ROM for Redmi Note 12 Turbo

whaaat
if we back to china still didn't work call !!?
that is a shame for xiaomi ..
check and tell as plZ
no, if u back to Chinese version everythin is working ok
I'm still using China ROM no problems, jsut delete Chinese app install GPlay Store done

Today i went back to CN version, call problem gone... (Bootloader still Open)

Flashed then xiaomi.eu Rom, and Test now
Would be good to fix this in Xiaomi EU Rom :(

- Global V14.0.6.0.TMRMIXM => NOK
- EEA V14.0.7.0.TMREUXM => NOK
- XIAOMI.EU V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM => Test ongoing
- CN V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM => OK

Last edited:
Reactions: senerex

Just a kind of summary about this Marble phone call problem, based on my experience and other user comments so far

ROMPOCO F5 (Global Version)Redmi Note 12 Turbo (Chinese Version)
Global Official eg. Global V14.0.6.0.TMRMIXMOK (Original Stock ROM)NOT OK
EEA Official eg. EEA V14.0.7.0.TMREUXMOKNOT OK
Chinese Official eg. CN V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXMOKOK (Original Stock ROM)
XIAOMI.EU eg. XIAOMI.EU V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXMOKNOT OK / OK? (depends on Country/Region/Carrier)
Other Custom ROMsOKIt seems OK (need more info)

And besides of the ram and storage, another difference is that POCO F5 (Global) has more 4G/5G bands support than RN12Turbo (Chinese).

We all know EU is based on the CN rom, we expect it should keep the base line for the Chinses version phone. just IMAO, maybe we'll consider reviewing the recipe of cooking the CN ROM to EU ROM, at least for this codename.

Last edited:
Reactions: senerex
Just a kind of summary about this Marble phone call problem, based on my experience and other user comments so far

XIAOMI.EU eg. XIAOMI.EU V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXMOKNOT OK / OK? (depends on Country/Region/Carrier)

And besides of the ram and storage, another difference is that POCO F5 (Global) has more 4G/5G bands support than RN12Turbo (Chinese).

We all know EU is based on the CN rom, we expect it should keep the base line for the Chinses version phone. just IMAO, maybe we'll consider reviewing the recipe of cooking the CN ROM to EU ROM, at least for this codename.
also xiaomi.eu is not working for my carrier/country....
yes you are right, some 4G/5G bands are missing, but on the other side, i have the 12G Ram/512GB Storage version ... also 1TB is available.

looking forward, that anybody find the root cause soon, i guess the way would be to find the key parameter in xiaomi.eu version...

Last edited:

i tried the latest tiwan update V14.0.5.0.TMRTWXM and it seems the issue has been fixed . I only had the issue today when i received a call and i thinks because low signal on 5g .

Lucky, I still have the problem even on the stock firmware, of course it began to appear less, but still I can't fully call. I tried it before and the Chinese firmware worked great, but now it has the same problems as custom and global. I have no idea what else to do. I hope xiaomi eu will solve the problem

Lucky, I still have the problem even on the stock firmware, of course it began to appear less, but still I can't fully call. I tried it before and the Chinese firmware worked great, but now it has the same problems as custom and global. I have no idea what else to do. I hope xiaomi eu will solve the problem
i had same issue because i tried many rom's. just flash evoluation or any custom rom ( not miui ) and then install stock firmware
and everything should be okay.

Are you better today?
now am on the latest global . everything smooth except today i installed Whatsapp Business to try the 2nd sim . i got the auto call from whatsapp and entered the code and used the app. second's later lost signal of the 2nd sim for only second and everything is okay afterwards .

the issue is from the rom. However, the rom can be used as daily driver .

i will try the latest eu update and see what will happen .

i installed the latest eu update and the problem is back .

i start to lose the signal once i try to make call on the 2nd sim . i change it to 2g and it's better.

i went back to instal the taiwan update but that didn't fix the problem

i am still on xiaomi.eu ROM 14.0.23
At the moment the best useable rom, not perfect, but useable so far. ( i like the AOD function ;) like the same on my mi9tpro)
with CN Rom i had no issues. on all other roms, still not useable! long time no signal fix, and call drops quiet often. and no SMS about a missed call.

with xiaomi.eu i have all time signal, and sometimes a call drop, but the second attemp succeed most of the time.

again, it looks like only a little bit improvement is needed for xiaomi.eu :)

i try the Taiwan rom soon.. or @fal4fal whats your feedback now?

edit:
i posted the issue on the BUG section as well
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/redmi-note-12-turbo-call-problems-poco-f5-chinese-version.69876/

Last edited:
i am still on xiaomi.eu ROM 14.0.23
At the moment the best useable rom, not perfect, but useable so far. ( i like the AOD function ;) like the same on my mi9tpro)
with CN Rom i had no issues. on all other roms, still not useable! long time no signal fix, and call drops quiet often. and no SMS about a missed call.

with xiaomi.eu i have all time signal, and sometimes a call drop, but the second attemp succeed most of the time.

again, it looks like only a little bit improvement is needed for xiaomi.eu :)

i try the Taiwan rom soon.. or @fal4fal whats your feedback now?

edit:
i posted the issue on the BUG section as well
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/redmi-note-12-turbo-call-problems-poco-f5-chinese-version.69876/
i will try diffrent rom's tonaight and i will go back to global or Taiwan to see if it's fixed or not.

Everything described below doesn't work, so I have no idea how to make this phone ring. I'll wait for the global version and it's interesting to see if there is the same trick there. In general, the method below helped partially, there were fewer problems with the network, but I still can't call stably. Good luck to those who manage to fix it

I want to greet everyone. And so, today I will tell you how to make turbo finally start calling fully. I will write down the points (as I did and everything works):
1. Miui, which you have at the moment, will be demolished, so save everything important;
2. Download the pure android mod (in my case Evolution X);
3. After we clear all the data through recovery and put a clean android (put it without any SIM card, I was sewing with a SIM card and it didn't work properly (the Internet didn't work, but the calls worked), other SIM cards worked great) ;
4. Log in after installation and, who needs a naked android, stay on it, you can now call safely, the Internet is working and now it's a full-fledged phone.
5. The fifth point for those who want to return to Miui and will consist of sub-items:
5.1 We choose the right version of Miui for you (experiments are no longer needed here, you need to choose a specific version);
5.2 After selecting the firmware version, download it and put it on the phone (I put the eu through recovery as well as a clean android through data cleaning and installing it);
5.3 Flashing will pass with errors (in the case of eu), do not be afraid and reboot into the system;
5.4 We are waiting for the full download and we are glad that you can now call fully, no compromises (in general, there is one if you want to switch to another version of miui (not to be confused with updating the firmware and switching to another) - you need to repeat everything from the beginning, first naked android, then miui);
I hope the instructions will help (for half a year I tried to make it ring properly). No idea how it works, but it works

Last edited:
no, if u back to Chinese version everythin is working ok
I'm still using China ROM no problems, jsut delete Chinese app install GPlay Store done
at the moment i am a few days back on CN Rom, working well !! no issues with signal / call drop..
But for me, i need Android Auto, and this is not possible, because its not implemented in the ROM, app install dont help :(
Another question: did you changed the default search engine from baidu to Google? i dont know how.

Another idea: maybe different kernel will help??
anybody tried EliteRom ?

at the moment i am a few days back on CN Rom, working well !! no issues with signal / call drop..
But for me, i need Android Auto, and this is not possible, because its not implemented in the ROM, app install dont help :(
Another question: did you changed the default search engine from baidu to Google? i dont know how.

anybody tried EliteRom ?
I never use Android Auto. But as the GooglePlay is officially supported in CN stock rom, are you saying that the Android Auto app you download and install from GooglePlay doen't work at all?

anybody tried EliteRom ?
I tried, same problem

Hi everyone, if anyone is interested, then I can say a partial solution to the problem with calls. It is solved by installing not miui, but any custom naked android (of all that I tried the best from Exolution X, It has a LeEco camera that makes the phone's camera even better (try it and you'll never want to go back to a regular Xiaomi camera again))

Hi everyone, if anyone is interested, then I can say a partial solution to the problem with calls. It is solved by installing not miui, but any custom naked android (of all that I tried the best from Exolution X, It has a LeEco camera that makes the phone's camera even better (try it and you'll never want to go back to a regular Xiaomi camera again))
Thank you for the advice. I tried Evolution X when you mentioned it earlier. Seems like call drops problem is fixed there. But the overall impression of this ROM is not too good, starting with the camera which crashes in most of the modes (night, portrait etc.). And as I remember, Gpay doesn't work too. So for now I reverted to China ROM, cleared it of most China apps and it's more or less OK. Some things don't work (like OK, Google), but at least it's mostly usable. Too bad that nobody found REAL solution. Maybe it's time to stop buying phones made for Chinese market. I guess Xiaomi wants exactly this, that's why they screwd up this phone for us. :(

Reactions: senerex and dalimit
Thank you for the advice.... I guess Xiaomi wants exactly this, that's why they screwd up this phone for us. :(
Quote: "I guess Xiaomi wants exactly this, that's why they screwed up this phone for us." It looks like that. Those buggers!

Last edited:
Reactions: rsbosss