[rom] Ivan's Aosp Lollipop 5.1

I had a few problems but I reinstalled making sure to wipe everything (apart from storage) including android secure and haven't had any problems since

Sorry but I can't find a clear answer in the thread for my case: I'm using 5.4.14 on a system with stock partitioning and TDB (I'm very happy with it, it has just minor glitches). Can I upgrade to 5.5.7 without re-partitioning, i.e. just flashing over the old one?

I got some problems: few reboots, phone doesn't wake up on some apps like pomodoro challenge, and sometimes it freezes.
Mi2s 16gb, last twrp already reinstalled with full wipes.

I got some problems: few reboots, phone doesn't wake up on some apps like pomodoro challenge, and sometimes it freezes.
Mi2s 16gb, last twrp already reinstalled with full wipes.

You don´t mention the most important feature: which ROM you are on.
This is not only your fault. The thread has become very difficult to follow, because it is about various ROMs and users tend to discuss their own problems without mentioning the specific ROM they use, as if it was all the same, which isn't so.
Another important information is the eventual use of xposed framework and of the exact modules each one uses. I tested some of them which are supposed to be compatible with android 5.1.1 and experienced several unexpected problems, which made me restore my backup to overcome them.
However, I'm on latest AOSP 5.1.1 for not merged partitions [5.5.7] and have no such problems, like those you mention in your post. On the contrary, the ROM is extremely stable, smooth and appropriate for daily use, with a tremendous battery life!
So, my suggestion is to try this specific ROM, which is extremely light in terms of system apps. First try it for a few days without xposed or third applications which might not be compatible with this android update and if it is OK, then the problem lies in those third party apps.

I am on AOSP 5.1.1 - last from Ivan for old partition. This ROM is awesome in speed! Battery life is very good I think (2,5 - 4 hour of screen time - it depends on wifi and how long is phone idle - my average is between one day and one day and a half).
I miss some feature from MIUI and don't know, if new sMIUI has same speed and battery life...
I had few times I thing soft reboot - PIN keyboard appeared and also 1 mute incomming call bug.
Sometimes in MIUI I had battery wakelock and nowadays in this rom - not so many. Maybe none - is hard to say that - I use my phone a lot these days...

I am on AOSP 5.1.1 - last from Ivan for old partition. This ROM is awesome in speed! Battery life is very good I think (2,5 - 4 hour of screen time - it depends on wifi and how long is phone idle - my average is between one day and one day and a half).
I miss some feature from MIUI and don't know, if new sMIUI has same speed and battery life...
I had few times I thing soft reboot - PIN keyboard appeared and also 1 mute incomming call bug.
Sometimes in MIUI I had battery wakelock and nowadays in this rom - not so many. Maybe none - is hard to say that - I use my phone a lot these days...
Im the same ROM and battery life (no 3g) only WiFi i hace 3.5~5 hours

You don´t mention the most important feature: which ROM you are on.
This is not only your fault. The thread has become very difficult to follow, because it is about various ROMs and users tend to discuss their own problems without mentioning the specific ROM they use, as if it was all the same, which isn't so.
Another important information is the eventual use of xposed framework and of the exact modules each one uses. I tested some of them which are supposed to be compatible with android 5.1.1 and experienced several unexpected problems, which made me restore my backup to overcome them.
However, I'm on latest AOSP 5.1.1 for not merged partitions [5.5.7] and have no such problems, like those you mention in your post. On the contrary, the ROM is extremely stable, smooth and appropriate for daily use, with a tremendous battery life!
So, my suggestion is to try this specific ROM, which is extremely light in terms of system apps. First try it for a few days without xposed or third applications which might not be compatible with this android update and if it is OK, then the problem lies in those third party apps.
You are right, I am on cm12.1. No use of xposed.

I totally agree with you: when few days ago I asked a user why he was talking about mokee here, I got a rude answer.

This thread unfortunately become a mess. First it was clear that it is for Ivans AOSP 5.1. Then suddenly it was mixed with cm12.1 by Ivan, then mokee, than different versions for merged and unmerged partitions and so on... I assume that someone who isn't following the thread from beginning will be very confused, but at least on a highly sophisticated level

Rgrds
Stephan

Reactions: charlie80

Although I haven't read any negative feedback here about the ROM you are on, I assure you that GravityBox offers me almost the same customization options as cm12.1 without the slightest side-effect. So, from this aspect, you can give AOSP 5.1.1 [5.5.7] a try to see if your problems disappear, given that you have stock (unmerged) partitions!

I totally agree with you: when few days ago I asked a user why he was talking about mokee here, I got a rude answer.

Yes, I remember, it was by @spaxon I'm sure it was an unfortunate moment of him and that it wasn't meant to insult you. He is a good guy, among those who are trying to fix the mess of this thread, so don't take him wrong (although it's a bit late for that...)
take care ;)

Although I haven't read any negative feedback here about the ROM you are on, I assure you that GravityBox offers me almost the same customization options as cm12.1 without the slightest side-effect. So, from this aspect, you can give AOSP 5.1.1 [5.5.7] a try to see if your problems disappear, given that you have stock (unmerged) partitions!

Yes, I remember, it was by @spaxon I'm sure it was an unfortunate moment of him and that it wasn't meant to insult you. He is a good guy, among those who are trying to fix the mess of this thread, so don't take him wrong (although it's a bit late for that...)
take care ;)
I agree with you, Ivan`s AOSP 5.1.1 latest 5.5.7 + gravitybox + some other xposed modules = CM12.1 (today version).
Good combination without crucial bugs (except wifi deep sleep not works correctly), Cm12.1 is a little buggy.
About that misunderstanding with @smartass7, that was nothing because I was trying to inform other users about new version of MoKee rom with standard partitions, based on Ivan`s 5.1.1. I meant no harm or something else... ;)

If you feels that your AOSP 5.1.1 speakers or headphones are not loud enough here is the solution that I saw on 4pda:
https://yadi.sk/d/7oBNmPvLgyde9
It is for LG G3, but also works fine on mi2s AOSP roms, I dont know if it will work on cm12.1 or other roms?
Just flash it and you will hear louder but also good quality (dolby) sound, I dont backup anything like they said on xda forum.
I have tried it and it is now pretty good loud sound, I prefer it!
I have normal partitions version - Ivan`s 5.1.1 modified 5.5.7

Please read source for more information:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/general/guide-headphone-speaker-volume-booster-t2819821

Last edited:
Reactions: heron
I can't send sms with Google Messenger on AOSP 5.1.1. Anyone knows why? Other sms apps work

its only me, or either cm12 and 5.1 aosp have random reboots and freezes?
Actually I have some freezes and rebbots on Cm12.1. And I also have some problem playing music: I mean that sometimes it paused on its own and then it restart always on its own. I was just waiting for an update, or for the version Micha is working on.

its only me, or either cm12 and 5.1 aosp have random reboots and freezes?
I use the Ivan's 5.5.3 partitioned ASOP ROM for almost a week and i can say i had no reboots or freezes and actually so far it's the best and the most stable ROM i ever used on this phone.
The only bug i had noticed so far is that sometimes i just hear notification sound but don't receive any massage/notice on my device. only the sound alert.

my installation steps were:
1. made partition to my device with MiPCSuite app.
2. flash Chinese v6.0.5.1 CWM
3. fully wipe phone (data, catch, dalvik)
4. installed Ivan's 5.5.3 ROM

Reactions: dextructor