Note 12 Turbo

Update:

Even the GLOBAL rom (marble_global_images_V14.0.4.0.TMRMIXM_20230426.0000.00_13.0_global_67a069bce1.tgz) has the same error Mobile network not available while calling out, incoming call would stop within a few seconds neither.
Well, if an official ROM has that issue, that's very sad indeed.

Well, if an official ROM has that issue, that's very sad indeed.
Getting the idea from this thread https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/poco-f5-pro-call-problems.69144/
I've finally made the phone call works on my Chinese Mainland version Redmi Note 12 Turbo with EU Marbel rom.

Here are the steps:
1. extract the modem.img from Redmi Note 12 Turbo China stock rom marble_images_V14.0.19.0.TMRCNXM_20230426.0000.00_13.0_cn_5fc5692104
2. download the xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.19.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip and unzip it to a folder
3. use the img file from 1 to replace the same name file under the unzip folder -> images
4. reboot the phone to fastboot mode, and connect it to PC
5. run the windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat script under the unzipped folder, as I'm running a windows system
6. wait for the process completed then reboot to system and setup the phone.

I called my friend successfully and have a talk about 2 mins, also ask for a call back and talked for another 2 mins, it worked well and no more Mobile network not available error.

After going through from Chinese ROM -> GLOBAL ROM -> XIAOMI.EU, I'm sure that I love the XIAOMI.EU ROM most. Thank you very much.
I will keep experiencing my modified EU rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: RENZO13
Getting the idea from this thread https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/poco-f5-pro-call-problems.69144/
I've finally made the phone call works on my Chinese Mainland version Redmi Note 12 Turbo with EU Marbel rom.

Here are the steps:
1. extract the modem.img from Redmi Note 12 Turbo China stock rom marble_images_V14.0.19.0.TMRCNXM_20230426.0000.00_13.0_cn_5fc5692104
2. download the xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.19.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip and unzip it to a folder
3. use the img file from 1 to replace the same name file under the unzip folder -> images
5. run the windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat script under the unzipped folder, as I'm running a windows system

I called my friend successfully and have a talk about 2 mins, also ask for a call back and talked for another 2 mins, it worked well and no more Mobile network not available error.

After going through from Chinese ROM -> GLOBAL ROM -> XIAOMI.EU, I'm sure that I love the XIAOMI.EU ROM most. Thank you very much.
Its a temporary unofficial workaround that could stop working after a update.

Reactions: Birraque

Here are the steps:

ive extracted the china rom but no modem.img to be found. is it the NON-HLOS.bin? how to convert it to modem.img?

Here are the steps:

Hi, can you please throw off the modem file from the Chinese Redmi firmware, otherwise it's unclear how to get it.

Hi, Has anyone met the NFC issue? I use a SIM wallet and google pay separately in Poco F3. After I changed F5, the setting seems to change, I can't see "Secure Element Position" and "Contactless Payments" setting in F5. The only setting is "Payment Dauflt", I can't use SIM wallet and Gpay in the same time. Another issue is when I select " SIM wallet", It will change back to "Embedded Secure Element" automatically. Does someone know is it an issue or Google make some changes?

The white background is F3 Setting. The dark background is F5 setting.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 286436.jpg
    286436.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 286435.jpg
    286435.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 3,255
  • 286437.jpg
    286437.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 286438.jpg
    286438.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 161

Here are the steps:

Doesn't make any sense. The modem image in both is identical, you can check for yourself.
This is not a surprise since we use China ROM as base and don't touch modem image.

Its a temporary unofficial workaround that could stop working after a update.
Yes, you are right. I have to flash the base rom modem file after every update if it's still not solved officially.

I'm in EU stable build so I don't think I will update the system that often. At least my phone could run the xiaomi.eu for daily use now.

Last edited:
Doesn't make any sense. The modem image in both is identical, you can check for yourself.
This is not a surprise since we use China ROM as base and don't touch modem image.
I totally understand it.
I did check the size and SHA256 for those 2 modem files, they are identical. So, it's very hard to explain the case.
But the fact is EU rom does have the Mobile network issue to me, and the stock Chinese rom doesn't.
Magical the phone call works after I replaced this identical file in EU rom.

ive extracted the china rom but no modem.img to be found. is it the NON-HLOS.bin? how to convert it to modem.img?
the NON-HLOS.bin is the modem.img but in different type of roms.

Hi, can you please throw off the modem file from the Chinese Redmi firmware, otherwise it's unclear how to get it.
rather than providing you the file, I would recommend you following the steps to get the one from you base rom version, as this is an unofficial workaround, and you need to understand the risk.

1. download the Fastboot Type of your Chinese stock rom
2. get a tool from github called payload_dumper
3. follow the instruction in Guide section of the payload dumper github readme.md page
4. then you will get the modem.img file dumped in the folder

Good luck.

I totally understand it.
I did check the size and SHA256 for those 2 modem files, they are identical. So, it's very hard to explain the case.
But the fact is EU rom does have the Mobile network issue to me, and the stock Chinese rom doesn't.
Magical the phone call works after I replaced this identical file in EU rom.
I also flashed the same modem.img you mentioned. I extracted it from stock china firmware V14.0.19.0.TMRCNXM. Unfortunately it did not work. Same problem as before. I can make a call to anyone but not the other way. The same problem persist when I flashed global EEA rom to my 12 turbo. The stock china rom is the only one that works.

Sorry for my guesses. Maybe in miui there is something similar to CarrierConfigOverlay, which is somewhere in the system partitions?

Bought Redmi note 12 turbo . had the same issue when installed XIAOMI.EU ROM . Had to go back to stock rom . ( try disable the 2nd sim and see )

Also, am having issue with the internet . Most of time won't work when enabled dual sim . When use only 1 sim it gets better

I can confirm disabling the 2nd sim makes the internet work all the time and high speed with 5G . This is on stock (china) model

This rom is working well on my Redme Note 12Turbo (China Version) for more than a month
I had an issuue when migrating the software from my old mobile , so some messaging apps did not cooperate well (Google vs Xiaomi).
I use just one SIM and have a good 4G/ 5G connection most of the time. Seldom reboots are needed if the network is bad (Edge) and when back into a better area, it may not be noticed.

The rom is stable and responsive, good voice quality.

Will run an update today.

Here are the steps:

i Tried to use it and also other miui mod firmware like miui.eu stable rom, ,miuitn,eliterom ,custom rom like evoX,derpFest rom ,global stock rom ,miui stock Indonesia rom.

but all of them have cellular fluctuating issue and in global rom one of our telco lock at 4G and it's not going to have 5G even i toggle in the setting the preferred network to 5g and I don't know what is the really issue but when revert back to China Stable rom that's come with the Redmi note 12 turbo there's no problem.. only stock china rom is the only rom that works with no issue in calls and USSD code in telco...

Last edited:
I use various Xiaomi Phones since 2013 and I never encountered such problems as we all experience with this Redmi Note 12 Turbo.
How come this phone can function normally only with stock China ROM? Why do we have this mobile signal problem with official Poco F5 ROM? And what is more weird is that xiaomi.eu ROM has this signal problem, though it is built on the same stock China ROM with the same unmodified modem. How can that be and why? Is it possible that Xiaomi made some deliberate obstacle for users outside China to protect their global sales? If it is the case, is it not possible at all to find and fix it? Or are Xiaomi developers so good at hiding this obstacle that nobody can find it? It there any hope? It would be highly appreciated if respected Igor (or his colleagues) could tell how good or bad the perspective of getting this phone to work properly looks.

Reactions: senerex
I use various Xiaomi Phones since 2013 and I never encountered such problems as we all experience with this Redmi Note 12 Turbo.
How come this phone can function normally only with stock China ROM? Why do we have this mobile signal problem with official Poco F5 ROM? And what is more weird is that xiaomi.eu ROM has this signal problem, though it is built on the same stock China ROM with the same unmodified modem. How can that be and why? Is it possible that Xiaomi made some deliberate obstacle for users outside China to protect their global sales? If it is the case, is it not possible at all to find and fix it? Or are Xiaomi developers so good at hiding this obstacle that nobody can find it? It there any hope? It would be highly appreciated if respected Igor (or his colleagues) could tell how good or bad the perspective of getting this phone to work properly looks.
i feel you too.. but the miui.eu is china base but some of the apps or apk there is modified thats why maybe i guess because the phone apk in the china rom is different in the eu rom and global.

and also the preferred network in setting in china stable rom is SA+NSA but in miui eu its SA only..

and also in miui.eu stable rom theres app like banking app cannot work even though its passes the safety net like GOtyme Bank app in our country but in globa stable of elite rom it can run with no problem and with official china stable rom with come with the devices

and also the preferred network in setting in china stable rom is SA+NSA but in miui eu its SA only..
Well this would mean that the phone connects only to towers that have new 5G hardware whereas the NSA mode uses existing 4G towers that were modified a little bit as 5G. So that might be the explanation for the signal problem.

i feel you too.. but the miui.eu is china base but some of the apps or apk there is modified thats why maybe i guess because the phone apk in the china rom is different in the eu rom and global.

and also in miui.eu stable rom theres app like banking app cannot work even though its passes the safety net like GOtyme Bank app in our country but in globa stable of elite rom it can run with no problem and with official china stable rom with come with the device

In my case there are no problems with banking apps or even GPay. The only REAL problem that renders 12 Turbo unusable is mobile network falling off. And for now it's not fixed.