ROM for Redmi Note 12 Turbo

Quote: "I guess Xiaomi wants exactly this, that's why they screwed up this phone for us." I believe that. Those buggers. Anyway I only bought 12 Turbo because: a.) i believed they will introduce their international equal 3 months later (and couldn't wait that long) and b.) Xiaomi also offers 1TB version only in China. Becuase of call problems (with other ROMs) and Chinese MIUI (terrible ROM!!!), I shelved my 1TB, 12 Turbo and had to purchase a new Poco F5. Now I'll use 12 Turbo only for experimental purposes. What a waste of € 500,-! I'll never again buy a Xiaomi Smarphone dedicated for Chinese market!
Actually I just flashed MiuiTN ROM. It's Vietnamese, as I understand. No problems with incoming calls fo far. One weird thing though is that if you choose a certain language (Ukrainian in my case) right after installing this ROM and then some time later change it to other (e. g. English), then you can't switch back to your initial language. It is simply absent in language settings. I hope they will fix it in the future.
Of course, xiaomi.eu is better, so I will come back to it after / if they fix this calls problem.

Actually I just flashed MiuiTN ROM. It's Vietnamese, as I understand. No problems with incoming calls fo far. One weird thing though is that if you choose a certain language (Ukrainian in my case) right after installing this ROM and then some time later change it to other (e. g. English), then you can't switch back to your initial language. It is simply absent in language settings. I hope they will fix it in the future.
Of course, xiaomi.eu is better, so I will come back to it after / if they fix this calls problem.
True. At least on the xiaomi.EU rom calling problem for the Redmi Note 12 Turbo (Chinese), I think we might not blame Xiaomi but review the procedure here. Again, it should keep the baseline for the Chinese version when making the EU rom based on the Chinese stock rom.

PS. Taking the experience on MiuiTN, and also xiaomi.eu and MiuiTN are both based on the Chinese stock rom, I have a good reason to believe that EUrom modified/touched something to cause the problem.

True. At least on the xiaomi.EU rom calling problem for the Redmi Note 12 Turbo (Chinese), I think we might not blame Xiaomi but review the procedure here. Again, it should keep the baseline for the Chinese version when making the EU rom based on the Chinese stock rom.

PS. Taking the experience on MiuiTN, and also xiaomi.eu and MiuiTN are both based on the Chinese stock rom, I have a good reason to believe that EUrom modified/touched something to cause the problem.
It's possible but not 100% sure. MiuiTN behaves during initial setting as it is a Google Pixel ROM and then switches to MIUI interface. So maybe there was some additional work done, not only copying everything from China ROM.

My Redmi Note 12 Turbo had China MIUI (V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM) installed, I flashed over it (xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip) but had continous network drops. So I returned to China MIUI again. Today I flashed over it the Poco F5 Taiwan MIUI (V14.0.5.0.TMRTWXM) and after couple of minutes I flashed over it (xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip). I've been testing my 12 Turbo for couple of hours now and not once the network dropped. Strange, but everything seems to be working perfectly fine. I'm using EU network operators.

Here the link for Xiaomi.EU Rom: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv14/

Here the link for MIUI Roms: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/marble/

Last edited:
Reactions: nodir.hajiev
My Redmi Note 12 Turbo had China MIUI (V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM) installed, I flashed over it (xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip) but had continous network drops. So I returned to China MIUI again. Today I flashed over it the Poco F5 Taiwan MIUI (V14.0.5.0.TMRTWXM) and after couple of minutes I flashed over it (xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip). I've been testing my 12 Turbo for couple of hours now and not once the network dropped. Strange, but everything seems to be working perfectly fine. I'm using EU network operators.
Sounds good but let's wait a bit. Please, test it for a couple more days and let us all know if it really is OK with mobile network.

Reactions: senerex
Sounds good but let's wait a bit. Please, test it for a couple more days and let us all know if it really is OK with mobile network.

Here the link for Xiaomi.EU Rom: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv14/

Here the link for MIUI Roms: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/marble/
Any news?

Any news?
Since last Saturday my Redmi Note 12 Turbo works perfectly fine. No network drops, no call drops, no problems with internet etc. I use 2 SIM-cards continuously and both of them work perfectly fine, I can call and be called without interruption. I use second space as well and all apps in both spaces work perfectly fine. Also after rooting the smartphone also works fine. I haven't tried GPay, so i can't say if it works, my bank app woks though.

When you flash Taiwan MIUI (over China MIUI) pls start the smartphone and go through initial settings, then activate developer settings (Settings/About Phone/MIUI version. Click on MIUI version 7 or 8 times) and enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging", and then after couple of minutes flash over it (xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip). I hope this procedure works for you too.

Last edited:
Since last Saturday my Redmi Note 12 Turbo works perfectly fine. No network drops, no call drops, no problems with internet etc. I use 2 SIM-cards continuously and both of them work perfectly fine, I can call and be called without interuption. I use second space as well and all apps in both spaces work perfectly fine. When you flash Taiwan MIUI (over China MIUI) pls start the smartphone and go through initial settings, then activate developer settings (Settings/About Phone/MIUI version. Click on MIUI version 7 or 8 times) and enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging", and then after couple of minutes flash over it (xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip). I hope this procedure works for you too.
I'm using MiuiTN. So I need Taiwan firmware without custom settings, after that flash EU?

Since last Saturday my Redmi Note 12 Turbo works perfectly fine. No network drops, no call drops, no problems with internet etc. I use 2 SIM-cards continuously and both of them work perfectly fine, I can call and be called without interuption. I use second space as well and all apps in both spaces work perfectly fine. When you flash Taiwan MIUI (over China MIUI) pls start the smartphone and go through initial settings, then activate developer settings (Settings/About Phone/MIUI version. Click on MIUI version 7 or 8 times) and enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging", and then after couple of minutes flash over it (xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip). I hope this procedure works for you too.
Did u flash through PC or twrp? Or XiaomiTool v2?

Last edited:
I'm using MiuiTN. So I need Taiwan firmware without custom settings, after that flash EU?
I never flashed MiuiTN, hence I can't really say about it. As i described in post #156 of this thread, on my Redmi Note 12 Turbo, I had originally the China MUI, I flashed over it Taiwan MIUI (as per point H.5.a. in the All-in-One, see link below. Attention, do not klick H.5.c. because you'll lock the bootloader and you cannot flash Xiaomi.EU) and then over it Xiaomi.EU (as per point D in the All-in-One, see link below). That's what worked for me.

My bootloader is unlocked and flashed twrp
You don't need twrp to flash MIUI or Xiaomi.EU Roms. For Xiaomi.EU Rom you can use twrp but don't necessarily need it, you can install initially and also update Xiaomi.EU roms also without twrp. Only precondition is, the bootloader has to be unlocked. You need in any case the twrp for other roms though (evolution x, risingos, etc.) which can be checked here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/xiaomi-poco-f5-redmi-note-12-turbo-china.12733/?prefix_id=33

Did u flash through PC or twrp? Or XiaomiTool v2?
Through PC, no need for twrp for MIUI and Xiaomi.EU roms. See "All-in-One" in the link above.

Last edited:
I never flashed MiuiTN, hence I can't really say about it. As i described in post #156 of this thread, on my Redmi Note 12 Turbo, I had originally the China MUI, I flashed over it Taiwan MIUI and then over it Xiaomi.EU. That's what worked for me.
Need twrp for flashing?

Since last Saturday my Redmi Note 12 Turbo works perfectly fine. No network drops, no call drops, no problems with internet etc. I use 2 SIM-cards continuously and both of them work perfectly fine, I can call and be called without interruption. I use second space as well and all apps in both spaces work perfectly fine. Also after rooting the smartphone also works fine. I haven't tried GPay, so i can't say if it works, my bank app woks though.

When you flash Taiwan MIUI (over China MIUI) pls start the smartphone and go through initial settings, then activate developer settings (Settings/About Phone/MIUI version. Click on MIUI version 7 or 8 times) and enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging", and then after couple of minutes flash over it (xiaomi.eu_multi_MARBLE_V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM_v14-13.zip). I hope this procedure works for you too.
I've tried step by step, on china and taiwan firmware good network, after flashing to eu again same problem

Leaving partitions?
Yes. It's not just the Modem partition that's causing this issue. There something else that's triggering the issue.

Try this Method for it to be easier:-

1. Flash MiuiCN (Fastboot)
2. Flash TWRP Marble by Nebrassy
3. Boot to Twrp and Backup Boot, Dtbo, Modem, EFS, Persist and Vendor boot.
>now Backup your TWRP folder to somewhere safe just incase
4. Flash XiaomiEU Rom (Fastboot/Twrp, it doesn't matter)
5. Boot to TWRP again, Restore the backups we made on Step 3.
6. After restoring, go to Reboot> and change Slot from A to B (or to Slot A if your current slot is B).
7. Go back to Restore Tab again and Restore the backups we made in Step 3.
8. Now go to Reboot Tab again and switch your Slot back to your previous "Current Slot". (In my case it was A so i switched it back to A)
9. Reboot

See if this works for you.
16eee36c4f5f86383162418ddf857b2f.jpg

Yes. It's not just the Modem partition that's causing this issue. There something else that's triggering the issue.

6. After restoring, go to Reboot> and change Slot from A to B (or to Slot A if your current slot is B).
8. Now go to Reboot Tab again and switch your Slot back to your previous "Current Slot". (In my case it was A so i switched it back to A)
9. Reboot

Thanks for tutorial. Now I'm flashed V14.0.20.0.TMRCNXM modem image. It works but not stable. Maybe this tutorial will work for me.
Question: Will it work stable after these operations? Need I use latest firmwares of chinese and eu?

Last edited:
Thanks for tutorial. Now I'm flashed V14.0.20.0.TMRCNXM modem image. It works but not stable. Maybe this tutorial will work for me.
Question: Will it work stable after these operations? Need I use latest firmwares of chinese and eu?
Results are different for everybody depending on their bands.
most of these are just experiments.
This method worked for me (for now atleast).

Modem-Efs-Persist:- these partitions can be from older version and won't cause complications, إن شاء الله. Infact it's better for you to have these three partition from V14.0.20.0 because Modem from that version is working well for you.

But other partitions like Boot, Dtbo and Vendor boot is better to be from the firmware your XiaomiEu rom is based on.

Additional Note:- if you fail to boot up after following all the steps, then Reflash XiaomiEu, and then Start again from step 5 but remove "Vendor Boot" from the List.

Good Luck, and Let us know the result!

Results are different for everybody depending on their bands.
most of these are just experiments.
This method worked for me (for now atleast).

Modem-Efs-Persist:- these partitions can be from older version and won't cause complications, إن شاء الله. Infact it's better for you to have these three partition from V14.0.20.0 because Modem from that version is working well for you.

But other partitions like Boot, Dtbo and Vendor boot is better to be from the firmware your XiaomiEu rom is based on.

Additional Note:- if you fail to boot up after following all the steps, then Reflash XiaomiEu, and then Start again from step 5 but remove "Vendor Boot" from the List.

Good Luck, and Let us know the result!
anyone try this and work ?

a

9. Reboot

am try it and didnt work